FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to isboxer - Some windows in eve not the same size

Moderator: MiRai

<<

flyersa

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:48 am

New to isboxer - Some windows in eve not the same size

Hi all,

i have some strange problem with isboxer and eve.

i recently started 10 new accounts and started to setup isboxer with them. It worked out good, but i have some strange issue that prevent me from using my little boxer army.

Somehow 2 and sometimes 3 of the accounts do something different. As example if i sort the overview by name and then warp to a gate. 7 accounts turn up on the gate, and the other
ones are somewhere completly else, or jumped to a complete other system.

I noticed that this because on some clients the windows are just a few pixels not the same.

Then i ran the complete thing again:

- copied that .dat files from the settings folder to have exactly the same setup on all clients
- restored default settings on all clients

and so on. I just cant get it to work, some damn windows on a few clients are always not right. I checked the resolutions in all clients, its all the same. Then i also switched off my window composition, removing quick switch and working only with videoFX, but thats also no so easy with 10 clients.

Anyone got a tip for me on how i can make sure that the damn dimensions on windows in eve are all the same across all clients? Or anyone noticed that problem with a few clients too? It seems sometimes its just 2-3px off, but that is already fatal because that could be another icon in the overview, not to mention the right click menus. And yes i also raised font size to check this.

Next thing is that came to my mind.. "well if 7 work then just start 7 accounts"... but here i have the same problem, some damn accounts (always different ones) just dont scale up correct.

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my problem.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 am

Re: New to isboxer - Some windows in eve not the same size

Did you check the in-game video settings? A different windowed mode setting might break this, for example
<<

flyersa

Post Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 am

yes it is exactly the same on all clients, i double checked everything. That is so annoying :(
<<

Seditiar

Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Are you 100% sure all your clients are sorting the stargates the same? For example: a few accounts might be sorting stargates by distance, while others are sorting them by name.

Edit: At general settings, is the "Window snap setting" the same on all clients as well? Your windows might be clicking together at different distances, and thus making some windows slightly larger.
<<

flyersa

Post Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 am

yes, i can also see the issue if i drag one of the missbehaving clients to my second monitor. If i enable broadcasting i see that one window is just a few pixels off, that is causing the missclicks. And if the resolution is the same on all clients and window mode too, then using the restore default settings button within eve should align them all exactly the same accross the clients, however thats stil not the case for some.

Will try to ilustrate this in a video then i can explain it better.
<<

Seditiar

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:36 am

flyersa wrote:yes, i can also see the issue if i drag one of the missbehaving clients to my second monitor. If i enable broadcasting i see that one window is just a few pixels off, that is causing the missclicks. And if the resolution is the same on all clients and window mode too, then using the restore default settings button within eve should align them all exactly the same accross the clients, however thats stil not the case for some.

Will try to ilustrate this in a video then i can explain it better.

I know what you mean. I've got the same problem just yesterday: I multiboxed creating throwaway pilots to redeem Gnosis' on inactive accounts. 5-6 out of 10 clients would correctly spam random letters in the name field, others wouldn't because my cursor had just missed the field in that window.

I still have no idea how to fix it though.
<<

flyersa

Post Fri May 24, 2013 5:12 am

yeah, it especially strange that that happens also if i copy the .dat configuration files from one char to the other 9. So ALL damn settings are exactly the same when launching because they are copied. But stil the issue remains. Freaks me out, hopefully i get it fixed somehow, will try again today :(

Return to EVE Online