FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Sylver wrote:
nodoze wrote:I like it very much especially the ...
EDIT: If you haven't already, you may want to put a brief mention in the instructions about how to bring up the UI modification area in Neverwinter as newer people will have to move their chacter icon, party icons, the mini-map, quest indicators ,etc...
... Also, I did a guide some time ago about the UI, its here: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4130

I can try and incorporate some of that into the NeverBoxer guide as well - thanks again for the feedback. ;)
LOL that also is very well done. 6/5 was the day the family and I went on over 2 weeks of vacation which is why I only sporadically responded to the forums during those times and when getting back to work full time.

To keep the main post from getting too large, you could just put a small into and link to that guide like you did with:
Sylver wrote:PART 6 - Neverwinter ISBoxer performance optimization

See the following guide to learn how to optimize your system for multi-boxing Neverwinter: viewtopic.php ...
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:43 pm

I have been working with v0.8 after slightly mod'ing to make the healer focus on me on F2 & F3 such that I have slot 2 hard targeting slot1 on the press of F2 & F3 which, at level 60 end game, do Healing Word via E in slot 2 (triggered via F2 in slot 1) and Astral Shield via R in slot 3 (triggered via F3 in slot 1).

This is pretty much the same config I had previously in the KISS that I adapted from Norrin but the healing is greatly enhanced via being able to see the Divinity Meter to leverage it when it is charged up as the Healer's abilities are greatly strengthened. While sourcing in the entire arc of the divinity meter I do find the background a little distracting and may try to just have the 3 +'s showing with just the part of the Divinity Meter arc near the 3 +'s instead. EDIT: I realize you are trying to leave the users of NB to be able to run a GF in slot2 if they want so I don't recommend you change it at this point but thought it valuable to share my observations regardless. I personally don't think I could reverse my Healer into slot1 and GF into slot 2 and be successful as successful as the other way around but others may vary. I can see that flexibility valuable for combos with no tank/GF but I am not sure they would be able to clear standard 5man dungeons...

Some things that you may want to look at for v0.9:

- It appears that when running a GF on Slot 1 and blocking, that my healer isn't fireing her mouse1 and mouse2 at will abilities; In some fights you may want/need to keep your block up & the slave(s) just sitting there will be extremely problematic. Please test and see if you also get this behavior.

- AoE abilities targeting the Tank are going past the tank unless a wall intercepts. I started a thread on this and others don't seem to think it is that big of an issue with it hampering them that much. In your testing our healing spells you may want to try this with a GF yourself and chime in.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 pm

nodoze wrote:I have been working with v0.8 after slightly mod'ing to make the healer focus on me on F2 & F3 such that I have slot 2 hard targeting slot1 on the press of F2 & F3 which, at level 60 end game, do Healing Word via E in slot 2 (triggered via F2 in slot 1) and Astral Shield via R in slot 3 (triggered via F3 in slot 1).

This is pretty much the same config I had previously in the KISS that I adapted from Norrin but the healing is greatly enhanced via being able to see the Divinity Meter to leverage it when it is charged up as the Healer's abilities are greatly strengthened. While sourcing in the entire arc of the divinity meter I do find the background a little distracting and may try to just have the 3 +'s showing with just the part of the Divinity Meter arc near the 3 +'s instead. EDIT: I realize you are trying to leave the users of NB to be able to run a GF in slot2 if they want so I don't recommend you change it at this point but thought it valuable to share my observations regardless. I personally don't think I could reverse my Healer into slot1 and GF into slot 2 and be successful as successful as the other way around but others may vary. I can see that flexibility valuable for combos with no tank/GF but I am not sure they would be able to clear standard 5man dungeons...

Some things that you may want to look at for v0.9:

- It appears that when running a GF on Slot 1 and blocking, that my healer isn't fireing her mouse1 and mouse2 at will abilities; In some fights you may want/need to keep your block up & the slave(s) just sitting there will be extremely problematic. Please test and see if you also get this behavior.

- AoE abilities targeting the Tank are going past the tank unless a wall intercepts. I started a thread on this and others don't seem to think it is that big of an issue with it hampering them that much. In your testing our healing spells you may want to try this with a GF yourself and chime in.

Good info - for my heal setup I was using Healing Word as the direct heal for each targetable party member. I've experiemented with casting AOE healz at party member's location with mixed results, which means it's possible, I just need to get the technique using the binds down properly.

Once I get the interface working 100% the way I want to, I'll really start focusing on playability. That's why I've left my team in the mid-20's, so I can use them to fine-tune NeverBoxer as I level them up over time. I've gotten better at using a GF tank, and will probably replace one CW with a DC in slot 2. So I think we'll be using the same setup... End-game simply isn't possible without Tank and Healer, so that's where I'll be focusing this project.

We'll get there - don't worry! ;)
- Sylver
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:49 pm

nodoze wrote:To keep the main post from getting too large, you could just put a small into and link to that guide like you did with:
Sylver wrote:PART 6 - Neverwinter ISBoxer performance optimization

See the following guide to learn how to optimize your system for multi-boxing Neverwinter: viewtopic.php ...

I've toyed with the idea of making the guide a downloadable MS Word doc and including it in the Zip, but its easier for me to make edits from my iPad (like now) if I leave it in the forums. :|

I'll certainly include the link in the guide as you suggested. I like that guide because it illustrates just how much easier it is to use and create VFX in ISBoxer than the console as well...
- Sylver
<<

Tidomann

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I just finished the tutorial with all my characters- and I don't seem to be able to work the invite key. After manually inviting all my characters and using the shift+insert key to accept, the V key is not working to get the slaves to follow my main. Neither will the F6 or F7 button work.

I'm sure I have the characters renamed properly "CharacterName@AccountName". I'm beginning to think it might be because my master account has a space in his name. Would the correct format be "CharacterName CharacterSurname@AccountName" or should there be an underscore? I've tried without his surname and nothing has seem to change. Any help would be appreciated.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Tidomann wrote:I just finished the tutorial with all my characters- and I don't seem to be able to work the invite key. After manually inviting all my characters and using the shift+insert key to accept, the V key is not working to get the slaves to follow my main. Neither will the F6 or F7 button work.

I'm sure I have the characters renamed properly "CharacterName@AccountName". I'm beginning to think it might be because my master account has a space in his name. Would the correct format be "CharacterName CharacterSurname@AccountName" or should there be an underscore? I've tried without his surname and nothing has seem to change. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm, now that you mention it, all of my characters have a SingleCharactername@Accountname. That's definitely a possibility why it may not be working.

Recommend you create a dummy single name character on each account and log them in to test... best and fastest way to probably find out.

Please let us know if it's the case!

Does anyone else out there have characters with two-part names separated by a space that is working?
- Sylver
<<

Tidomann

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Hmmm no luck with the single name. So it must be something else that I have in error- any ideas?

Here is my pasted config:

http://www.privatepaste.com/f01d7349e2
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Tidomann wrote:I just finished the tutorial with all my characters- and I don't seem to be able to work the invite key. After manually inviting all my characters and using the shift+insert key to accept, the V key is not working to get the slaves to follow my main. Neither will the F6 or F7 button work.

What I would do to test this is go in the game and type /bind_save_file binds.txtx then go in to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live and double click on the binds.txtx and make sure all the names are correct. Another way of checking is going in to ISboxer and on the macro that Sylver created check the preview side and see if every character is inviting the way is suppose to same thing with the assist and so on.
<<

Tidomann

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:28 pm

zandokan wrote:What I would do to test this is go in the game and type /bind_save_file binds.txtx then go in to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live and double click on the binds.txtx and make sure all the names are correct. Another way of checking is going in to ISboxer and on the macro that Sylver created check the preview side and see if every character is inviting the way is suppose to same thing with the assist and so on.

I opened the created file saved from the in game command and saw that the file was indeed blank. This might be alarming.

Does this correlate at all to the fact that I saw in the forum that the base isoboxer-binds.txt file is supposed to be blank? I thought the /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt line in the launch options should cover any loaded binds. Am I wrong in this assumption? Should I try a load the character specific bind command in game to see if it continues to work?

Also- I see the SLOT1 Initiate Party Invide Key Map- how do I go about previewing it as you said to do in order to make sure it's working as intended.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Tidomann wrote:
zandokan wrote:What I would do to test this is go in the game and type /bind_save_file binds.txtx then go in to C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live and double click on the binds.txtx and make sure all the names are correct. Another way of checking is going in to ISboxer and on the macro that Sylver created check the preview side and see if every character is inviting the way is suppose to same thing with the assist and so on.

I opened the created file saved from the in game command and saw that the file was indeed blank. I saw in the forum that the base isoboxer-binds.txt file is supposed to be blank, and that just the /bind_load_file isboxer-binds.txt line in the launch options should cover my base. Am I wrong in this assumption? Should I try a load the character specific bind command in game to see if it continues to work?

Also- I see the SLOT1 Initiate Party Invide Key Map- how do I go about previewing to make sure it's working as intended.

You are correct in how you are proceeding. However, and hopefully lax doesn't jump in here upset because I'm telling people this, but if you want to troubleshoot whether or not your binds are working, just manually load those files to test the binds out for functionality. That will tell you if it's your binds, or something else.

All the SLOT1 Initiate Party invite keymap is doing is sending out a command when you press the key the first time to SLOT1 window (is1) that looks like this:

invite Moondancer$$invite Sundancer$$invite Stardancer$$invite Firedancer

These are the SLOT2-5 characters of my test-party, as seen by the SLOT 1 character. Then, when you press it the second time, it has all of the slave SLOT2-5 characters send a "Shift + 1" to their respective windows, thereby accepting the invite. Sometimes the lag in town is bad and you have to repeat the invite to get all of your characters. Actually it used to work 100% of the time before the game released, but for some unknown reason after that intial pre-patch, it usually takes 2 times to get everyone in. I know they were having really bad network issues (LAG) and did some things to fix it but now it just "feels" different. Anyways, hope all of that helps your troubleshooting.

Did you try the single names by the way?
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter