FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BETA VERSION: NeverBoxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:42 am

Re: DOWNLOADABLE: Never Boxer - ISBoxer Config for Neverwinter

Ok so my first question. I have a 2 monitor setup. They do both support 1920x1200. I would rather have main on one screen and the other 4 in smaller windows on the 2nd. If I chance the monitor setup will it mess up anything you have setup ?
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 am

ecgric wrote:Ok so my first question. I have a 2 monitor setup. They do both support 1920x1200. I would rather have main on one screen and the other 4 in smaller windows on the 2nd. If I chance the monitor setup will it mess up anything you have setup ?

Since you are using the same resolution, probably not. Just go into the part of the config where the VFX is defined and change the VFX viewer destination from screen 1 to whatever number your second monitor's VFX screen will be. And if you want to split all four across that screen, you'll need to change the dimensions of the VFX viewers accordingly. But other than that, it should technically still work.
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Ok I tried this last night, minor thing I was not able to use the letter "V" in chat. Still not able to attack with all toons at the same time I go to the mobs go to my CW or Wiz and I press F1 and the CW casts his q but none else does anything, maybe Lax can help me we will see I didnt spend a lot of time on it tho. My party invite doesn't work either, I need to make sure all the names are correct. And last thing how do u deal with NPCs do u go to each screen to interract with them?
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:11 pm

zandokan wrote:Ok I tried this last night, minor thing I was not able to use the letter "V" in chat. Still not able to attack with all toons at the same time I go to the mobs go to my CW or Wiz and I press F1 and the CW casts his q but none else does anything, maybe Lax can help me we will see I didnt spend a lot of time on it tho. My party invite doesn't work either, I need to make sure all the names are correct. And last thing how do u deal with NPCs do u go to each screen to interract with them?

I'll look into the 'V' problem - it is prob how I have the key set up. I've never bothered to chat very much so I didn't notice it. Might have to ask Lax on this one. But it appears that you have to turn off key mapping when you want to chat since any mapped keys wont carry thru into chat (Ctrl+Shift+M).

As for the F1 not working, hmmm. Works fine here. Shift+F1 should be one at a time, not F1. Are you sure maybe you didn't change something there?

you are right, party invite does require for you to have the names exactly right - ie; Joe@Crabshack If you don't have them exactly as they should be it will give you an error saying it can't find them.

I deal with NPCs one of several ways. 1) you can move your mouse into the small window and sometimes quickly answer 1,2 or Shift+1 kinda things. 2) Type '[' or ']' to swap screens and quickly deal with them in full-screen. 3) Use Alt+Ctrl+1, 2, 3.. to swap screens just like in 2. Any of the 3 will work - but I usually use method #2.

One more thing to add.. I've noticed that, particularly in a high-traffic area like Protector's Enclave, that there will sometimes be 'key-lag'. If I perform party invite in a low-traffic area it works 100% of the time... but often in the middle of town, I have to press the keys 2x to get the same effect. Just so you know...
- Sylver
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 am

I've noticed that on my Local data folder I have the game.pref of all your 5 characters, maybe that whats messing me with not able to fire with all at once? And you know even how I got the names? ISboxer created them somehow?
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:27 am

What I have been doing as a work around is the trash in dungeons, I kill it with my healer and tank (kinda sucks but whatevs) and on the bosses I go to each toon target the mob and then /hardtargetlock 1 on it and all the Fs work that way.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:30 am

zandokan wrote:I've noticed that on my Local data folder I have the game.pref of all your 5 characters, maybe that whats messing me with not able to fire with all at once? And you know even how I got the names? ISboxer created them somehow?

Funny, I chose the options when exporting it to remove all character info, but yet you are right - when I look into the XML file I do see references to my prefs files for each of my test characters. But that really shouldn't affect the firing at all as it should be creating ones for your characters too, right? I am curious why the references to my prefs files are still in the XML tho. Another question for lax; although he hasn't answered any posts in this forum for a few days - I guess he's working hard on the new release...

As for the F1 problem, are you loading in another binds file at some point maybe? I went in last night and was able to do everything just as normal, and none of the other half-dozen of us has the same prob, so I'm scratching my head on this one. =/

As for the V, I confirmed it from other forums that you need to turn off the key mapping with Shift+Ctrl+M for chatting since any mapped keys are affected. I've actually got a workaround I'm toying with - don't know if it will work or not.

I'm going to wipe my laptop config this morning so I will try all of this out on a blank ISBoxer and Neverwinter to see if I can replicate your issues. I'm also going to make a 1280x768 version of the VFX for people because I get alot of requests for a lower resolution... I'll let you know what I find out.
- Sylver
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:10 pm

I love the little boxes for your minions on the same screen. I think you should upgrade it on the next build though. I think you should have them sitting on your shoulder, telling you right from wrong.
<<

zandokan

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Sylver wrote:
zandokan wrote:I've noticed that on my Local data folder I have the game.pref of all your 5 characters, maybe that whats messing me with not able to fire with all at once? And you know even how I got the names? ISboxer created them somehow?

Funny, I chose the options when exporting it to remove all character info, but yet you are right - when I look into the XML file I do see references to my prefs files for each of my test characters. But that really shouldn't affect the firing at all as it should be creating ones for your characters too, right? I am curious why the references to my prefs files are still in the XML tho. Another question for lax; although he hasn't answered any posts in this forum for a few days - I guess he's working hard on the new release...

As for the F1 problem, are you loading in another binds file at some point maybe? I went in last night and was able to do everything just as normal, and none of the other half-dozen of us has the same prob, so I'm scratching my head on this one. =/

As for the V, I confirmed it from other forums that you need to turn off the key mapping with Shift+Ctrl+M for chatting since any mapped keys are affected. I've actually got a workaround I'm toying with - don't know if it will work or not.

I'm going to wipe my laptop config this morning so I will try all of this out on a blank ISBoxer and Neverwinter to see if I can replicate your issues. I'm also going to make a 1280x768 version of the VFX for people because I get alot of requests for a lower resolution... I'll let you know what I find out.

No, I only have the one bind.txt and is the same as I posted it before which you said it was fine. I just dont understand how they target the mob, if they dont assist or anything do they pick the closest target or something, maybe I have the /hardtargetlock wrong idk but what I do know is that every single slave is trying to attack me (Slot 1) and they get the error that I cant be the target of the spell. Thats why on bosses I have to go to each one of them and target the boss my self. But now I'm trying to do skirmish and yeah with 2 ppl only I cant even do the trash pretty frustrating :(.
<<

Sylver

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Bishopwrath wrote:I love the little boxes for your minions on the same screen. I think you should upgrade it on the next build though. I think you should have them sitting on your shoulder, telling you right from wrong.

Lol :lol: I'll take that into consideration!
- Sylver
PreviousNext

Return to Neverwinter