FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part4" 7/5 2:00 a.m. no end time atm

djein wrote:So we can run 4 instances of FFXIV through isboxer? I read somewhere the client itself only accepts 3 max. If we can run 4 (a full light party) then u are my hero Lax <3

http://youtu.be/bfzczYEbFik
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 am

Love the video but might want to take it down or block out your names =P they still got a ban up for video, screen shots are ok for public :D .

I was running instnaces last night and about 90% of all the instnaces are 4 man max , the raids are for higher end from what iam told via old linkshell 8 man partys then joining up muti 8 man groups to make a huge army to take down world bosses and such.

I didnt notice that when you pull mobs with more members you get more links I think that would of killed anyone first trying it out and pulling a treant heh.

cant wait for open beta coming up

btw Mirai whats your PC build I noticed you were running 5 clients with such ease, Did you have them all on lower res ingame and lowest setings?

Thanks again for your work with makin ISboxer better :D
<<

WaitWhat

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:45 am

By the look of the Macro System, Will FFXIV have the ability to have a Auto Wizard Set up available at launch like what WoW's Auto Wizard Set is?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:18 am

WaitWhat wrote:By the look of the Macro System, Will FFXIV have the ability to have a Auto Wizard Set up available at launch like what WoW's Auto Wizard Set is?

Most games have a macro system, but only certain ones actually provide a method that ISBoxer can use to create and key bind macros similar to WoW's Addon system. So far I have no indication that this is possible for FFXIV.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:30 am

gnetcham wrote:btw Mirai whats your PC build I noticed you were running 5 clients with such ease, Did you have them all on lower res ingame and lowest setings?

2600K @ 4.6GHz // 2x GTX 580 3GB
<<

WaitWhat

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:47 pm

lax wrote:
WaitWhat wrote:By the look of the Macro System, Will FFXIV have the ability to have a Auto Wizard Set up available at launch like what WoW's Auto Wizard Set is?

Most games have a macro system, but only certain ones actually provide a method that ISBoxer can use to create and key bind macros similar to WoW's Addon system. So far I have no indication that this is possible for FFXIV.

I asked this on Mi's video but are Macros Client or Server based with where they are stored. I asked cause if a base file could be made and we could fill out the names for who needs it and such it could make make the whole macro thing easier and work over like rift a bit wouldn't it?
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:54 pm

MiRai wrote:2600K @ 4.6GHz // 2x GTX 580 3GB

I take it that its a i7-2600k right? I got a i5-2500k at 4.2GHz and can only run 2 clients at mid settings and almost maxes cpu when iam in the city runs about 70% outside town with 2 clients, Iam looking to upgrade to a stronger CPU thats why I was asking =P, and GPU wise iam running 1x 7990 radeon 4gb
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:56 pm

WaitWhat wrote:I asked this on Mi's video but are Macros Client or Server based with where they are stored. I asked cause if a base file could be made and we could fill out the names for who needs it and such it could make make the whole macro thing easier and work over like rift a bit wouldn't it?

This has already been answered in this thread, but I'll try again...

Whether macros are stored on the client or server is only part of the issue. The real issue, as MiRai and Lax already pointed out above, is the need to be able to create (or modify) macros and key bindings outside the game. ISBoxer does this for WoW using it's addon system. ISBoxer does this for games by Cryptic using a file called binds.txt. This cannot be done for RIFT because the RIFT addon API does not currently support the keybinding of macros. There is not currently any indication that this can be done for FFXIV.
Last edited by Alge on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:57 pm

WaitWhat wrote:I asked this on Mi's video but are Macros Client or Server based with where they are stored. I asked cause if a base file could be made and we could fill out the names for who needs it and such it could make make the whole macro thing easier and work over like rift a bit wouldn't it?

As far as macros Its not really all that hard to set up a macro list in notepade and copypaste, But as far as auto filling out macros basic ones might be able to but ffxiv classes are hybrids would still have to do custom macros for each build/class
<<

djein

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:47 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part5"July 10, 2013 , Wed 2am/Monday 2am PST

Anyone else having problems broadcasting modifiers to other windows? For example Shift + F12 to /target "name" /follow doesn't work. But if i go into that window it works. If i bind to 1,2,3, etc it broadcasts to other windows just fine.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV