FFXIV 'preliminary multiboxing tests'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part3" 6/28 2:00 a.m. to 6/30 2:00 am PDT

Good to hear your playing around with it this weekend =P

Just getin on myself
Last edited by gnetcham on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Infinita

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part2" 6/21 2:00 a.m. to 6/23 2:00 am PDT

I am still noob at this isboxer thing. I only use basic thing from this game by turning on/off broadcaster, switching character by using f1-f4.. thats all I know. I really want to learn how to use /target, /assist, /follow and all those keymaps that i can use in ff14. I am not very good at understanding by reading but when showing me how it works i will pick it up in no time. I would appreciate the help, I really like to isboxer but I wanna learn more and use all tools I can to make it easier on myself. Like I want to use a tank, healer, and DD's to box but need the help set it up.
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Iam runing a duo team atm both casters , seting up assist+ targeting is the hardest thing to figure out sence there isnt any "/target name" in the game
Iam using for targeting/assit is a combo of set focus target + target focus target for my follower,everything else is a cake walk. Id be glad to help you set up from what ive seen and found out but were all still new to boxing ffxiv sence there isnt any real info on all the /slash commands in then game atm old ones from 1.0 dont work half the time.

Btw lax if you get around to it there is a small bug in the numpad broadcasting its a delay or its just wanting to send the key stroke twice, but with i disable keymap and turn on full boardcast it works 100% on first button press.

Mouse clicks still dont pass via to alt windows still =P

Targeting will be alot more easy once they let us do target marking + targeting the marked target for party

edit: numpad works fine but when you add it to keymaps for your team make sure you make it "press& relese" for the Excute a step when hotkey is pressed just for the "confirm and cancle" hotkeys for numpad 0 and del
Last edited by gnetcham on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Infinita

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Well, I am using free starter for World of Warcraft to learn how to use this so I can do for Final Fantasy XIV but I still can't do it. English is not my first language... I'm very frustrated here
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Infinita wrote:Well, I am using free starter for World of Warcraft to learn how to use this so I can do for Final Fantasy XIV but I still can't do it. English is not my first language... I'm very frustrated here

I can see how it would be sence the program is english but iam sure there are some mutiboxers on the forums that speak what you do =P
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:09 am

Infinita wrote:Well, I am using free starter for World of Warcraft to learn how to use this so I can do for Final Fantasy XIV but I still can't do it. English is not my first language... I'm very frustrated here

The game is in extremely limited Beta and you're asking to be one of the first to learn how to multibox it while there's still related bugs and we're still trying to figure things out with the game. I would suggest maybe waiting until we have had a chance to work on it some more, and even have time to produce a guide explaining how to multibox it, if it frustrates you to be an early adopter.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:03 am

cant let it get you worked up, gota give it some time for the players who mutibox to figure out the tips and tricks to make it more easy for others to follow,

I can see that FFXIV will be a very mutiboxing friendly game with time, I was able to get my duo to 15 this last weekend and iam still lookin for easier ways to macro/keybind step combos to make it flow easy,

So just dont give up =P
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Finally got a hold of a third beta account and..... I can't use it! When attempting to launch a third client I can log into the launcher and hit play, but then ffxiv.exe appears in the Task Manager for a split second and then it's gone -- No error message no nothin'. I find it odd that SE would put this limitation on their client when their FAQ specifically mentions playing three games simultaneously at the same time (and that it's allowed).

Assuming Lax will have to look into virtualizing this stuff further.

Here's what else I've found to help combat the input/mouse cursor lag:

I let Inner Space do all the FPS limiting and I set the active client to about 80 FPS while using either of the WINDOWED display modes. Using 60 seemed alright, but 80 seemed better and higher than 80 didn't seem to matter.

Currently virtualizing:
Code:
FFXIV.cfg -- Contains settings from the System Configuration panel

I also have no idea where they keep the launcher login info, but it's definitely not in "My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)" and I'm still looking around. EDIT - My guess is going to be the registry.
<<

gnetcham

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Nice find on the imput lag question, I didnt even see they had a fps limiter option so many new options in this game its hard to remember when it first came out vs this new ARR

Would be nice to find were that data for login info was stored, I remember in ffIX they let you box muti clients without any programs also
<<

Baltyre

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:32 am

Re: FFXIV Phase 3 "Part4" 7/5 2:00 a.m. no end time atm

Same here, i can't launch more than 2 games.
I had to use a second computer to launch 4 games.
Mouse click are not correclty broadcasted and it's a pain to do quest.
And there is some annoying input lag.

But it's promising, follow and assist works and the game system seems simple enought to be able to multibox it efficiently.
PreviousNext

Return to Final Fantasy XIV