FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Multibox PlanetSide 2 on one PC!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

HOWTO: Multibox PlanetSide 2 on one PC!

More info in our wiki on the PlanetSide 2 page.

PlanetSide 2 support requires Inner Space build 5744 or later, and ISBoxer 40.5.1130.1 or later.
  • Inner Space build 5747 is currently the live build of Inner Space. If you have managed to not yet have this build, you should be able to simply restart Inner Space to allow it to patch up to date.
  • To update ISBoxer to the correct version, go to the Help menu in ISBoxer and select About ISBoxer Toolkit. Here it shows your current version, and will provide a download link if there is an update.

Other than that, I am unaware of anything really special to report. Just make sure you're on the right versions, and it should work!

So here's how to get started:
1. Update ISBoxer and Inner Space as explained above. This is important!
2. Have PlanetSide 2 installed.
3. In Inner Space, if PlanetSide 2 is not auto-detected and listed in the game list above "Add Game", then use Add Game to point Inner Space at the LaunchPad.exe in your PS2 folder.
4. In ISBoxer, use the Quick Setup Wizard. Make sure to pick PlanetSide 2 from the first drop-down box instead of "Other" so that PS2-specific settings can get applied!
5. After completing the Quick Setup Wizard, Export to Inner Space to activate the new configuration
6. After Exporting to Inner Space, Launch your new Character Set (team).

If the second launcher says the game is already playing, and you would describe the launching process as "I launched my second instance", then you need to go back to #6 above because both instances will be launched for you when you launch your team with ISBoxer.
<<

delifresh

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Re: HOWTO: Multibox PlanetSide 2 on one PC!

I cant get this to work. I log in with my accounts but theres a greyed out Installing button like I'm installing a patch instead of the play button in the launcher whenever I try to launch a second instance of PS2.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:14 pm

delifresh wrote:I cant get this to work. I log in with my accounts but theres a greyed out Installing button like I'm installing a patch instead of the play button in the launcher whenever I try to launch a second instance of PS2.

If the second launcher says the game is already playing, and you would describe the launching process as "I launched my second instance", then you need to go back to #6 above because both instances will be launched for you when you launch your team with ISBoxer.
<<

delifresh

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I've done all the steps precisely but when I try to launch my 2 character team it only launches 1 instance. I do it individually, I still get that "installing" button.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Start a new thread here in the Other game forum so I don't get tons of different support requests on this HOWTO thread :)
and show me your configuration: HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support

Return to Other