FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WaitWhat

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

MiRai wrote:If you're just playing by yourself and are trying to get a feel for multiboxing, then Variable Keystrokes works right out-of-the-box and will continue to work even if you invite others to your party because they'll be placed at the bottom of the list, in turn, leaving your Variable Keystrokes completely unaffected. If your party order is getting messed up somehow, you can open up the social pane in game and manually re-order the party to your liking.

Trying to figure out how to do this without using F1,F2 for my two characters at the moment cause I use this keyboard and f keys are hard to reach and would be to hard to do f1 and such for the Variable Keys since I'd have to move my hand over the entire left side to use them.
http://obsoletegamer.com/wp-content/upl ... oard-2.jpg
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Alge wrote:The mouselook behaviour is significantly improved for me in 5871 (current dev build). I can move around while holding/dragging right mouse to move the camera and everything works fairly smoothly. Sometimes a right click and drag still fails to register though and I am being particularly careful not to do those clicks over a UI element.

How about if you hold down a modifier key and try to move the mouse. ;)

WaitWhat wrote:Trying to figure out how to do this without using F1,F2 for my two characters at the moment cause I use this keyboard and f keys are hard to reach and would be to hard to do f1 and such for the Variable Keys since I'd have to move my hand over the entire left side to use them.
http://obsoletegamer.com/wp-content/upl ... oard-2.jpg

I don't think you understand how ISBoxer and Variable Keystrokes work. You press your Assist key that you configured in the Wizard, and ISBoxer presses the right F-keys depending on which window you pressed it in.

EDIT: Clarification
<<

WaitWhat

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Edit:

Got it working,

Assist is giving me issues somewhat (Tends to target my master and have to hit the assist button a few times every now and then for it to target the mob but its tolerable atm.)

Now I gotta get the Interact with Target working since am failing to do so atm.

Edit2:
Got Interact working for easy picking up. Getting a hang of this I think. xD
Last edited by WaitWhat on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

djein

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Just got all setup on my new computer i7 4770k 4.5ghz 16gb g.skill trident 2400 ddr3 and gtx670ftw and a samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD. Quite a significant upgrade from my other computer and I'm still feeling the same muddy camera/mouse movement. I'm feeling its not hardware related at this point since i'm idling at 25% cpu usage with 4 instances open.

MiRai wrote:How about if you hold down a modifier key and try to move the mouse. ;)

MEANY! Holy cow does it ever st..st.st...sttt...stutter when u hold down a modifier :(

edit: hmm it seems to be worse even if i push a movment key like W + mouse camera move.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:41 pm

djein wrote:Just got all setup on my new computer i7 4770k 4.5ghz 16gb g.skill trident 2400 ddr3 and gtx670ftw and a samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD. Quite a significant upgrade from my other computer and I'm still feeling the same muddy camera/mouse movement. I'm feeling its not hardware related at this point since i'm idling at 25% cpu usage with 4 instances open.

MiRai wrote:How about if you hold down a modifier key and try to move the mouse. ;)

MEANY! Holy cow does it ever st..st.st...sttt...stutter when u hold down a modifier :(

edit: hmm it seems to be worse even if i push a movment key like W + mouse camera move.

Yup, FFXIV support is still a work in progress.

The main thing as far as this current input lag / choppiness goes, is your CPU Strategy. Use the CPU Strategy Wizard, from the Wizards menu, and change your CPU Strategy to "Select all CPUs with every window" -- the bottom one. It PROBABLY defaulted to Round-robin for you, and if you did not pick this CPU Strategy as MiRai pointed out a page or two back, then you're probably going to experience this lag. MiRai also mentioned early on that disabling the in-game FPS limiting can also help.

Neither of these suggestions are saying that your hardware is insufficient.
<<

djein

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:47 pm

I made sure to double check the cpu strat on my new system before testing and I have done the ingame system settings suggested by Mirai. I'm just really happy this issue is taking a step forward :) Holding Mouse 1 and 2 to move forward while moving the camera is almost lag free. But any key combination in conjunction with mouse camera movement such as W (Forward) and Mouse 2 (camera movement) is a very touchy random situation. Sometimes it will be fairly smooth then take on a mind of its own and lock for a few seconds making me faceplant into a wall. The issue is compounded when a modifier (alt/shift/ctrl) is used and becomes an unplayable mess. Please don't take this as a complaint by any means I just wish to report this to the best of my ability since you guys seem to fix these problems so quickly.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:54 pm

coming from day one of tryin to get support for ffivx its been leaps and bounds on laxes and marias parts at first you couldn't even do any keyclicks to start with now atleast you can do quite abit if your willing to try hard at it =P
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:07 pm

gnetcham wrote:coming from day one of tryin to get support for ffivx its been leaps and bounds on laxes and marias parts at first you couldn't even do any keyclicks to start with now atleast you can do quite abit if your willing to try hard at it =P

gnetcham wrote:coming from day one of tryin to get support for ffivx its been leaps and bounds on laxes and marias parts

gnetcham wrote:laxes and marias

gnetcham wrote:marias

Who? ;)
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

MiRai wrote:
gnetcham wrote:coming from day one of tryin to get support for ffivx its been leaps and bounds on laxes and marias parts at first you couldn't even do any keyclicks to start with now atleast you can do quite abit if your willing to try hard at it =P

gnetcham wrote:coming from day one of tryin to get support for ffivx its been leaps and bounds on laxes and marias parts

gnetcham wrote:laxes and marias

gnetcham wrote:marias

Who? ;)

Mirai :D
<<

djein

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 am

Out of idle curiosity when the Phase 3 Beta ends...can you guys still continue FFXIV ARR development on ISBoxer? Or do you need to wait until the Phase 4 open beta starts (pretty much the real start of the game).

PS. I would never spell Mireyes name wrong. Evar.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV