FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Since expansion

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hillfriar

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Since expansion

Usually use three clients. Worked seemlessly with Isboxer before expansion. Now I can get two clients logged in but upon logging in the third it drops the first client every time. I then have to reset my router to even be able to get my first client's characters to come into game even on a solo log in.

Has anyone else run into this?
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 am

Re: Since expansion

I just checked by logging in nine Lotro clients, and they all loaded and worked together correctly.

Each of the clients is using 630-710 K memory on my PC, as reported in Windows Task Manager under Processes, which is what they were using prior to the 8.0 RoR update. So I'm not seeing any significant change there.

I'm not monitoring my video memory use at the moment. However I only use DirectX 9 for Lotro clients, as it uses less video memory than the Lotro client uses in DirectX 10 or 11 (though DirectX 10 is not supported by ISBoxer anyway). The team's main tank and main assist have medium graphics settings; the rest have low graphics settings. I can run nine clients on a ATI Radeon HD7870 graphics card with 2 GB of VRAM, pre- and post- update.

In the Lotro UserPreferences.ini file, I have "ComputeUniquePort=False" on all clients.

There are some memory leaks being addressed by today's 8.0.2 hotfix, though I don't imaging a memory leak would cause the issue you're getting when you've only just loaded the Lotro clients.

If you have sufficient memory and video memory to run the clients, then I don't know what else could be causing the problem. I would suggest trying to load the clients using DirectX 9 and low graphics settings, to see if it is a new memory constraint you're encountering. You could also try lowering your graphics cache sizes to free up memory if it's getting low. I use "MemoryUsage=0.05" on my main tank and main assist, and "MemoryUsage=0.00" on my slaves.

Let us know if it's still not working after the 8.0.2 hotfix today. Fingers crossed!
<<

Hillfriar

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks to your post I'm back in business. I switched my clients to false (they were true) and I switched all clients to use 9x instead of 11x.

Much appreciated.
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 am

Excellent! :)

Return to Lord of the Rings Online