FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need Some Help From Experienced Isboxer Users

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skunkjuice090

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 am

Need Some Help From Experienced Isboxer Users

I literally just bought ISBoxer a few hours ago, got the Wizard set up. I'm trying to follow this guide ->

Step 1: Key Maps
Step 2: Always On
Step 3: Right-click "Activate Repeat" and press "Make Copy" - rename it
Step 4: Click on the newly made copy of repeat.
Step 5: Under Steps, click on the first one
Step 6: In the lower-right box, under "New Repeater Target", choose the character you would like to control from your main screen.
Step 7: Check "Block buttons from originating window"
Repeat Steps 3-7 for each character you want to control.

The guide really makes zero fucking sense to me. What am I doing in each step? Can someone please explain this to me like I'm 5. Thank you.

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 am

Re: Need Some Help From Experienced Isboxer Users

I'll go ahead and recommend trying out the ISBoxer 41 Beta. http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Beta

The new Quick Setup Wizard in ISBoxer 41, when you pick Path of Exile, sets up some Hotkeys for you (called "Hold to Control Slot __") just like the ones you are trying to set up following those instructions. All you'd have to do is install the Beta, clear your profile (File, Clear) and run the Quick Setup Wizard.

But... here's my revised list of steps based on what you've posted:
1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select Always On (I guess this is 2 steps in the guide you're copying)
2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, right click "Activate Repeat" and select "Make copy" from the menu
3. Right click your new Mapped Key which is called "Copy of Activate Repeat" and select Rename. To match the screenshot you'd name it "Activate Repeat 1"
4. Expand your "Activate Repeat 1" so under it you see Steps, 1 and 2
5. In the bottom right pane, you can set the Hotkey for this, change it so it's not the same as Activate Repeat
6. Click on the 1 under Steps
7. In the bottom right pane, under "New Repeater Target", choose the character you would like to control from your main screen (e.g. "Character: MyGuy" or "Character Slot:1 (MyGuy)")
8. Check "Block buttons from originating window" -- this is what makes it so it wont control the current window, just the other one at the time
9. RINSE AND REPEAT, FOR EACH WINDOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTROL FROM THE MAIN, WITH A DIFFERENT HOTKEY
<<

Skunkjuice090

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:06 pm

lax wrote:I'll go ahead and recommend trying out the ISBoxer 41 Beta. http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Beta

The new Quick Setup Wizard in ISBoxer 41, when you pick Path of Exile, sets up some Hotkeys for you (called "Hold to Control Slot __") just like the ones you are trying to set up following those instructions. All you'd have to do is install the Beta, clear your profile (File, Clear) and run the Quick Setup Wizard.

But... here's my revised list of steps based on what you've posted:
1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select Always On (I guess this is 2 steps in the guide you're copying)
2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, right click "Activate Repeat" and select "Make copy" from the menu
3. Right click your new Mapped Key which is called "Copy of Activate Repeat" and select Rename. To match the screenshot you'd name it "Activate Repeat 1"
4. Expand your "Activate Repeat 1" so under it you see Steps, 1 and 2
5. In the bottom right pane, you can set the Hotkey for this, change it so it's not the same as Activate Repeat
6. Click on the 1 under Steps
7. In the bottom right pane, under "New Repeater Target", choose the character you would like to control from your main screen (e.g. "Character: MyGuy" or "Character Slot:1 (MyGuy)")
8. Check "Block buttons from originating window" -- this is what makes it so it wont control the current window, just the other one at the time
9. RINSE AND REPEAT, FOR EACH WINDOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTROL FROM THE MAIN, WITH A DIFFERENT HOTKEY

Thanks. I took your advice and signed up for the beta group. Looking forward to trying it out.

That said. I legit don't have a grasp on where this "Always On" is located... where am I selecting "Always On" from? I see Key Maps I can click on it doesn't do anything, I can right click and do "New Key Map" and then make one called Always On, but that doesn't really seem correct... so I make a new Key Map called Always On and go to the bottom left pane but there is no "Activate Repeat" unless again I make a new mapped key called Activate Repeat. This is very frustrating =(

I want to learn how to use this software, but I'm really not understanding these first few steps. I was able to successfully use AutoHotKey forever but ISBoxer is making me feel really stupid right now. ha ha.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Click the + next to Key Maps so the tree expands like in the picture you posted.
<<

Skunkjuice090

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Alge wrote:Click the + next to Key Maps so the tree expands like in the picture you posted.

:shock:

Dear Lord, it never occurred to me that the person who posted the guide I quoted was using the beta 41 build and thus those Key Maps were already under the Key Maps menu. You have no idea how long I was struggling to find some sort of "Always On" toggle or option box to check.

My head has exploded.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Skunkjuice090 wrote:
Alge wrote:Click the + next to Key Maps so the tree expands like in the picture you posted.

Dear Lord, it never occurred to me that the person who posted the guide I quoted was using the beta 41 build and thus those Key Maps were already under the Key Maps menu. You have no idea how long I was struggling to find some sort of "Always On" toggle or option box to check.

My head has exploded.

Always On is a default Key Map that is, and always has been, created by the Quick Setup Wizard (not specific to the 41 beta).
<<

Skunkjuice090

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:38 pm

MiRai wrote:
Skunkjuice090 wrote:

My head has exploded.

Always On is a default Key Map that is, and always has been, created by the Quick Setup Wizard (not specific to the 41 beta).

Ah, alright. Yeah I ran the Wizard, I see it now. Thank you.

It's insane how much more there is to ISBoxer compared to what I was doing with AutoHotkey. I've been out of the loop for quite a long time its just a lot to take in all at once!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:20 pm

MiRai has done a video overview of ISBoxer's User Interface. You may find it helpful.
<<

Skunkjuice090

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Alge wrote:MiRai has done a video overview of ISBoxer's User Interface. You may find it helpful.

Yeah, I'll be sure to check that out. Thanks for the info.

Return to Path of Exile