FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HowTo Fellowship Maneuvers (AKA Conjunctions)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tanker

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:05 am

HowTo Fellowship Maneuvers (AKA Conjunctions)

What this does is create a new keymap called 'Fellowship Manoeuvres' (Turbine's spelling, not mine) with four keys. Each key is configured basically the same, with differences between what gets sent on keypress.

The keymaps in LoTRO are as follows:

Num 9 -> Fellowship Skill Assist
Num 8 -> Top (red)
Num 7 -> Bottom (yellow)
Num 6 -> Left (blue)
Num 5 -> Right (green)

Each mapped key (Green, Red, Yellow, Blue) looks like the following:

Keymap Green:
Step 1 -> Send Num 9 (skill assist) to all targets ; everyone targets the mob that is FM'd
Green in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 2 ; Advance all keys to next step
Red in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 2
Yellow in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 2
Blue in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 2
Step 2 -> Send Num 9 (skill assist) to all targets ; make sure everyone targets the mob that is FM'd (cuz it doesn't always work)
Green in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 3
Red in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 3
Yellow in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 3
Blue in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 3
Step 3 -> Send Num 5 to Tank
Green in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 4
Red in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 4
Yellow in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 4
Blue in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 4
Step 4 -> Send Num 5 to Healer
Green in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 5
Red in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 5
Yellow in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 5
Blue in Fellowship Manoeuvres Key Map Set 5
And so on.

All four colors are identical except for the key that gets sent to each toon. Since all four keymaps advance on any keypress, you can build the FM up on key at a time. The only change I may make is using Num5 as the targetting key since it has to be tapped a couple times at the beginning.
Attachments
FM.txt
Fellowship Manuevers
(90.15 KiB) Downloaded 947 times
<<

Kaische

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: HowTo Fellowship Maneuvers (AKA Conjunctions)

Nice idea, thanks for sharing!

I ran into problems importing your file in ISboxer with rightclicking KeyMaps and Import Key Maps. It gave me (FM.txt) an error: ''Failed to import FM.txt. Couldn't figure out what kind of file it was''.

After i rename your file (FM.keymaps.xml) there is no error, but no import happend.
Do i have to edit the XML and paste it manually or is there something i miss.

Greetings
<<

tanker

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 am

Kaische wrote:Nice idea, thanks for sharing!

After i rename your file (FM.keymaps.xml) there is no error, but no import happend.
Do i have to edit the XML and paste it manually or is there something i miss.

I was concerned about this. My file refers to toons 'tank', 'healer', 'DPS1'... Since you probably don't have those toon names it is probably not importing. I couldn't figure out a way to export it cleanly without mucking up my setup too much.

The easiest thing is to open the file in a text editor, and replace the six toon names with your toon names. If that doesn't work, perhaps Lax can provide some suggestions.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 am

I might be thick, but I really have troubles getting my other 5 characters join in on the fellowships conjunction... Is there someone that could try to explain a bit more to those noobs (read ME :-P) that does not really understand programming that easy so I actually may get it? I'm atm levelling up six runekeepers and my only big issues is how to get / hand-in quests and how to get those conjunctions flowing...

hope someone could help me :-)
<<

mo_ron

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I recently attempted a guide geared towards LOTRO. It deals a little with questing ->

How to multibox in Lord of the Rings Online

You could start with that for questing . . .

For CJs, did you try the solution above? Or does it just not make sense how it is written? If you post your script, I'm happy to help you with it.

HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

Wanderlust

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi there - I was hoping to add this to my config setup but I don't know how to use it - I tried to follow what Kaische was doing (rename the file etc) but i don't see an option to "import key map" by right-clicking Keymaps in ISboxer. I'm attempting to build it manually but I guess I just don't understand how to config in boxer well enough as the outline really doesn't make any sense to me - can anyone help? I think if i could see how it is set up i could modify it for my teams configuration.

Thanks in advance
W
<<

Kaische

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:14 am

Yeah, sorry about my confusing post, i solved this problem by myself and didn't posted my solution afterwards so ... here it is:

Open the FM.txt in tanker's post with an Editor and copy the entire text to the Clipboard (Strg+A and Strg+C).
In the top pane in ISBoxer rightclick ''Key Maps'' and then ''Paste Key Map from Clipboard''.
Thats it.

Remember: Tanker has in his configuration 6 Action Target Groups (Tank, Healer, DPS1, DPS2, DPS3, DPS4) so the first Color is sent to the Tank, the second to the Healer etc.
I would suggest you edit the FM.txt and replace those targets to something that match with YOUR config (for example replace ''Tank'' with ''1'' which will be CharacterSlot1 in ISBoxer) and then paste into ISBoxer.

Or create completely new ATG's like ''FM_Position_1'' to ''FM_Position_6'' to remain flexibel, for example if you choose to run with another group setup or toggle in a bossfight one Character to NOT contribute to the Fellowship Manoever.
Or .... or ...

I hope this helps :)
<<

Wanderlust

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Thx for the update Kaische - I will try your solution next time I have time - one thing that bothers me though - Tanker has used num 5,6,7,8,9 in this set up - I already have those keys mapped to move my team as in Mor_ons guide - actually im running out of keys that dont already have actions assigned to them - could i use a modifier key to press down while i use these functions - and then they will have different actions when the modifier isn't pressed down? As i wrote this i realize what a dumb question that is - nevermind - lol

again thanks for the update i'll post back if i have any troubles

W
<<

SilentSpace

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:05 am

You can also use click bars for it. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=499&start=0
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

tanker

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 am

Since this thread is still getting some sporadic activity, I'll jump back in.

Aside from the thrill of "discovering" all the different FMs, I only use two now. RRRRRG if the team is low on health or RRRRRB otherwise. These are bound to two numpad keys and I just spam them when the conjunction starts.

The biggest issue I still have is getting everyone to select the conjunction target. If the conjunction starts on a mob while a spell is being cast (maybe just induction time and not animation time) my re-targeting doesn't work correctly and I end up with one or more toons not participating.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online