FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help for a Newbie

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hara711

Post Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:59 pm

Help for a Newbie

I was wondering if someone may be able to assist a newbie? I would like to get a decent set up for LOTRO.

Here is what I am currently running with

Warden as my main using Autohotkey to assist with building gambits.
Captain
Champion
Hunter
Minstrel
Lore Master

I don’t need any click bars for my Warden as all is controlled via the 1 – 4 keys.

I would like to set up a click bar for each of my support characters so that I may control them from my main’s screen, heals for Mini, buffs for Cappy & Wizard, ranged & melee attacks for Hunter & Champ etc.

Also is it possible to have a click bar that would call for my Champion & Cappy to move in on a target to melee attack once my main has aggro?

Also is it possible to set formations using ISBoxer and LOTRO.

As I am relatively new to this (1 week in) I am currently only using the basic settings for ISBoxer, being follow, assist and 1 click bar for control of the 1 – 9 keys. But I am eager to take this to the next level & am willing to learn if someone has patience out there.

Please let me know too if I am kidding myself or if the above is possible.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:50 am

Re: Help for a Newbie

So, setting up clickbars is reasonably straight forward, as most of the work is in the mapped keys that they execute.
For healing there are a couple of guides I wrote up because as someone who played LOTRO it is lacking in many areas where other games are not.

Simple -> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6553
Advanced -> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593

When I wrote these up, it was setup so you when through the first one, then the other, as the first one introduces a couple of concepts that you need to know how they work.

MiRai also has a video on Healing like a pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mizu6e6BEno, which takes the above and puts it a bit on steroids, and was where I was going with it. Really need to finish the series.
Anyway, you can take the healing setup and apply it to other scenarios. I specifically did Buffing and Off Healing in the Advanced Setup, but it could be anything really.

For your other questions:
Hara711 wrote:Also is it possible to have a click bar that would call for my Champion & Cappy to move in on a target to melee attack once my main has aggro?
Yes. In game, set the auto turn option on the characters. Stop away from the mob, and make sure follow is broke (everybody step back). Run in with your tank, get agro, then press a key so your Champ/Cappy does a "Use" (LOTRO's equivalent to WoW's Interact With Target). Fight!

Hara711 wrote:Also is it possible to set formations using ISBoxer and LOTRO.
Yep. In the same way as every game. Mostly it is set a hotkey on the Formations key maps.

Or display the Formations menu and click on it (the hotkey is a long one here, you might want to simplify it).

You might need to make sure that the Variable Keystrokes are configured.
These are the move forward/backward and strafe left/right in game binds.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online