FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Second Client not launchin

Moderator: MiRai

<<

stile777

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Second Client not launchin

I am trying to run two clients of Lotro Beta. The first loads and takes the first position. As this is loading the second client comes up and I log in. When I hit enter the login screen goes away and nothing happens? I did a diagnostic Paste ID f6d038664c Pasted at 11:38:33 EST on 02/18/13, this paste will expire in 29 days.

I do not know why its so hard to copy from Inner space but it is. You can't make the uplink window any bigger and you should be able to have an option to select all and you don't.

I could use help here please.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Second Client not launchin

Separate pastes would be cool next time, it broke the formatting of the diagnostics and made it hard to read.

5. C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\N360_20.1.0.24\Definitions\BASHDefs\20130208.001\UMEngx86.dll

Have you tried disabling Norton Internet Security? It might be treating your beta copy differently than your non-beta copy, and it could potentially be causing a problem here.

25. lotroclient - Process ID: 2200 (G:\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Test\lotroclient.exe)
26. lotroclient - Process ID: 5444 (G:\Games\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe)
Modules loaded by lotroclient - Process ID: 5444 (G:\Games\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe):

Sadly you happened to grab the diagnostics from your non-beta client rather than the beta client, but that may or may not make a difference.

What version of Windows is this on?
<<

stile777

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:09 pm

lax wrote:Separate pastes would be cool next time, it broke the formatting of the diagnostics and made it hard to read.

5. C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\N360_20.1.0.24\Definitions\BASHDefs\20130208.001\UMEngx86.dll

Have you tried disabling Norton Internet Security? It might be treating your beta copy differently than your non-beta copy, and it could potentially be causing a problem here.

25. lotroclient - Process ID: 2200 (G:\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Test\lotroclient.exe)
26. lotroclient - Process ID: 5444 (G:\Games\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe)
Modules loaded by lotroclient - Process ID: 5444 (G:\Games\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe):

Sadly you happened to grab the diagnostics from your non-beta client rather than the beta client, but that may or may not make a difference.

What version of Windows is this on?

Windows 7 64.

I do not think its norton. I noticed this behavior with my normal game too. Any new group made behaved like this too. But my old groups work fine? There has been updates to isboxer and innerspace since I made the older groups that work fine.

This is the current inner space copy:

14:13:34 ISBoxer: Good!
| 14:13:34 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Bullroarer' ...
| 14:13:34 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Glorfindas'
Successfully executed '"G:\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Public
Test\TurbineLauncher.exe" -invoker'.
Session launched (is1): "G:/Turbine/The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Test/lotroclient.exe"
| 14:14:06 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'Simralin'
Successfully executed '"G:\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Public
Test\TurbineLauncher.exe" -invoker'.
| 14:14:06 ISBoxer: Character Set 'Bullroarer' launched
| 14:14:06 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================

Not that it tells anything except the second client was not successful. But not why. And this time I shut down Norton and its firewall.

Paste ID 47a9d6d9b5 the only game running .

Also isboxer profile: Paste ID 156292b645
<<

stile777

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am

I have a program that views all the processes. I watch what happens when inner space calls the second instance of lotro beta. everything goes correctly and when the game comes up under the first, it turns red and disappears? I do not know what gives the command to dismiss the second instance. One second its there and the next its gone?
<<

stile777

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 am

lotroclient not found for 2nd window

This is driving me bonkers. I looked at a working profile and compared it to the non-working profile. Both are identical! Except the path. The working one goes to the live server and the non-working goes to the beta server. That is the only difference. I watched the process step by step and they were identical!! The working behaved exactly as the non-working except the non-working got a command from somewhere to kill the second process?? It was there then it was gone. It acted as if I killed the process!! (I did not) When I do kill a process the process turns red and poof its gone just like the non-working profile second process. So please help??
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am

Norton is still loading in-process in your last paste.

Until this no longer appears in your paste, it is still active in process. The behavior you're describing is the same as from a stack overflow or similar condition from a program that happens to cause an incompatibility. Norton Internet Security is one of the programs that sometimes has this effect.
<<

stile777

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 pm

lax wrote:Norton is still loading in-process in your last paste.

Until this no longer appears in your paste, it is still active in process. The behavior you're describing is the same as from a stack overflow or similar condition from a program that happens to cause an incompatibility. Norton Internet Security is one of the programs that sometimes has this effect.

I beg to differ. I noticed this happening after an update of the software last fall. It happened when I created new groups on the Live Server of Lotro. I did a test ... I tried to login both clients and got as far as bringing up the first instance and it was running. Then the second instance started and I logged in to the server and it disappears. Then I started another instance not using innerspace. It logged in and ran. I had the first instance launched by innerspace running and the instance I launched outside innerspace running. There was two clients running. The only thing that will not run two clients is innerspace. Why I do not know!! what changed in innerspace and or isboxer to not allow me to run two clients on bullroarer and live lotro? I do not know if its my system or the program. Tell ya what I am going to do. I will create a new group to go live and if they can't I will let you know.

It behaves just like the bullroarer group. 1st one is running the 2nd logs in and dies

Tell me this...Why do the old (some since I got isboxer) work but any new ones since the fall of 2012 do not?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 pm

You beg to differ that what I pasted still appears in your diagnostics, and that removing it is known to solve problems like this?

Because it is plain to see that it was still in your paste, and you can pop into the ISBoxer Chat Room to ask whether uninstalling Norton Internet Security has resolved any issues lately...

Tell me this...Why do the old (some since I got isboxer) work but any new ones since the fall of 2012 do not?

I'm not really sure what you're implying but if you have an old version that works and a new version that doesn't, then give me build numbers and we might have something useful to go on.
<<

stile777

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 pm

lax wrote:You beg to differ that what I pasted still appears in your diagnostics, and that removing it is known to solve problems like this?

Because it is plain to see that it was still in your paste, and you can pop into the ISBoxer Chat Room to ask whether uninstalling Norton Internet Security has resolved any issues lately...

I'm not really sure what you're implying but if you have an old version that works and a new version that doesn't, then give me build numbers and we might have something useful to go on.

Perhaps I am not getting across what is happening. I am running 40.6.204.1 (the latest). I had made some groups with last years version and they work. (I have 4 groups) Now when I make a new group with the current version, they do not work properly? Something is killing the second process? It goes all the way to signing into the server then poof its gone! I did try making a new group today and the first instance went poof like the earlier group's second process. And you say that its Norton because its in the posting I put up. And I say that I can open up 4 windows with no problems!! Only when I try using isboxer with a new group? I told you earlier that I tried the new group. The first instance worked fine and loaded correctly. The second instance did exactly as the first did except stay like the first. It did send the command to load the client I briefly saw it in the process monitor (right under the first pid of lotro) but less than a sec later it went Poof! Something sent a kill process right after the load command. I am trying to find out what did that. All the monitors shows is load and unload right under the load? no lines in between. The only thing I noticed is the profiles are different. The new groups added lines (there were more lines than the older group profile) I compared the old with the new line by line and word by word. Everything was the same up to the group name but then the new group added some other lines so the two groups did not match. And all the programs in question are all in the Norton Firewall as Allow.

If I can open 4 lotro clients without isboxer and innerspace then why can't innerspace launch two new clients?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

You can go round and round in circles all you want with this. The situation is you came to the forums for help with something that isn't working. That requires doing troubleshooting, trying some things in order to eliminate certain possibilities. If Lax knew the definite solution he would tell it to you. He doesn't. He wants you to do some things to give him a better idea of what the issue is and to rule out some common causes. You state...

Something sent a kill process right after the load command. I am trying to find out what did that.
Based upon personal experience that could be Norton. The ball is in your court in that regard.

If you have a current ISBoxer configuration file with multiple Character Sets, some of which launch correctly and some of which don't, then you would also need to share that configuration, along with the details of which Character Sets launched correctly and which didn't.

The only thing I noticed is the profiles are different.
Not sure what profiles you are talking about. Copies of these we could look at might help as well.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online