FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting 'pauses' with 16 clients on Win 11 Pro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thea

Post Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:39 pm

Getting 'pauses' with 16 clients on Win 11 Pro

This didn't happen under 11 Home.

I'm running a band, and the music plays just fine since the song (ABC file) uploads to the server and plays independently of the band once a "/play start" is issued. The trouble is that I frequently sing lyrics via the Poetical plugin.

These pauses can last anywhere from a couple of seconds up to 30! Completely nullifies my ability to sing as there's no way to keep pace to the music cues. Unfortunately I can't easily downgrade my machine back to Home as my recovery media is now a much older version to see if that would resolve anything.

This is a new PC compared to the laptop that was crashing sessions on me, that problem which I reported several months ago no longer happens. I can provide specs on the box if needed, it is extremely beefy.

Any thoughts? Thank you!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:29 am

Re: Getting 'pauses' with 16 clients on Win 11 Pro

These "pauses", can you more specifically describe them? Does the entire PC freeze? Do just certain game windows freeze? Do the freezes still occur without the Poetical plugin? (I know nothing about it)

It makes a big difference because a full PC freeze would almost certainly point to a hardware/driver problem; individual game window freezes can still be drivers, but also have a good chance of being caused by some kind of software bug (be it IS/ISBoxer, the game, etc).

Additionally, if it is individual game windows freezing, then it should be possible to retrieve a memory dump from the game instance (which can be done via Task Manager, or "Trace Diagnostics" from ISBoxer Toolkit) while it is frozen, and I can potentially analyze it to uncover what is taking so long at the time.

Otherwise, typically in this kind of scenario we start by asking for Compatibility Diagnostics from ISBoxer's Help menu. This provides some info on things running on your PC and loaded into the game, which can sometimes point out software compatibility problems.

If we can identify what is causing the freeze, I can potentially get you a fix.

With all that said, I have resolved many types of issues including compatibility and freezing issues, between the current live build (7111) and the current dev build (7195) of Inner Space. If you have not tried this yet, my first suggestion is to try the development build. Likewise, if you've been using the development build, you can try the live build, etc. To switch just right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the "Development" tab (or the "Live" tab to install the live version again) and click the "Install Now" button on that tab
<<

Thea

Post Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:08 pm

The freeze happens with game windows, not the entire PC. Doesn't matter if the Poetical plugin is installed or not (they're LUA scripts).

Specifically, I'll have my first two sessions with sound turned on, all the others turned off. So I'll hear when one of them changes as the sound that I'm hearing alters radically and can glance at the full screen or the thumbnail, depending, to see which has frozen. It's possible that other sessions down the line also freeze and I'm just not noticing them.

I'm about to load my band, I'll see about running the compatibility diags. I should also point out that this happened with 7111 and two or three older generations: I did a little backwards testing hoping it was just the latest version. I haven't tested 7195.

I should also note that this happens regardless of what server that I'm on - three different ones, thus far.
<<

Thea

Post Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:20 pm

Diag report. It's just a bit over the text limit and is attached as a file.

I have a workaround that lets me perform lyrics, but it's not ideal and doesn't fix the problem.
Attachments
ISB_diag_20230822.txt
(64.49 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:18 pm

If I had to suggest a possible cause without further info I would look into whether the Checkpoint software was causing an issue.

Otherwise a Trace Diagnostic on a frozen instance could be quite useful.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online