FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lotro 64-bit client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

digideb

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:52 am

Lotro 64-bit client

As there is a new 64-bit client for Lotro, will there be an update for Isboxer?

I have tried to run it and there's an error while loading
C:\Program Files(x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings online\x64\lotrobrowserhelper.exe failed to load its required DLLs
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Re: Lotro 64-bit client

Yes, of course we will provide any updates necessary to support it. I'm updating my LOTRO now (Applying 6921 forward iterations ... you know the drill), and will fix any issues I come across.

In this case what you're reporting is different from what I'm hearing from someone else (who is not reporting this error). Can you get us Compatibility Diagnostics from a running instance of lotroclient64.exe? (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Compatibility_Diagnostics)

Edit: Also, were you using LOTRO's legacy client option before this update?
<<

Starrygirl

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:44 pm

I'm trying the new 64 bit client and love it with my main playing alone. Super high fps.

The problem I'm having is this:
Each of my characters has its own .ini file so I can save high graphics on my main and low graphics/mostly no sound on my others.
Lotro has added a new ini file when you select the 64 bit option. (UserPreferences64.ini) I tried copying this file and renaming it to each character and changing the name of the file in the appropriate place in ISBoxer (like I did originally). It will load with that file, but if I make changes to the character in game, it saves them to the UserPreferences64.ini instead, so all the characters have the same settings.

Is this something that will need to be adjusted in a build, or is it me? :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:50 pm

use the virtual file wizard, select Other, type in userpreferences64.ini, hit next, select all the characters you want to apply this to, hit finish.

if you have already got a virtual file for the UserPreferences64.ini, then yes, something will probably need to be amended in InnerSpace.
<<

Pathagarus

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:53 pm

Hey Bob

Would it matter if I am using the commond line launcher mentioned in this post?
viewtopic.php?p=31607#p31607

I can manually launch them in 64 fine but for whatever reason it still launches in 32 with the command line launcher.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:55 am

commandlinelauncher knows nothing of 64bit

at some point I'll update it. Just other higher priority demands have taken over.
<<

digideb

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:29 am

Hi Lax

Here is the compatibility diagnostics.

https://pastebin.com/Jc3ML6Gj

I have tried bob's suggestion of adding userpreferences64.ini to the virtual file wizard. This does generate individual UserPreferences64-<chars>.ini files.

I am running isboxer 42.5.1204.1
I was not running in Legacy mode.

I've tried a 3-man config and when the lotro login page comes up, I select the option for 64-bit client. It reloads the login and I then login.
I get the error while its loading, but it does continue to load and I can get the session up and running.
Each session generates the same error but then loads.

They do work mostly but Help does not work, nor does Lotro store (I guess dependant on lotrobrowserhelper.exe). They generate the same error and do not load the Help nor Store.

Regards
Debbie
<<

Starrygirl

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:57 pm

bob wrote:use the virtual file wizard, select Other, type in userpreferences64.ini, hit next, select all the characters you want to apply this to, hit finish.

if you have already got a virtual file for the UserPreferences64.ini, then yes, something will probably need to be amended in InnerSpace.

This worked perfectly! Thank you so much! I had forgotten about that wizard.

[Edit: I also have a black screen for help and store, same as Digideb. Everything else is working great so far. I was not using legacy option.]
<<

digideb

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 am

Also something else odd that I have noticed (and why I am continuing to play in 32 bit mode).

On a 3-man team, the 2nd character has no sound. Character 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 has no hardware shown in the lotro audio options.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:56 am

digideb wrote:Also something else odd that I have noticed (and why I am continuing to play in 32 bit mode).

On a 3-man team, the 2nd character has no sound. Character 1 and 3 are fine, but 2 has no hardware shown in the lotro audio options.

Most likely, you need to check the Windows Volume Mixer with it launched as described. If you had enabled ISBoxer's option to disable sound in the background, it used the Windows Volume Mixer to do so, and Windows remembered the muted window(s). It tracks them differently for your 32-bit client because it is a different executable. All you should have to do is un-mute the window.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online