FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

problem when the head dies

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kemplaz

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:46 pm

problem when the head dies

When ever my head dies I switch screens to my next toon and hit my follow command + target me put they never target the screen im on .. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also if I try to interact with a npc I hit f10 then U to use them it only broadcasts to the screen im on?

Thanks
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:09 am

Re: problem when the head dies

kemplaz wrote:When ever my head dies I switch screens to my next toon and hit my follow command + target me put they never target the screen im on .. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I imagine that either your Variable Keystrokes are set up incorrectly or you're not inviting your party in "slot order." Normally, when you use the Quick Setup Wizard the final step has a "targeting grid" which is auto-populated with F-keys. If you didn't alter that grid then you can send out your party invites from the character in Slot 1, accept them in order from there (Slot 2, Slot 3, etc), and all should be well.

kemplaz wrote:Also if I try to interact with a npc I hit f10 then U to use them it only broadcasts to the screen im on?

"U" isn't a key that is set up, by default, to broadcast, and you will need to use the Mapped Key Wizard to expand upon the default key set.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:24 am

MiRai wrote:I imagine that either your Variable Keystrokes are set up incorrectly or you're not inviting your party in "slot order." Normally, when you use the Quick Setup Wizard the final step has a "targeting grid" which is auto-populated with F-keys. If you didn't alter that grid then you can send out your party invites from the character in Slot 1, accept them in order from there (Slot 2, Slot 3, etc), and all should be well.

My guess is that the variable keystrokes are correct if it works on the first toon.

MiRai has said either the targeting grid is wrong http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifica ... eting_keys (I really just wanted to post this link),
or you are not logging in the toons or inviting them to the party in the same order every time, which will change the F key order needed in the "targeting grid" so even if you had it right, you need to keep the same ordering, otherwise it will then be wrong.
<<

kemplaz

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 pm

bob wrote:
MiRai wrote:I imagine that either your Variable Keystrokes are set up incorrectly or you're not inviting your party in "slot order." Normally, when you use the Quick Setup Wizard the final step has a "targeting grid" which is auto-populated with F-keys. If you didn't alter that grid then you can send out your party invites from the character in Slot 1, accept them in order from there (Slot 2, Slot 3, etc), and all should be well.

My guess is that the variable keystrokes are correct if it works on the first toon.

MiRai has said either the targeting grid is wrong http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifica ... eting_keys (I really just wanted to post this link),
or you are not logging in the toons or inviting them to the party in the same order every time, which will change the F key order needed in the "targeting grid" so even if you had it right, you need to keep the same ordering, otherwise it will then be wrong.

They are in the correct order and invited in the correct order. Also I did set them up using the grid.
This is one of the features Ive never gotten to work and is really bugging me I cant figure out..

As far as setting the Mapped keys for U and f10 and delete should I use always on or lotro always on?
<<

bob

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 pm

When you swap toons, if you press your Assist/Follow hotkey, and they assist/follow the wrong toon, then something is not setup correctly. It is easiest to test with Assist when the active slot is not targeting anything because then the others will only target the active slot (actually it is even easier if you set a hotkey on the "Target Me" mapped key).

So if slot 2 is active, and you press assist. Which toons do not target slot 2 (or pick the same target)? The ones which don't do not have the right F key setting in the slot specific Variable Keystroke grid for the "Target Slot 2" variable keystroke
Check every slot (even slot 1). From the sounds of it, the Target Slot 1 variable keystroke is probably assigned correctly across all slots, and this is usually the easiest to get correct anyway, if that slot is the F/Ship leader because they will always be F2 to the other party members.

And as for mapped keys, I wouldn't put them in the Always On key map, as they will normally be Always On (i.e. trapping keystrokes and sending them somewhere). From the sounds of it you have multiple configurations in your profile so you need to look at which Key Maps are being used by your character set and putting the mapped keys into one of the Combat/Non-Combat key maps that are assigned to your character set. This is so you can turn them off for times when you might not want to have those mapped keys active (like when using Chat).
<<

kemplaz

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:39 pm

bob wrote:When you swap toons, if you press your Assist/Follow hotkey, and they assist/follow the wrong toon, then something is not setup correctly. It is easiest to test with Assist when the active slot is not targeting anything because then the others will only target the active slot (actually it is even easier if you set a hotkey on the "Target Me" mapped key).

So if slot 2 is active, and you press assist. Which toons do not target slot 2 (or pick the same target)? The ones which don't do not have the right F key setting in the slot specific Variable Keystroke grid for the "Target Slot 2" variable keystroke
Check every slot (even slot 1). From the sounds of it, the Target Slot 1 variable keystroke is probably assigned correctly across all slots, and this is usually the easiest to get correct anyway, if that slot is the F/Ship leader because they will always be F2 to the other party members.

And as for mapped keys, I wouldn't put them in the Always On key map, as they will normally be Always On (i.e. trapping keystrokes and sending them somewhere). From the sounds of it you have multiple configurations in your profile so you need to look at which Key Maps are being used by your character set and putting the mapped keys into one of the Combat/Non-Combat key maps that are assigned to your character set. This is so you can turn them off for times when you might not want to have those mapped keys active (like when using Chat).

Do you have team viewer could you help me or could I send you my config?
<<

bob

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:46 pm

No team viewer here sorry.

You can post your config, but I would also need to know for each character, what key do they press to select the others?

i.e. if you are on the Fellowship leader, they should be easy because F1 should select self, F2, should select the second toon in the party list, F3 the third in the party list etc.

If you provide
Toonname, presses F1 to select Toonname, F2 to select Toonname, F3 to select Toonname etc, and repeat for every toon, then we can look at your config (which will need to include the toonnames funnily enough) and work out which ones are wrong.
<<

kemplaz

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

bob wrote:No team viewer here sorry.

You can post your config, but I would also need to know for each character, what key do they press to select the others?

i.e. if you are on the Fellowship leader, they should be easy because F1 should select self, F2, should select the second toon in the party list, F3 the third in the party list etc.

If you provide
Toonname, presses F1 to select Toonname, F2 to select Toonname, F3 to select Toonname etc, and repeat for every toon, then we can look at your config (which will need to include the toonnames funnily enough) and work out which ones are wrong.

do you have teamspeak? I have a server and would like to talk so I could send you the file
<<

bob

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:00 pm

No teamspeak either. Nature of the game, I don't need to speak to other people when multiboxing.
Sharing is usually handled by viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13 And you can set a short duration on the storage.

If you really must PM.
<<

kemplaz

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:22 pm

pm sent thanks again
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online