FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Looking for Some ScreenView Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jrkilroy

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 am

Looking for Some ScreenView Help

Last night I managed to get my 5 man team logged in for the first time. Things went well and IS boxer is a whole lot easier than the hack I was using when I was dual boxing!

The only real problem I had was with view changing. It made it difficult to do quest turn-ins, loot and in some cases meant my healer with the cockeyed view would get left behind.

Is there an easy, or at least straight forward was to configure/and or reset camera/screen view using IS Boxer? I tried playing the setscreenView command but w/o much luck.

Any help is appreciated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Looking for Some ScreenView Help

You can create a macro and bind it to some key that you won't normally and broadcast it to whichever windows you'd like.
Code:
/script SetView(4);SetView(4)

By putting the SetView command in there twice it will change the camera instantly. I even have something similar on my window swap key so that when I swap to another window all my slave windows have identical camera angles. I believe the built in SetView uses values 1 through 5. You can also create your own camera angle and save it to one of those values. I have no toyed around with that because Setview(4) does what I need it to do.
<<

jrkilroy

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Thank you MiRai. I feel like a moron. I think part of the trouble I was having last night was that the macro guide I was using didn't include the brackets, so it would have read '/script SetView 4' as the syntax.

Thank you!
<<

redomegared

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:56 am

hey, there is no other cure for this? Annoys the hell out of me that one screen always drifts off
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:00 am

redomegared wrote:hey, there is no other cure for this? Annoys the hell out of me that one screen always drifts off

If your screen is drifting off then your Camera Following Style is probably set to never adjust.
<<

redomegared

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:45 am

yeah it was...put it on always adjust...just to see how it goes...i dont like playing with that by the way, thanks :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:39 am

redomegared wrote:yeah it was...put it on always adjust...just to see how it goes...i dont like playing with that by the way, thanks :)

You can adjust that with the console variable cameraSmoothStyle.
<<

redomegared

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:23 pm

thanks a lot, you rock...love your vids :)

Return to World of Warcraft