FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with using external monitor with laptop

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 am

Problem with using external monitor with laptop

As typical, all my problems started with the Windows 10 update last month. Thank you for fixing the negative color issue.

I have to log in all my accounts on my laptop with the external monitor detached. When I plug it back in, and try to use it, the screen does not refresh. The focus account does not fill the focused window area. And the window will not accept any input.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Re: Problem with using external monitor with laptop

Gorthu wrote:I have to log in all my accounts on my laptop with the external monitor detached.
Why?

Gorthu wrote:When I plug it back in, and try to use it, the screen does not refresh. The focus account does not fill the focused window area. And the window will not accept any input.
You are changing the state of the machine, and normally Windows would move things around and flicker and jiggle as it works out where stuff should go, but in the meantime, ISBoxer is not setup nor designed to respond to the underlying OS state updates.

Simply, InnerSpace/ISBoxer is not setup to handle you doing this, so it comes back to the first question of Why and can we resolve that.
<<

Gorthu

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:34 am

Re: Problem with using external monitor with laptop

In searching for the answer to your question, Why? I redid my XML file. It seems to be working now. I did notice that I had a "new monitor" identified in the options to choose from and I used it, \\.\DISPLAY4.

EDIT:

Maybe I spoke too soon. I just tried to log back in and it crashed between logging in and char selection. Also, it treated my log in as first time. I don't know if the issues are related or separate. But the userpreferences are not being saved.

Edit2:

I was unable to repeat this failure. It is logging in now. I will start new thread on the userpreferences not saving.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online