FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lotro launching issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chickenwink

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:31 am

Lotro launching issues

The first window of lotro is launching just fine !!

but windows after are not.

Tried loading seperate at a time. Tried loading from isboxer. Restarting. Ect...

Diagnostic
http://privatepaste.com/3b5898bc9c
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:31 am

Re: Lotro launching issues

Nothing sticks out in your diagnostic. There have recently been a number of people with issues that are either network related, or the Turbine ones, which seem, on the surface, to be a problem with the launcher process putting the game into debug.

You could try removing the following things.
Code:
1. apnmcp.exe - Process ID: 1772 (C:\Program Files (x86)\AskPartnerNetwork\Toolbar\apnmcp.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [21.11.1.932] [APN LLC.] [APN Updater]
11. GfExperienceService.exe - Process ID: 1920 (C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience Service\GfExperienceService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [1.0.0.1] [NVIDIA Corporation] [NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service]
12. hotkey.exe - Process ID: 3336 (C:\Program Files (x86)\jmesoft\hotkey.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [3, 9, 0, 712] [JME] [Hotkey]
38. SeaPort.exe - Process ID: 1816 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.2.123.0] [Microsoft Corp.] [Microsoft SeaPort Search Enhancement Broker]
59. TBNotifier.exe - Process ID: 3476 (C:\Program Files (x86)\AskPartnerNetwork\Toolbar\Updater\TBNotifier.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [31.16.2.1281] [APN] [Ask Toolbar Notifier]
For GForceExperience, you usually need to do an uninstall, followed by a "clean install" option and only install the drivers.

Other than that, I was going to suggest you try the method noted in the post here. http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31067#p31067, but you can't (I've tested today and the launcher now crashes when trying this under Inner Space), so the only way to test that out now, is for you to use a different launcher. You can find your own, (such as pyLotro), or you can use this one, https://www.dropbox.com/s/8de61owl3esbf ... r.zip?dl=0, which is based upon another custom launcher which was based upon pyLotro, but I wanted to get one where I could launch via Inner Space without being "hands on" (this way I just launch, and wait for them to finish).

The contained files need to be dropped to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online folder (or your equivalent)
Then you Add Game to Inner Space pointing to cmdlineTurbineLauncher.exe , and in the parameters box, enter in your game world, username, and password. If you use multiple game worlds this might be annoying and I can look at updating to allow selection. Note that you will also need to Add Game several times so you have one entry per account. If you understand XML file structure, you can edit the GameConfiguration.xml file directly in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace, or your equivalent.
Then for each of your characters, set the appropriate profile from the drop downs, export to Inner Space, and launch. If you've done it right, all the LOTROs should auto launch.

Usage: cmdlineTurbineLauncher [worldname] [username] [password] [optional:subscription nickname]
[worldname] does not need to be the full world name with the [US] type extension. Just the normal name, e.g. Riddermark
[optional:subscription nickname], this is only required when you have more than one game subscription on the same Turbine account, for the same game.
You can set a nickname in the Turbine account maintenance at https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php.

*.NET source available on request.
Last edited by bob on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: lnk
<<

Chickenwink

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm

i dont think im adding into the parameter box correctly give me an example of what to type cause i just get a command window that opens and shuts fast saying

Usage: cmdlineTurbineLauncher [worldname] [username] [password] [optional:subscription nickname]
[worldname] does not need to be the full world name with the [US] type extension. Just the normal name, e.g. Riddermark
[optional:subscription nickname], this is only required when you have more than one game subscription on the same Turbine account, for the same game.

and no windows are opening now
Last edited by Chickenwink on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:04 pm

AddGamecmdLineLauncher.png
AddGamecmdLineLauncher.png (29.75 KiB) Viewed 37555 times
<<

Chickenwink

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 pm

saying i have to provide a valid subscribtion im thinking its because theres mutliple subs on this one account is that what that means? subscription nickname?
<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Yep. So the subscription nicknames you can set at https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php. You should use single words, i.e. no spaces as the parameters don't deal with them. The default nicknames are stuff like "Free to play signup mm/dd/yyyy", so are generally pretty sucky nicknames. You should be familiar with them anyway as the normal launcher would have been asking you to select one during the login process.
<<

Chickenwink

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:13 pm

thanks for the quick replies by the way this helps a lot with the whole forum checking thing would be easier over something like teamspeak or something if you have it haha
<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:14 pm

There is an IRC channel for that. In ISBoxer the blue speech bubble in the middle will connect you, failing that http://isboxer.com/chat/
<<

bob

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Updated cmdLineTurbineLauncher launcher to work with Bullroarer (PTR) and if you don't feel like entering multiple profiles into Inner Space you no longer have to, you can specify no parameters and it will ask you for your details (only works if you have 1 subscription on the account for the game). There is no retry around the Username/Password though. If you get it wrong it bombs out. If this happens Inner Space should recognise the failure and halt launching so you can re-launch your character set and it should pick up where you failed.

The link again so you don't have to dig through the above posts.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8de61owl3esbf ... r.zip?dl=0
Last edited by bob on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: lnk
<<

Chickenwink

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:10 pm

little bit of a technicallity
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online