FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO :still getting black screen after launch succeeded

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zoopsie

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:20 pm

LOTRO :still getting black screen after launch succeeded

So since my last post in october i have been very busy trying to play, but at this point it seems i encounter troubles that i can not even understand :

I am under win 10 pro last version, 1 computer playing 3 accounts (so far worked well since i joined Inner years ago)
Playing through a router no proxy, have forwarded the ports indicated by lotro on the router
Run in Admin mode for Lotro, Inner and Isboxer and excluded those from Norton and Windows firewall
Run the game normal mode in full window so ISboxer and adapt and create 1920x810 window
Computetoport on False as asked by Inner

- 15 tests with the version 6336
- made each time a basic wizard for 3 characters trying to avoid complications
- then i launch first through Inner the default profile : each time i can launch it successfully 2 times, then the trouble starts ... and the 3rd launch is each time negative and give me a black screen then nothing, no messages nothing)
- I reboot the computer, launch the game one time normaly without inner and quit
- then i launch inner and try the 3 accounts. 1st join usually fine, second black screen no message. The max try to log in with that 2nd account : 150 ...
- quite inner and 1st account and retry : now i can have luck and suddenly the game works fine and launch the 3 accounts, or i have to forget to play for the day.

If it succeeded i can play for how long i want without any trouble nore crash. I change characters, enter instances, no trouble.
End of the day i log off. The morning after : no way to log in. black screen for all and this usually for hours.

- 15 tests with version 6308
The same exacts test with some more luck. But the same problem happens each day, making me fear to log off ... but well i have to sleep lol

For all those tests i did :

- reinstalled the game totally each time 7 times on C:/programes files and 8 times on my dedicated SSD E:/
- installed multiples times on C or E Inner from fresh and recreated each time the same profile

I noticed though that i launch successfully a bit more times if i change the name path of the game in the game detection XML and configuration and suppress the part concerning Codemasters.
You still have Turbine as a folder name when the exact name of the complete installation is now : C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online, but each time i need to refresh the games, the correction is erased by Inner and immediatly after the game is over.

So i am as i said at a loss.
So i ran a diagnostic compatibility : https://pastebin.com/j9jxGC75
and i send you the pasbin of my profile https://pastebin.com/2Zsq1ENJ

I did also a trace compatibility but i do not know how to join the .dmp

If you could help me i would really enjoy. I just with to be able to log in to have the windows configured by inner (so better for my eyes) and at least the follow working, i dont even care if nothing else works, i would enjoy even the simple way to have it.

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Re: LOTRO :still getting black screen after launch succeeded

The first suggestion is going to be to try using the Dev build of InnerSpace.
To get this, when InnerSpace loads, and shows it's window, select the Download Development patches option, exit InnerSpace, and then reload it. When it loads, hit the Patch these Files button.
Let it patch, and try running your team.

ps., for the dmp files, there is an Upload Attachement tab below the editing window. It may be too big, in which case, email it to lax@lavishsoft.com, with some info as to why he's getting such presents.
<<

zoopsie

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 pm

bob wrote:The first suggestion is going to be to try using the Dev build of InnerSpace.
To get this, when InnerSpace loads, and shows it's window, select the Download Development patches option, exit InnerSpace, and then reload it. When it loads, hit the Patch these Files button.
Let it patch, and try running your team.

ps., for the dmp files, there is an Upload Attachement tab below the editing window. It may be too big, in which case, email it to lax@lavishsoft.com, with some info as to why he's getting such presents.

I will do this tomorrow morning, as it was the luck of the days, and i am right now on game with the 3 playing ..... no idea why but after 3 last attempts they suddenly all worked. As usual tomorrow morning it will be again the same no way but this evening i enjoy inner and the game :)
<<

zoopsie

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:09 am

Following your post, i am now using the Devs version build 6363

At first after the upgrade of the very old version i had, game would not work at all, and i decided to reboot the computer. It did the trick.

After the reboot, i deleted the profile i linked to you, and created a basic one with the new version to give me all the chances of success. After 3 attempts, the account 1 (L1) went through inner, 2 other attempts for the L2 through inner, 3 attemps for the L3, so my whole team was finally again on game.

I will check tomorrow morning, if i can log in as easily as now, or not all as usually since almost one month :(

Anyway thank you, i feel this is going finally to may be work better
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:50 am

OK.
It still shouldn't be that hard, so we'll have to get Lax to have another look at LOTRO compatibility. It was working perfectly on an earlier dev build, but the game has patched since then.
<<

zoopsie

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 am

bob wrote:OK.
It still shouldn't be that hard, so we'll have to get Lax to have another look at LOTRO compatibility. It was working perfectly on an earlier dev build, but the game has patched since then.

Unfortunatly this morning is bad again. I can not launch the game at all through Inner with the dev build 6363.

So i recreated a pastbin for the diagnostic compatibility in case there is something different from the old build i was using and having though the same problem https://pastebin.com/DHw3E6zR

I just send the diagnostic trace i did this morning lotro.dmp

---
Again i tried everything i could this morning (reboot, cleaning) but no way. It was working fine last evening up to 1 am. Nothing changed on my computer and though this morning .....

Thank you
<<

zoopsie

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:13 pm

new information :

I spend the whole day with Microsoft support to check if something was wrong with my computer and blocking the game through inner.

They tried to log through inner and as it was not possible decided to repair my windows in case.

We just tried to log in the game through inner , and no way.

They tested my connections, my authorizations admins, all good

Its been a whole month of my inner subscription going without benefiting of any of it, i so would like to be able to enjoy the next months to come, please please :)
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Well, InnerSpace certainly might have some issue with the AMD overlay. Overlays and InnerSpace don't get along quite often.
Specifically
Code:
8.2. amdow.exe - Process ID: 3112 (C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\amdow.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [10,01,01,1735] [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] [AMD ReLive: Desktop Overlay]

Which we can see if hooking into the game here:
Code:
275.107. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amdihk32.dll [1.00.00.0000] [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] [AMD DVR]

I'd be inclined to disable that, and if it became necessary, reinstall your graphics drivers with the absolute minimum needed to actually run the graphics (like Drivers only, no Catalyst/Relive/any other bundled items).

I have tested lotro, and is does periodically crash during startup for me as well, so I'm pretty sure there is an outstanding niggle with it. It has been noted.

zoopsie wrote:Its been a whole month of my inner subscription going without benefiting of any of it,
This thread has been going for 2 days. If you delay in reporting this kind of issue, then yes, you have issues for longer.
<<

zoopsie

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:10 am

bob wrote:Well, InnerSpace certainly might have some issue with the AMD overlay. Overlays and InnerSpace don't get along quite often.
Specifically
Code:
8.2. amdow.exe - Process ID: 3112 (C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\amdow.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [10,01,01,1735] [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] [AMD ReLive: Desktop Overlay]

Which we can see if hooking into the game here:
Code:
275.107. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amdihk32.dll [1.00.00.0000] [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] [AMD DVR]

I'd be inclined to disable that, and if it became necessary, reinstall your graphics drivers with the absolute minimum needed to actually run the graphics (like Drivers only, no Catalyst/Relive/any other bundled items).

i have tested lotro, and is does periodically crash during startup for me as well, so I'm pretty sure there is an outstanding niggle with it. It has been noted

zoopsie wrote:Its been a whole month of my inner subscription going without benefiting of any of it,
This thread has been going for 2 days. If you delay in reporting this kind of issue, then yes, you have issues for longer.

No no i was not complaining (sorry if my french english is not sometimes well expressing what i feel. I even noticed that you answer pretty fast to my post and told it to my husband. its just that i wish to be able to play as i do usually with inner relaxing while enduring some bad treatment and usually month goes quicker while i play.

But lets ignore it please and work on the good : what is surprising me is that when i install the drivers AMD a choice is offered and i always SKIP the relive part. Seems their installation is then wrongly done. I will disable those. I remember that i even totally cleaned the whole AMD drivers with their uninstall cleaning tool. Something is definitly wrong.

Lets cross fingers, i will test that in a bit again, after i have disabled those two

Thank you
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:16 am

Other news is that there is a confirmed crash, but this is fairly intermittent (i.e. I can launch a full team with a couple of attempts). This does seem to be different to your issue though. So, I suspect at this point your issue is going to potentially be something with the AMD drivers, so if you can continue on the path of shutting down the desktop overlay, and retrying, it will hopefully at least get you up and running.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online