FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Saved Variables?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bishopwrath

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:08 am

Saved Variables?

Anyone know how to get the game to remember variables? I know it doesn't do full macros, but I heard something about aliases and Cryptic macros. It would be nice to join a dungeon as a healer and set the tank's name as a saved variable and hook it to a targetlock keybind for healing. It would really take things to the next level.
<<

Sylver

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Saved Variables?

I did some research and couldn't find anything anywhere... I even looked thru all the Star Trek Online stuff with no results. :cry:

If I do ever find anything, I'll be sure to post it here for you.
- Sylver
<<

Bishopwrath

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.
<<

Maeledict

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 am

This is a rather late response to this thread, but I just started looking into multi-boxing Neverwinter...

The following is copied from http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=81117, an old Champions Online post about key bind commands, which should be similar to NW's.

The Alias Command
The alias command is for creating your own commands/functions. The command to create one is:

/alias <command name> "<command1>[<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
/alias helloWorld "yell Hello World!"
Then, type /helloWorld

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello World!"

Using {}
(Thanks to: Amasilver for helping with this section.)
When creating an alias, you may use {} which has a special function. This is treated as a marker of where to insert a string that will be passed to your alias.

Example
/alias helloWorld "yell {}"
(Now our alias helloWorld takes 1 string argument.)
Then, type /helloWorld Hello Everybody!

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello Everybody!"

Now, if you include multiple {} in your alias, EACH one will be replaced by the string you pass to your alias. Also, the string replacement gets interpretted BEFORE your alias is run, which opens up possibilities for more complex usage. Now for a slightly more complex example.

Example
/alias move "+{} $$ playersay Going {}!"
/bind N move left

Result: When you press N, your character will move to the left and say "Going left!"

The NW servers are currently down, so unfortunately I can't test this. Hopefully it works (and helps).
<<

Sylver

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 am

To add to this discussion, one will need a way to inject those commands into NeverWinter. Luckily, I came up with a method for NeverBoxer .9a with emotes that you could use to push your alias commands out to the client(s).

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4305

If what Maeledict is proposing works, then you should be able to combine both and make Neverwinter do what you need (without creating binds for everything).

Excited to see what comes out of this. ;)
- Sylver
<<

Maeledict

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 am

Servers are back up and I did a quick test.

There is indeed a /alias command, and it appears to work as it did in Champions Online. My quick and dirty test was:

/alias FPS "showFPS 1"
/bind F11 FPS

It worked immediately, and then to clear the alias I entered:

/alias FPS ""

I haven't tested using the alias command in a key binds text file, though.

Return to Neverwinter