FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Screen being reset to shades of blue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Screen being reset to shades of blue

I use IS to play two different games. I only have this issue with LotRO and I only have it when I use IS to start up the game. It just started today. Two things happened today: 1) MicroSoft forced me to update my Windows 10. I also updated my NVIDIA drivers.

LotRO starts up fine when I don't use IS. When I do use IS, after I click the play button my screen is reset to various shades of blue. Once it gets to the character selection screen, it resets the screen back to normal. Not so bad, annoying but liveable. The problem occurs when I exit LotRO. The screen is then reset back to that all blue shading and I have to restart to get the screen back to normal.

Edit:

Three things, But I had the problem before the third one. I updated IS also hoping it would clear up the problem. It didn't.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Re: Screen being reset to shades of blue

Yes, this is a new issue with the recent Windows 10 update. Plans of action are being formulated.
<<

Gorthu

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Thank you Bob. Looking forward to the solution.
<<

kasmar45

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:09 am

I have the same problem. What the OP is saying is true, but it is not just shades of blue. Is is negative images.
<<

mattacm

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:36 pm

I don't suppose theres an update to this? It can sometimes take an hour and a bunch of reboots to get 6 sessions going as there's seemingly about a 15% chance for it to not reset back to normal once it gets to the character selection screen and only rebooting fixes it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm

mattacm wrote:I don't suppose theres an update to this? It can sometimes take an hour and a bunch of reboots to get 6 sessions going as there's seemingly about a 15% chance for it to not reset back to normal once it gets to the character selection screen and only rebooting fixes it.

Yes, update Inner Space to build 6551 (or later). From the Discord:

Lax wrote:Solution: Inner Space build 6551 (now the development build of Inner Space) blocks LOTRO from using SetDeviceGammaRamp to resolve the issue.

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed and click Install Now to actually install it.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online