FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shortcut command for Character Slot?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

legendarygizmo

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Shortcut command for Character Slot?

I know there's a command for a desktop shortcut to a character set, but I can't seem to find how to create a shortcut to a specific character slot to the desktop. I need the full command path for a specific character slot to be able to load for me on desktop. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Shortcut command for Character Slot?

After talking to you in IRC I worked out how to do this :) I have tested it and confirmed it works.

1. Using ISBoxer, Create a shortcut on your desktop as you would for launching a Character Set (right-click the Character Set in ISBoxer).
2. Right-click that shortcut, choose Properties and go to the Shortcut tab.
3. In the Target edit box, replace
Code:
-launch "Name of Character Set"
with
Code:
-launchslot "Name of Character Set" 1

Note: this will launch Slot 1 of that character set. If you wish to launch another Slot, change the number appropriately.
Last edited by Alge on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

legendarygizmo

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:59 am

Wow, thank you very much. I'm not sure why this isn't on their wiki/guide (or maybe it is but i searched for hours ><). This is very useful =) thanks again <3 <3 <3 :D
<<

Alge

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:37 am

AFAIK you are the first person ever to ask about this.
<<

brammator

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 am

If only there was no UAC warning :-(
<<

Alge

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 am

If clicking that one button matters to you that much, turn off UAC. ISBoxer/Inner Space must be run as Administrator to do what they do.
<<

brammator

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Clicking that one button, no. Having 10 game windows reset and redraw after 'UAC screen dimming' is. Yeah, IS/ISBoxer must be Admin-runned, I'm sure. But what about game itself? Running it as Admin leads to Admin-written game files, so when I run game as regular user, it can't rewrite some files sometime. Not real nuisance, but anyway.

What about another process that signals already launched I.S. process to run one of slots?

I know, it's niche feature, so don't take my words as "I WANT IT AND YOU MUST" or "I BEG YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE". No intention to be like that, just feedback and thoughts.
<<

Alge

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm

There is a way to remove the screen dimming. I know some people aren't going to like it but I present it here anyway. This is how I avoid screen dimming.

Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings. Then move the slider one rung below the default position.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 am

Inner Space build 5650 (currently the development build of Inner Space) adds "support for a supplemental non-Administrator program to pass commands to Inner Space".

The program is here: http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/IS-Command.exe (7kb download)

Put this anywhere (e.g. in the Inner Space folder is fine), replace "innerspace.exe" in your command-line with "is-command.exe" (this program), make sure Inner Space is already running when you try to use this, and you should be good to go.

So if you want these shortcuts WITHOUT the UAC popup, and the above doesn't tell you everything you needed, here's the step-by-step:
1. Update Inner Space to build 5650. This is currently the development build. Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.
2. Download IS-Command.exe (7kb download) and put it in your Inner Space folder
3. Change your desktop shortcuts or whatever you have, so that instead of InnerSpace.exe, it runs IS-Command.exe instead. Everything else about your shortcut should be exactly the same
<<

Alge

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks Lax. That will make swapping Character Sets smoother.
Next

Return to General