FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First Time ISBoxer Setup for POE

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ineedajob

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:39 pm

First Time ISBoxer Setup for POE

So after solving a few issues and finally figuring out how to run ISBoxer properly I felt like sharing some tips and a quick tutorial on what ive been doing. I will also explain some tricks for in game to make it easier to multibox path of exile.

Setting Up ISBoxer Using the Wizard

1). First off, you need to add Path of exile as a game by right clicking the innerspace icon in the bottom right hand corner and then clicking "Add Game" . You then want to run the Quick Setup Wizard found under the Wizards tab in ISBoxer. Simply follow the steps in the screenshots below.
2).
3).
4).
5).
6).
7).

Setting Up The Key Maps
I use two key maps that both act as broadcasting togglers but the difference between the two is that one functions as an on/off switch while the other is an off toggle. The reason for the off toggle is so that you can have you main character move to pickup the loot without moving other characters at the same time. I currently have that hotkey as tab so that if I see something that needs to be picked up I hit tab, grab it, then resync all of my characters and release tab. (To open minimap hit Shift+Tab). My other hotkey is "Z" for the on/off switch of the repeater. If youd like to permanently turn off broadcasting without having to hold down your off toggle hotkey for forever you double tab your on/off key twice. (First for on then the second time for off).

Below are the Steps I take in Creating my Key Maps

1). First right click onto key maps tab in ISBoxer and name your new key map group anything. (Mine is named "Mouse/Keyboard")

2).Under the Wizards tab in ISBoxer click Mapped Key Wizard.

3).
4). Follow steps 2 and 3 until you reach this screen twice to create the two key maps described above.

5).After creating the two key maps the last step is to go to your character group and then drag and drop the key map group into the character set. Once done it will show those key maps as being apart of the character group as shown below.

6). Final step is to launch. If it does not work the first time try it a few more times and if it still doesnt work have a look at your path of exile "client.exe" path when you added the game to innerspace.

Tips/Techniques In Game
1). Make sure that all of your in game video settings matches those in other windows. (Having different window options in each screen will cause issues, fullscreen works best for windows that aren't the same size)
2). Controlling more than 2 characters is much more difficult as it adds in another element to collapsing the characters onto each other for precise movement/aim.
3). Gear adds a movement speed decrease which will be different for every character. (Use the characters with the fastest movement speed as the leader)
4). Hold shift and aim your attacks, do not click.
5). When teleporting through zones, stack up your characters on the portal and then click.
6). Take things slow, your getting twice the loot for less than half the speed.
*7). Make sure all character have the same movement decrease or increase. (The leader of the group should have 5-10% more movement speed than the rest because of the small delay in turning.)

Viable Builds
Attacking accurately with more than two characters is going to be nearly impossible which is why I do not multibox melee. Below is a list of builds that I have found to be the easiest to multibox with.

Viable Multibox Builds:
Any Dual Totem Build with Curse (By far the easiest end game and to multibox, early game is slow as spell totem is a level 20+ spell)
Any mass summoning build with curse (Definatly slower than others but gets the job done and is really easy to multibox)
Any Ranged Attacking Build involving LMP/GMP (Ive been multiboxing a ranger with lightning arrow and lmp lately and it has been farely easy to hit since the spread is so large. However, its not strong or accurate enough with more than 2 characters)

If you have any Questions/Comments feel free to post but the best way to contact me is through private message. Thanks.

ISBoxer Configuration :
http://www.privatepaste.com/85e05c65ec
Last edited by ineedajob on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

delima1990

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: First Time ISBoxer Setup for POE

Okay, so I finally got the ISBoxer to work with Path of Exile, great..

I notice a few things. First, I saw one of the help tip video ( http://isboxer.com/wiki/Key_Maps ) and notice theres two ways of going back Key Mapping?
1. One being the wizard?
2. Manually going through key by key?

Anyways, I used your techinque and a few issues I came about where.

1. Characters hardly stuck together ( even with small movements ) Any enviroment would throw the character off.
2. Really didn't understand the " Tab / Z " Key Mapping. I understood the one is suppose to turn them off to help resync, and the other to perform actions but just never seem to work the way I wanted to.
3. I didn't understand the use of Tab or Z considering they are both key binds already used in POE ( but thats besides the point ). ( I obviously changed them to my standard but maybe question your decision making )
4. Couldnt get my Left Mouse Click to work while holding it down ( had to click everywhere ) ( is this something manually mapping could fix? )

Overall experience sucked. Would difently not spend money after 2 hours of suffering. It was really neat when everything did come together but it would take quite a bit of time to work out the kinks; or someone on skype going step by step.

So does multiboxing just suck?

Or should I try manually mapping my keys?

Isboxer it's self is very confusing as a new user, and I wished it was more cut dry.
<<

Tojarg

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:33 am

Thats great thanks everything works fine.
I would like to chance something but i cant, i dont want to swapp everytime but there is no option for the same dispalys withought swapp.only whole screen or that all same size windows.but i want 1 big and 5 small windows(like you did)

Thanks

if its not possible i would take the Fullscreen version but than i need a key for swapping between windows(could not find it :() if i swap like in your version it takes to long(4-6 sec till he turns to the other char) its to long.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 pm

<<

Tojarg

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Thank you

How to configure a Hotkey to rotate between windows
In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select "Always On" (or "Control" if playing WoW)
In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, select "Next window"
In the bottom right pane, at the top, is a Hotkey option. Click the < and configure your desired Hotkey
Export to Inner Space

Does "Select" mean i should create the key Always on?because i dont have "Always On" under Key maps.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:22 pm

That Key Map is created by the Quick Setup Wizard. You really should run it.
<<

Tojarg

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm

hmm i did, if you mean that one where i put a game in the setup(PoE). i will do it again than

I did it again and there is no Always on

in the end you can hook 2 lines, i didnt because of the guide how to run PoE multi. now i did and the always on is there :D
It works Thank you.now i need to know how to disable window swapp :D i want 1 big screen and 5 small but if i take it in the option there is only with swap (the 6 withought swapp are all small but i need 1 big screen) it takes like 3-8 sec to swap and thats to long :( and if you want to ask why i ask that, i play 1 multiacc dual totem 5 witches and 1 6 acc farm thats why i need 2 different setups :D
<<

aamenta

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks for the great tutorial on how to setup the boxer however you might want to change the Z and Tab to other commands because Z is for showing loot on the ground and Tab is for showing the map.
My first time through the ISBoxer i was using melee marauders. I got to level 3 and I nearly gave up.
Decided to go with rangers or totem builds.. Just trying to decide what builds to choose.

If you can suggest a good Dual Totem build, please reply to me with a link.

Thank you,

Anthony

Return to Path of Exile