FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New user - Need help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nyello

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 pm

New user - Need help

I was hoping someone could help me. I just got isboxer and am trying to setup a group of 3. For now I am using 3 hunters so that I can become familiar with the way things work. I was following the likeapro write up for setting up combat dps rotations, but I just can not get anything to work.

I tried putting my two alt hunters on my second monitor, a 24 inch 1920X1080, and my primary on my 27 inch 2560X1440. Because of the different resolutions my mouse pointers do not line up for clicking purposes. Not sure how to overcome that? The other issue is that my key maps that I created using the likeapro guide, do not transmit to the two follow hunters unless I turn repeater on, which I thought I read I should not need to do. They also don't cycle through my keys when I press them (meaning the steps that I setup). Obviously I am doing something wrong.

Could someone give me a step by step on how to get things started? Just where to start to actually form my group and get them following.

A step by step for getting my 3 hunters into a group, selecting the leader, and getting them to follow. I have tried a few times but am just not getting it to work. Nothing I do is transmitting to the other screen/two hunters, and I have to physically move the mouse and click on them which is defeating the purpose of all of this.

I hope I am making since...I am very noobish when it comes to getting this moving.

Maybe someone has a setup similar to what I am trying to do that I could start from?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: New user - Need help

Could someone give me a step by step on how to get things started? Just where to start to actually form my group and get them following.

A step by step for getting my 3 hunters into a group, selecting the leader, and getting them to follow. I have tried a few times but am just not getting it to work. Nothing I do is transmitting to the other screen/two hunters, and I have to physically move the mouse and click on them which is defeating the purpose of all of this.

1. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide_40 for initial setup
2. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifications#The_game.27s_Key_Bindings -- and the 2 sections under it for the follow/assist. The video on this page walks through setting that up for EQ2 and LOTRO, so you should be able to walk through it step by step.
<<

Nyello

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 pm

I guess I had fiddled too much because once I cleared everything I had done and started over it is working fine. :) I now have, Target Leader, Follow, and Assist working.

One other question, is there a way to auto invite my two slaves into a group and have them accept, or do I need to manually do that and click on each of their windows to accept?

Also for quest turn ins, the best way I have found is to turn repeater on. Is this the only way to accomplish this?

Next up is getting them all to fight! :)
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 am

Nyello wrote:is there a way to auto invite my two slaves into a group and have them accept, or do I need to manually do that and click on each of their windows to accept?

You can play around with multistep keymaps to send a fellowship invite, using the "/invite NAME" chat command. But there is no chat command to accept an invite (that I can find). So I just do it all manually.

Nyello wrote:Also for quest turn ins, the best way I have found is to turn repeater on. Is this the only way to accomplish this?

Yes I believe so. There are no chat commands to interact with NPC dialogs. So I use mouse repeater for quest turn ins.
<<

Nyello

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 am

Thank you for the reply, I figured that would be the answer. It works with repeater, just have to click a few times and make sure the mouse pointer is on the same spot on the screen. Having the followers on a second monitor does help facilitate that though.

Thank goodness LOTRO went to the auto loot thing...That is so very wonderful for multiboxing.

I have managed to get my group of 3 hunters to all attack with different skills I have bound to my mouse, so I am basically functional.

Edit:

Got repeater regions setup and working now also.

Now that I have the basics and am able to do most of what I want, I really see the power of this software. Great job to you!

Return to Lord of the Rings Online