FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LoTRO Configuration File

Moderator: MiRai

<<

krixost

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:46 pm

LoTRO Configuration File

[Edited 13JUL2014] LoTRO Only Fully Configured Configuration. This should help many of you trying to get Follow/Assist/Combat Particulars to work flawlessly. This is very robust and reliable.

Updates:
- Added 5 and 6 Account Character Sets
- Added Utility Keymap (Quick Slot Bar 4)
- Updated Texts in Descriptions of many of the Keymaps
- Deleted not needed Variable Keystrokes
- Removed the confusing 0, -, = keys being redirected to F Keys (Follow, Formation, Mount)
- Added my LoTRO Keymap to this posting
- Added my Logitech G13 LoTRO Profile

This should save people A LOT of time. There is also NO NEED for aliasing for Following to work properly! Please use this Configuration and see for yourself.
When entering Combat with this configuration the Followers WILL REMAIN in Follow but will also Assist when possible. If you want to keep everyone back simply press F11 to Break Follow and Line Up Formation, Press F (Assist), Then Start Attacking. The Healers have a separate bar so you can issue Healing Commands, Ranged Commands, and Melee Commands at the same time.

You can also mix and match various character types in this configuration and things work just fine.

LoTRO Combat Settings/Options:
All Checked Except (Many of these 'Helper' Options really do 'Help' in combat. The Animations make things look nice. Personal Preference. Spolid Girl. =P )
- Directional Selection Indicator (Looks Hideous =P )
- Display Companion Orders in Chat Window (Umm....Right. XD)

LoTRO Configuration (Window Layout is for Dual Display....Please Use Window Layout Wizard if you use a different Window Layout)
LoTRO_2C - 2 Characters
LoTRO_3C - 3 Characters
LoTRO_4C - 4 Characters
LoTRO_5C - 5 Characters
LoTRO_6C - 6 Characters
Account Names are Generic because Any Class can Team Up!!

Installation:
- Drop the ISBoxerConfig.xml to C:\InnerSpace (or where you have InnerSpace installed)
- Do Not Combine this with other Configurations....I mean Merging....Keep your Configurations Separate.
- Send to InnerSpace and Launch...have a MUCH better time playing.

LoTRO Combat with this Config....How I use this: ( I have my G13 programmed with this in mind)
- Since the Bars are Specific Ranged that have Melee can Melee and Melee that have Ranged will do that if you have the Skill placed.

Sequence A: For Wide Spaces....Exteriors mainly
1 - Press F11 Quickly....this Breaks Follow
2 - Assist Leader (F2) F Key (Default LoTRO Assist)
3 - Ranged ALT+1 1.25sec ALT+2 1.25 sec ALT+3 1.25sec ALT+4
Wait until Enemies are in Melee Range (Usually is by the end of the first Ranged Volley)
4 - Melee 1 1.25sec 2 1.25sec 3 1.25sec 4

Sequence B: For Tight Places where the Foes are on top of the Fellowship
2 - Assist Leader (F2) F Key (Default LoTRO Assist)
3 - Ranged Melee Both ALT+1/1 1.25sec ALT+2/2 1.25 sec ALT+3/3 1.25sec ALT+4/4

Sequence C: Everyone Grab something and DPS it (Helps the Healers when the Tank is on Taunt CD)
2 - Engage Nearest (F10)
3 - Ranged Melee Both ALT+1/1 1.25sec ALT+2/2 1.25 sec ALT+3/3 1.25sec ALT+4/4

Sequence D: Healer
2a - SHIFT+F (This tells ISBoxer to Choose Tank 1 From Specific Accounts Please see Keymap LoTRO_Healer_Shift => A_Heal Fellow 1 ... Simply Choose the Account the Healer(s) are in and they will Choose the Tank
2b - SHIFT+G (This tells ISBoxer to Choose Tank 2 From Specific Accounts Please see Keymap LoTRO_Healer_Shift => A_Heal Fellow 2 ... Simply Choose the Account the Healer(s) are in and they will Choose the Tank
3a&b - Solo Target Heal SHIFT+1 2.0sec AoE Heal SHIFT+2

LoTRO Key Mapping (Updated 13JUL2014): Most Keymapping is Default LoTRO.....but there are a few differences in mapping....some required and some personal preference to match other games...particularly the F Keys
- DPS bar = Main Bar 1 to =
- Melee Special Bar = Quick Slot Bar 1 CTRL+1 to CTRL+=
- Ranged Bar = Quick Slot Bar 2 ALT+1 to ALT+=
- Healer Bar = Quick Slot Bar 3 SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+=
- Utility Bar = Quick Slot Bar 4 CTRL+F1 to CTRL+F12 (Purpose of this bar is for Buffs/Setting Traps/Hunter Focus/Food Items/Mount

F1 - Self
F2 - Fellowship Leader
F3 - Fellowship Member 3
F4 - Fellowship Member 4
F5 - Fellowship Member 5
F6 - Fellowship Member 6
F7 - Auto Move (Changed from Default)
F8 - Follow Target (Added to Not have to use Aliasing) **Note: I Use Line Up Follow because it works REALLY well carving around paths and looks really nice
F9 - Walk/Jog (Changed from Default)
F10 - Engage Nearest Foe (IS Boxer Keymap) This has all Fellowship Members choose the Nearest Enemy and Engage that Target. All Members will DPS down that target.
F11 - Formation (IS Boxer Keymap) This has the Fellowship for a Diamond Formation (Press and Hold 250ms=Tight, 350ms is a Spread Formation, 450ms is a Loose Formation)
F12 - Toggle UI (Changed from Default)

Insert - Select Nearest NPC and Interact (Works well for Questing)...sometimes need to tap the button a couple of times. (After you can turn on Mouse Broadcasting via the Click GUI...works 90% of the time)
Delete - Select Nearest Usable Object and Interact (Works REALLY well for picking up quest objects)
**Note: With Movement Assistance Enabled you will move to what you have selected (U) Use....Like Harvesting a Resource for Example.

Example of How I use this:
Utility Bar CTRL+F12 is my Mount Horse All Accounts will Mount

Fellowship Maneuvers: Important to HOLD the Num# Key for a second or two to get everyone focused on the Target
**Note: You will notice that for example I have Num8 will do Z_Reds which will make everyone do Reds...for a different Combo simply make a new Z_Blah and assign that to the Num# you wish to execute that combo.
Num5 - (This is done 1st when you press and hold one of the keys below...Clear and Assist Fellowship Target).... Note: May have to tap a couple of times
Num8 - All Reds
Num2 - All Yellows
Num4 - All Blues
Num6 - All Greens

Num7 - Open
Num9 - Open
Num3 - Open
Num1 - Open

Following:
F8 is to make everyone get in line. If you don't care if 'clumping' is an issue then simply adjust in LoTRO_#C (<=2/3/4) => Z_#C Follow Leader **F2 is always Leader and F1 is always Self
**Following works REALLY well in this game. Every once in a while the Follower gets stuck on something or leaps off a platform ( =O ) but really only in tight places. When you press follow from far away they will still follow!! REALLY far away. XD

I hope this Helps you on your own LoTRO Adventures. I have personally found a new inspired liking to LoTRO to do Skirmishes and a lot of content Solo Play just has trouble with. No need to worry about trying to find a group now. Groups are really touchy and rough to find 80% of the time. So....no worries now. XD!!!

Note: The Method used in this configuration will work very well for any game really. Very minor tweaks to get things right.

You can use this Configuration for (Tested on these)
LoTRO - Lord of the Rings Online (6 Accounts Play Tested)
SWTOR - Star Wars the Old Republic (2 Accounts Play Tested)
NWO - Neverwinter Online (2 Accounts Play Tested)
AoC - Age of Conan (2 Accounts Play Tested)
TSW - The Secret World (2 Accounts Play Tested)

Krixa
Attachments
ISBoxerLoTROConfig.xml
ISBoxer Config File
(440.76 KiB) Downloaded 1358 times
LoTRO.xml
Logitech G13 LoTRO Profile
(65.78 KiB) Downloaded 1264 times
lotro.7z
LoTRO Keymap File (7Zip)
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 1307 times
Last edited by krixost on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

ymister

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: LoTRO Configuration File

Hi,

I love your script, just having problems getting it working. I made sure that my leader is account1, I just am wondering what are your keymaps for lotro. I think that is my problem why when i press f1, i only select my leader, i tried in broadcast mode to press f1, and they only select themselves and f2, f3, f4 do not do anything. I have 4 characters i am trying to control. Thanks in advance.
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Thank you for contributing your configuration to the rest of the community.

But there are a few things that can confuse some users especially the new ones.

First:
You changed some key bindings in LOTRO like for example F7 for follow (default would be F).
You mentioned them all in this thread allthough it can be confusing for people who multibox the first time what and where they have to change it.
With the idea you had by creating Variable Keystrokes and naming them accordingly to their function ingame it is not necessary to change any key bindings in the game.

Second:
The targeting table for each Slot is completely missing! Switching to another character, pressing the follow Hotkey and the other characters will randomly follow someone from the group.... or follow only the leader.

Third:
The naming of the Key Maps for the additional quickbars is nice that there is one for Melee skills and you added also Action Target Groups for the Healer/Ranged/Melee ones...
But all the Mapped Keys use always "All w/ Current" as a Target. The ATGs are never used.
Any Class can Team Up
Yes, if the player arrange the skills accordingly.

I wrote this as a positive feedback.
I can see that you used your configuration for multiple games and for this reason maybe changed all the ingame key bindings.
But all the new player who want to try your config can run into more issues than expected if they change something :(
<<

krixost

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Thanks for the Feedback.

F is Default for Assist which it still does. F8 is Follow since you either have to type /follow (or Right Click on the Target) or make the alias method.

So basically...what I found to make ISBoxer to work reliably with LoTRO/SWTOR/The Secret World is that ALL commands are directed at Self (the currently controlled Slot/Window) then other things happen. This technique really works really well.

So yes thise configuration matches many games....but the Hotkeys you choose may be different than what I choose/like. This is natural. So some things that are in LoTRO just do not work without making some sort of Hotkey...hence the reason behind what I did here.....which is what made SWTOR and The Secret World work as well.

This Multiboxing is a huge pain but feels GREAT once this actually WORKED!!! haha!! I provided both of my configurations to HELP not only have a very reliable configuration that will adapt to whatever game but ALSO make it easier to SEE what is happening in the Key Maps to Variable Keystrokes. The Main Point being that almost ALL Hot Keys/Keystrokes are going to SELF first THEN on to do OTHER things. That is why there is A_Something then Connecting to Z_Commands notice that the C_DPS# is sent to everyone.

So with this method there is no longer a need for Class Type Grouping (which is set up but does nothing).

ymister:
No order required for which account to be leader. Just pick which character will be your leader....that will be F2 to all others. F1 is always Character Select Self which you must do to make Follow and many other things work properly because of some companions or temporary allies.

Once you get your order get a piece of paper then for each Window you will need to: Press F2 and See what Group Member is Chosen, Then F3 and so on. If you want all to gaggle close and follow just the Leader then it is much simpler but still the SAME edits need to be done...
In KeyMaps....Select which Set you are Logging in as...LOTRO_4C for example the 4 Character Group
then
Z_4C_Follow Leader (which is Called by A_4C_Follow Leader)
click on Step 2 and select the matching order of your group.
example: In my Group Account 4 is my tank and Account 1 is my healer. I love playing Healer so Account 1 invites #4, then #3 (Champ), then #2 (Hunter) now we have a group....
RK, Guardian, Champion, Hunter
Top to Bottom:
(F3) Acct 2 selects Fellow 3
(F3) Acct 3 selects Fellow 3 <- I know....try it!
(F4) Acct 4 selects Fellow 2
(F7) Follow Selection to ALL OTHER

4 Follows Current Leader, 3 Follows 4, 2 follows 3....this makes a nice line up type follow....even works getting through tight spots and dungeons.

So all you have to do is match who you want that character to Follow and change which Acct the F key selects. I know it looks SUPER confusing but once you write it down and understand the Group Selection then it will make sense. Especially if you transfer leadership....you will need to edit this again. If Everyone just Follows F2 (Leader) then you can edit this once and forget it.

The GMs in LoTRO are getting prickly about Boxers....since making the Line Follow method I have not been bothered or asked at all. For the gang up method since all the followers stand on top of each other it looks more suspicious and thus invites probes I guess. OHH....when I speak to NPCs or stop someplace I ALWAYS press the - key so that they spread out in the Diamond formation it looks less suspicious as well so no bothering or even reporting by players not in the know.

Thanks.
Krixa
Last edited by krixost on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ymister

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Thank you so much that helped alot, and yes ISboxer can get tricky for sure. But when you get it, it is amazing.
<<

Sheriziya

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:27 am

Well, it's been quite a while since I've been multiboxing, unfortunately, due to RL issues.... Anyway, I found this topic and thought it might be handy. But..... I have no idea how to access the file! I've downloaded and copied it to the Innerspace folder. But then what? I already had a team, but nothing seems to have changed with that particular team.

Perhaps it's because I haven't used any ISBoxer/Innerspace coding in the past yet. Hadn't had any real good time to figure out how I could do things. But I haven't got a clue as to how to get this file to work.

Thanks for the help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:32 am

Sheriziya wrote:I have no idea how to access the file! I've downloaded and copied it to the Innerspace folder. But then what?

In ISBoxer go to File and select Open, then point it at the XML file you saved.

To get back to your existing configuration, open ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML (which is the default file). It might be helpful for you to back up your configuration as well, using File, Save As.
<<

Sheriziya

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 am

Apparently I'm doing something wrong.... I've opened the file, entered my character data (account name and character name), chose the right game and game profile for Innerspace and exported everything to Innerspace. However.... I can open the characterset and then fill in my login data in the Lotro client that's being opened once. After I've entered my login data and chosen the server and click login, the client disappears and doesn't return anymore. No other clients are being opened either and the processes are gone from my task manager.

I've checked to see whether there was a similar problem with the default settings (ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML), but this doesn't have any problems. I can open up all clients just fine and play.

So.... What's wrong? I hope someone can help me with this, cause I'd love to use the script, but .....

ETA: I may have found something, but I don't know if this is indeed the cause of the problem and if so, how to solve it. This is the setup of virtual files with the default ISboxertoolkit.xml:

But this is the setup with virtual files of the lotro config file:

The files from the first set up are available in the folders where they should be.

I think the system looks for files and registry settings which aren't there, with this last set up. Am I correct with that assumption? If so, how can I get the virtual files from the first into the second set up?

Thanks for the help!

ETA: With a lot of thanks to Bob and Lax from in chat I managed to solve the problem. Just in case someone else runs into this problem:
- Add a virtual file with the virtual file wizard for Lotro settings (Choose Lotro as a game and userpreferences.ini will automatically be chosen)
And for those with only 1 monitor (like me):
Add a windowlayout for a single monitor. If you're like me, use the window layout wizard :D

Have fun!
<<

Sheriziya

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:21 am

I hate double posting, but since this is an entirely new problem with this script, I thought I'd post it anyway.

As for the following:
When I press = in my main window, the other windows (characters) open up help instead of line up to follow the leader. Soo.... something seems to be wrong. I can't figure out what though....
<<

Kaische

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Sheriziya wrote:I hate double posting, but since this is an entirely new problem with this script, I thought I'd post it anyway.

As for the following:
When I press = in my main window, the other windows (characters) open up help instead of line up to follow the leader. Soo.... something seems to be wrong. I can't figure out what though....

I am sorry you ran into so much issues.

In a previous post i gave some feedback to Krixa's configuration:

Kaische wrote:Thank you for contributing your configuration to the rest of the community.

But there are a few things that can confuse some users especially the new ones.

First:
You changed some key bindings in LOTRO like for example F7 for follow (default would be F).
You mentioned them all in this thread allthough it can be confusing for people who multibox the first time what and where they have to change it.
[...]

I wrote this as a positive feedback.
I can see that you used your configuration for multiple games and for this reason maybe changed all the ingame key bindings.
But all the new player who want to try your config can run into more issues than expected if they change something :(

My concern is that this configuration file is not a 100% solution for new users to load into ISBoxer, export and immediately play and multibox without problems.

Krixa should have posted her/his "lotro.keymap" file from the LOTRO folder or do make it more clear that some keybindings in LOTRO have been changed.
You mentioned you already run into the issue that there is no virtual file for the UserPreferences.ini.
Your next problem, if you multibox with more than 2 characters, will be that you run into problem with targeting if you switch characters. ... (missing Variable Keystroke targeting table) :( :(

But... here is some help:

Launch your Character Set and in all game clients open the ingame options then click on key mapping.
Now disable Key Maps.
In ISBoxer in the upper left pane click on Variable Keystrokes.
Make sure that all key bindings are the same in LOTRO and in this pane, for example:
"Follow Selection LoTRO" is set to F7 in ISBoxer ... you have to set the key binding in each game client to F7 to get it working correctly.

I really suggest though that you start with a clear config (File -> Clear) and use the Quick Start Guide. The video on this page guides you save and quick through all settings.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online