FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What does Innerspace do with the program it launches?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

grandemtn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:51 pm

What does Innerspace do with the program it launches?

So, I got tired of TurbineInvoker half the time either hanging for a minute on startup timing out on some xml file, or freezing alltogether trying to get the status of a server I don't use. So I found this great script the linux/wine guys wrote to launch lotroClient.exe via a script instead of the TurbineInvoker... adapted it to work under cygwin, and got it to let me login and launch the game. WOOT!

Then, I want ISBoxer/Innerspace to launch it for me so I can get my team on. So, I go into the game config, replace the launcher directory, executable, and parms to get it to run my command-line launcher instead of TurbineInvoker. It would launch ok, but Innerspace got some kind of weird memory access violation error like it was trying to talk to the launcher program but couldn't.

So, is Innerspace doing anything with the launcher program? What is it doing? Is there a way to tell it to wait until it actually sees the lotroclient.exe program to start interacting with it?

I can post more details of what I got working if anyone is interested...

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: What does Innerspace do with the program it launches?

Inner Space is a lot like wine, actually. Except that instead of running on linux (etc), Inner Space runs on Windows. Inner Space can only do what it does because it launches the game for you (just like wine must launch programs for you). So no, unfortunately it is not possible to "wait" until a specific program is loaded.

What is it doing with your program? Apparently breaking it. :)

I can't tell from your description of your script as to whether or not you are compiling an EXE file or not, but Inner Space only supports launching EXE files. If you are, and it is something you can share with me, then I can probably help you get it running in Inner Space.
<<

grandemtn

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Ah... nope, not compiling an exe, just running a bash script file. Here's what I told Innerspace to run:

Main exe: rxvt.exe
Main exe args: -e /bin/bash "/c/Program Files (x86)/Turbine/The Lord of the Rings Online/lotro.bsh"
Main exe path: C:\cygwin\bin\

and then, lotro.bsh is just a cygwinized version of the wine script launcher... here's a link to that:

http://www.bmx-chemnitz.de/~mfr/LOTRO/l ... her.script

The script does all the authentication stuff, talks to the web services to get the correct keys/etc, and then, at the end, just invoked lotroclient.exe with the proper arguments. The version on that website invokes WINE, so I just took that bit off.. invoke lotroclient directly.

Sad thing is, the TurbineInvoker used to work great for me... but over the patches/migrations, it started having those hangs and freezes... when you're launching 6 clients and 4 of them pause for 1 minute before they come up and 1 freezes because one of the EU servers isn't reporting it's status correctly... really annoying.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:37 pm

I'd have to get back to you on that particular method, but the PyLotro launcher should work: http://www.lotrolinux.com/download.php (download and install the pylotro-setup.exe)

Note that that's the launcher recommended for Linux, but it works under Windows. I'm working on fixing up Inner Space's Linux support (under Wine), so it does NOT actually work under Linux with IS at the moment ;)
<<

grandemtn

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:27 pm

Hey, just saw this, this is beautiful! It launches way faster! Only problem is it doesn't remember each windows username, but hey, it's about 5 times better than the other route, so I won't complain.

Thanks for getting this to work!
<<

grandemtn

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Fixed account remembering gripe... Manual Virtual file...

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\PyLotRO\LotROLinux.config

then each character... name it LotROLinux.config-[char name]...

Beautiful! I'm up and going on 6 chars in under 80 seconds! It was like 10 minutes most of the time. Now, need to get an SSD drive.. get that down to 30 secs (lol!)

Thanks again!

Return to Lord of the Rings Online