Dread of the Witch-king or updates?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wanderlust

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Dread of the Witch-king or updates?

Howdy fellow M-e boxers...

This may be coincidental, but...

Last night I was leveling my box team of 1 guard, 4 hunters and a mini through the first half of Angmar. I had just about cleared all the quests in the area and was left with only a few Fellowship quests that are pretty hard on level... up to now I haven't had any troubles with most of the quests - and I hadn't yet experienced a group wipe in Angmar or even a single death - but yesterday....

Yesterday a few things happened...

1. LOTRO did an update...
2. When I opened the ISboxer client - It updated (yes i clicked update instead of remind me later)
3. I got ganked by 4 fire breathing worms in an instance and my whole group wiped...

After recovering from the wipe - I noticed that my team had a debuff on them - "dread of the witch-king" - I popped a hope token but it only took the dread of the toon who had the hope token instead of everyone (like regular dread) - so i decided to wait the 10 minute duration of the W-k dread out instead of wasting 5 more hope tokens... and as i was waiting it out I noticed that my team was unresponsive to all of my skills and mappings...

Movement and follow worked as expected - but none of my DPS triggers or buff triggers or even my mount triggers would work... I inspected my characters hot-keys on the UI and noticed that when i triggered a skill through my main - it would put the "marching ants" around the skill - but instead of firing it would just cancel in a puff of smoke.

By this time I tried another hope token on one of my team members (the first one was on my main - the tank) and when the dread of the Witch king was removed - that toon became responsive to my skill commands while the other W-k dread effected toons would not...

So apparently if toons are effected with the dread of the witch-king debuff they can not induce certain skills until the dread is canceled or removed.

My question is:

1. Is this supposed to be this way?
2. Is this a turbine design on any character (boxer or not)?
3. Is it a side effect of any of the updates (lotro or ISBoxer)

I appreciate any insight on this matter - i honestly never heard of "Dread of the Witch-king" making skill unavailable while under its effect - but then again - there is probably a whole lot of things i never heard.

W.
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Dread of the Witch-king or updates?

Hi Wanderlust

I saw your post on the LOTRO forums and don't really have anything constructive to add over what was suggested there. I haven't seen that effect before and I suspect it is a bug or lag-related issue.

I haven't had any problems multi-boxing in LOTRO today, though I only spent my time dragging the team around the Treasure Hunt field, so it wasn't much of a 'test'.
<<

TonyO

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Wanderlust, It may not help you much but I spent a lot of time boxing a fellowship of 6 through Angmar last week without any problems, so I think you must have had a server lag spike or a bug in the quest you were doing. After the update Monday Sept 17, LOTRO performs better for me than before.
<<

Wanderlust

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 pm

So - yay, I'm still getting this unresponsive (lag?) thing.
I'm almost certain its on LOTRO side because of the "lag fix" they recently implemented and tonight's launcher debacle.

It may be a red herring, but it may be associated with "world or regional" buffs - like the Angmar dread that I mentioned and what happened to me today. After I managed to get the whole team all logged in - there was a world wide "welcome back weekend: 100% experience buff" and 4 out of 6 toons were unresponsive to any skills and mapping except movements and some passive skills.

This is the 2nd time this has happened in 3 days (i played all night last night with out any problems - or dread - or regional buffs) and both times that it bugged - there was a buff. I dont know if its related, but it is coincidental.

Very weird that i've been playing almost daily for the last 2 and a half months boxing this team, from level 28 to 45 and have experienced no issues at all with lag - and then -boom !!!

Hopefully they will get it figured out quickly - its very discouraging to be stuck in the middle of killing trolls in The Arena and have half your team bug out
<<

Wanderlust

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Seems like the wierdness over at LOTRO has worked itself out - after those few incidents, I have been playing for the past week without issue again - some others have report same or similar issues that also went away after a few days.

However - I'm starting to get burnt on Multi-boxing again and my 3 month sub of innerspace is close to running out - my goal, for this stretch was to get my team from level 30 to level 45 and get their LI's and be ready to start Moria on my next boxing spurt - and i'm almost there!

I was just gifted The Histories of Middle-earth vol 1 through 12 and i can see my free time being consumed by other pleasures for a while - so this maybe my last post for a few months - until i get bitten by the box bug again...

Journey safe and good game guys
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 am

Cool, glad to hear it appears to have been a temporary 'glitch' with Lotro itself.

See you in a while :)

Return to Lord of the Rings Online