FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lotro: I can't get Follow to work!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xtremepayne

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 am

Re: Lotro: I can't get Follow to work!

Target assist has to be turned on. This way you can target thru any other player in the game. Otherwise I believe the game ignores it.

If it isn't already enabled then you need to go into your options then combat options and it should be there. Once enabled all of your shots should work thru the leader.

Other then that, its the only other idea I can come up with that would prevent it from working.
<<

DutchEZmoder

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:53 am

Not sure if you already solved it after 3 pages of info :P But this is what i do:

Do this on all chars, copy+paste:
/shortcut 43 /follow

Then in Key Maps make a key map called follow leader:
Hotkey: Shift+Q (can be anything you want)
Step 1:
-All w/o current: F2 (so they target the leader)
-Shift+7 (this is the shortcut /follow)

Just 1 step, and it works.

Instead of All w/o current you can also do it for each char, so they still follow when you switched to another window.

And ofcourse in lotro options find enable target assist on every char so they can attack while targeting the leader.
<<

Kaische

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Wow, you revieved a two year old thread :)

If you didn't know, since Update 9 (December 17, 2012) Turbine added this:

Players can now map a new action key to Follow Selection. This works exactly the same as /follow. The new mapping is present on the Key Mapping portion of the Options Panel, under the Miscellaneous header.

No more /shortcut required!

Per default this Key is not set, so you have to open your options and set a key like this:

Then in ISBoxer in the top left pane click on Variable Keystrokes and set "Follow Target" to the same key you setup in LOTRO.

Voila.

@DutchEZmoder
Your 1-step solution is nice but this fails if you play a class with a pet like a captain or lore-master or if you have a skirmish soldier up. In those cases you have to do a 2-step with F1 / F2+followkey.
<<

DutchEZmoder

Post Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 am

Kaische wrote:Wow, you revieved a two year old thread :)

If you didn't know, since Update 9 (December 17, 2012) Turbine added this:

Players can now map a new action key to Follow Selection. This works exactly the same as /follow. The new mapping is present on the Key Mapping portion of the Options Panel, under the Miscellaneous header.

No more /shortcut required!

Per default this Key is not set, so you have to open your options and set a key like this:

Then in ISBoxer in the top left pane click on Variable Keystrokes and set "Follow Target" to the same key you setup in LOTRO.

Voila.

@DutchEZmoder
Your 1-step solution is nice but this fails if you play a class with a pet like a captain or lore-master or if you have a skirmish soldier up. In those cases you have to do a 2-step with F1 / F2+followkey.

Lol sorry, the post was still on the first page i thought it was pretty recent. Seems not many do this anymore i guess. :P

It's true when i have a pet up in skirmishes it sometimes gives troubles. The first time i press it they target me, the 2nd time the pet, but i can press it a 3rd time to follow me again :)

Thanks for the hint, i didn't know lotro added that. I will give it a try. ;)
<<

GoTiK2

Post Thu May 16, 2013 3:00 pm

This is great, I just came back to lotro after a long break and find this out. I used the old /alias trick as well. :D
<<

krixost

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:56 pm

No Need to do:
/alias add ;follow /follow
/alias shortcut ;follow 12

You can if you want but this is not necessary. I uploaded my configuration file to help matters if you wish.

I use F7 to Follow Selection (When Key Maps are Disabled) in ISBoxer F7 selects the Nearest Foe then Follows that Foe ( Interacts with it => U ) to start combat.

So....

F7 Follows
U Follows what you have Selected

I have full details in this link below.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5091

*Hugs and Kisses*
Krixa
<<

Gorthu

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:01 pm

I use a simple follow method and never have trouble with it.
Default F1 for selecting yourself and F2 for selecting the fellowship leader.

I put the follow command in a toolbar slot by using /shortcut 12 /follow

The ISBoxer key is set to "press or release".
Step 1: F1 to all windows except current
Step 2 F2 to all windows except current
- to all windows except current - the minus sign is the keybind to slot 12 in the toolbar

By selecting yourself, then the leader, you don't select the leaders pet if the leader has one.

I put follow in the main toolbar (position 12 which my lotro key bind is the "minus" key - ). I had trouble in the past with putting it in a slot wherever I needed to use ctrl, shift, or alt key in combo. I would suspect (I haven't tried) that you could use any toolbar slot and single keybind stroke and achieve the same.
<<

kasmar45

Post Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

Thanks a lot Dutch. Simple solution that works. :) :) Without having to set up a bunch variables etc etc. That stuff never worked for me ,, but your solution works great. :) :)
<<

stile777

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:44 pm

FuryOfNature wrote:Here's what is working for me:
ISB01.jpg

ISB02.jpg

ISB03.jpg

When my G13's G16 key is pressed, all other windows Select Fellow 1 (F1) i.e. themselves; then when the key is released, all other windows Select Fellow 2 (F2) and then follow. This prevents them from selecting the leader's pet instead.

Fellow 2 is always the fellowship leader, on all fellowship members except the fellowship leader.

CTRL+SHIFT+1 is the key I have mapped in LOTRO to quickbar slot #49, which has my ;follow alias shortcut. I have this set up on all charaters, as follows:

/alias add ;follow /follow
/alias shortcut ;follow 49

It also helps to set up the target assist window on your leader with all of the slaves in your fellowship as assists, so that you can see at a glance who they currently have targeted.

I tried this and I have to cycle the key a couple of times if the follower has a pet.
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Wow, you revived a post after 3 years with your statement :/
(it happend again!)

How about you look at this How to setup follow in Lotro

EDIT: *duh*
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online