FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow and Assist from any window in EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lostsk8r

Post Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Follow and Assist from any window in EQ

Well that would be great! I like having multiple computers just so I can have my healer up on main screen on one computer, and tank on the other.. plus less stress on my computer.

For now I've just decided that my tank will always lead my 6 box crew so I set all autofollow techniques to press ctrl+f1 for my macro /follow fatkid. As for assisting, I've built those into my target action group's macros, where assist is always my main tank. I've setup some assist healing macros too, so I target a group member from my tank and my shaman or cleric will heal that target. Although it would be nice to figure out some smoother system for getting my heals to other group members.

If you get that working though I'd be happy to mess around with it so I could be more flexible. I mean even if there was a way to just define my 2nd character set as slots 4-6 I think that'd be fine. I'm surprised I'm the first one to bring this up, it seems with all the global settings that it would make sense to have this. Although a lot of my guild mates seem to 6 box on one computer and didnt know how to help me out either.
<<

Pierces

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:08 am

I got them running fine after the video for my 3 and 4 boxing, but I also use mercenaries once in awhile. That change the order seemingly inconsistently, which makes even variable keystroke challenging.... any thoughts about how to adjust?

Thanks
<<

Kresharth

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 pm

I run a 6-box in EQ and use the following approach for any-window follow and assist. I'll describe it below in 3 stages: Assist, Follow, Set.

ASSIST

1. Create 6 keymaps for assist named "assist char 1" to "assist char 6"
- each keymap has ONE Step, each step has ONE Action
- the action has the following keys sent to "Group: others in current team": /assist[space]char1[enter] where "char1" is the name of your character. it looks like this:
/
t
a
r
g
e
t
SPACE
c
h
a
r
ENTER

I also like to add a final line in the action which is a popup saying "now assisting char x"

2. Create a 7th keymap called "Assist holder"
- this keymap is blank

FOLLOW

1. Create 6 keymaps for Follow named "Follow char 1" to "Follow char 6"
- each keymap has TWO steps
- step 1 has ONE action. The action has the following keys sent to "Group: others in current team": /target[space]char1[enter] where "char1" is the name of your character.
- step 2 has ONE action. The action has the following keys sent to "Group: others in current team": /follow1[enter] where "char1" is the name of your character.
I add a popup saying "following char x" to the second action

NOTE: I use 2 steps here to allow EQ time to get the target lock on the character - I could do it all in one but found I kept having to click the button multiple times anyway

2. Create a 7th keymap called "Follow holder"
- this keymap is blank

SET

here I use the functions that allow substitution of one keymap for another.

1. Create 6 keymaps called "Set char 1" to "Set char 6"
- each keymap has ONE Step and this step has TWO actions
- Action 1 is "When performing Assist holder, do Assist char x instead"
- Action 2 is "When performing Follow holder, do Follow char x instead"

2. Go to your character set, and in each character slot use the function "when I swap to this character, do this mapped key"
- for Char 1, assign the "Set char 1" keymap
- for Char 2 assign the "Set char 2" keymap etc

Now bind your "Follow holder" and "Assist holder" keymaps. I use a clickbar with two buttons that appears in all windows
When you swap to the character, the appropriate follow and assist keymaps are activated, and the clickbar (or keybind) will fire the correct keymap

Just remember that you need to hit the Follow button/keybind twice, and leave a small pause between the hits to allow EQ to acquire target.

This takes some time to set up and only activates when the character is loaded, so if you drop team members (as I sometimes do), it works for those remaining.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Pierces wrote:I got them running fine after the video for my 3 and 4 boxing, but I also use mercenaries once in awhile. That change the order seemingly inconsistently, which makes even variable keystroke challenging.... any thoughts about how to adjust?
Thanks

When popping a merc, disband your group entirely and re-invite your boxes from scratch. This will put your mercenaries in a predicable spot in every boxes group window. Once the group re-forms, the mercenary will appear in the second, F2 slot of the owner, and the slot immediately after the owner in each boxes window. If the owner is in F2, the merc will appear in F3. If the owner is in F4, the merc will appear in F5.

Without disbanding, it is possible for the merc to appear in any previous vacated group slot on the boxes screen. Regardless of disbanding, the merc always appears in the F2 slot of it's owner's screen.
<<

Kresharth

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Use my method and it doesn't matter if you pop mercs, rearrange slot orders, use the whole group or drop members at random...

:)
<<

trustandfall

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm

I've managed to setup the Variable Keystrokes correctly, I'm fairly sure.

I've made a /follow Tankname and /assist Tankname on all my slave slots. They are bound to Shift+1, and Shift+2 in both the game, and variable keystrokes. My tank's slot doesn't have anything in Shift+1 or Shift+2.

When I press Shift+1 or Shift+2 while on the master screen, nothing happens. Do I not have variable keystrokes turned on or something? Do I need to restart all my everquest windows to get this working?

Edit: Very, very new to this. Just set up ISBoxer. I have broadcasting off, keymaps on.

Edit 2: I finally got this working.. but I did it by mapping Shift+1 to follow on "Key Maps --> Non-Combat--> Assist me, Variable Key Strokes --> Assist Target --> AND by setting it for each character slot..

I don't know which one of these, or if all of them, made it work. I'm sure there's an easier way to do it..
<<

lupicat

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:47 pm

I get follow to work for my duo, but it only does it after I click same command button twice.

Here's setup for my duo:

Macros in EQ:
/tar <charname> bound to Ctrl-F2 for each char, where <charname> is other char
/fol bound to Ctrl-F9 for each

ISboxer setup, all global, no team/slot variation:
Variable keys Target slot 1 and Target slot 2 all set to Ctrl-F2
Variable key Follow Target set to Ctrl-F9
Follow me Key map/non-combat set to mouse5

When I click it once, other char targets me. When I click it 2nd time, it starts to follow. I tried checking "...for at least 5 sec" after each step in ISboxer command sequence for Follow Me, but there is no delay in game, as the delay is ignored by IS.

Any help?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 pm

lupicat wrote:I get follow to work for my duo, but it only does it after I click same command button twice . . .

That is correction functionality. You are giving two commands: 1) Target, 2) Follow, therefore the Mapped Key requires two clicks. Even if you turn on Hold: Execute a step on Press and Release, 99% of the time you're still going to have to press it twice due to latency.

The only option is to move /target and /follow out of ISBoxer to the EQ client and combine the two commands in the characters' socials:

A) Using /xtarget slots:
Page3Button9Name=Follow
Page3Button9Color=0
Page3Button9Line1=/stand
Page3Button9Line2=/xtarget 3
Page3Button9Line3=/follow

B) Using /target <name>:
Page3Button9Name=Follow
Page3Button9Color=0
Page3Button9Line1=/stand
Page3Button9Line2=/pause 6, /target <Name>
Page3Button9Line3=/follow
<<

Zlatta

Post Thu May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

I tried watching the video and following the actions....but i must be doing something wrong.

I have added the variable keystrokes for each slot in my set, added variable keystrokes to the global section for both follow and assist - but it does not work in game?

I have added the configuration, hope someone can help :)

LINK TO CONFIG
Last edited by Zlatta on Fri May 17, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Zlatta

Post Tue May 07, 2013 2:50 am

Bump - anyone??
PreviousNext

Return to EverQuest