FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO Launch Failure

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sothran

Post Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm

LOTRO Launch Failure

Has a resolution been identified for the issue where the patcher spawns a black screen after selecting server but fails to launch the game and terminates? I know this has been brought up in other threads but the problem is persisting and for me is getting worse. I have a 6 man team and at times I have to run the patcher upwards of 30 times to get all six loaded. I am currently sitting at 4/6 and am on my 23rd run of the patcher trying to get the 5th loaded.
<<

Skarling

Post Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:58 am

Re: LOTRO Launch Failure

Same issues, 4 freezes out of 5 launches via InnerSpace since yesterday's patch on average. I encountered this in the past, but nowhere near current rate of failure. Regular launch - no issues at all. 64-bit client.
<<

Skarling

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi, is anyone gonna look into this? The game is unplayable now via InnerSpace due to constant freezes on instance launches...
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 pm

There was an update in the dev build that may help.

You can run this from your WIN+R run box (include all the quotes)
Code:
"%ProgramData%\Lavish Software\utils\LavishBuild.exe" install innerspace development "1.16 build 6715"
<<

Skarling

Post Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Sadly it did not help at all, same freezes
<<

Skarling

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:43 am

FWIW there appears to be some issues with x64 client that SSG is aware of (related to Visual C++ redistributable package) -> the post by SSG's CM explains it here https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread ... ient-Issue.

That said - I have no issues launching Lotro x64 directly, no freezes. They only occur when launching via InnerSpace. Posting in case this may help resolve current IS launch problems.
<<

Skarling

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:49 am

P.S. switching to x32 bit client in launcher settings appear to resolve the freezing issues, at least for me. Still hope to revert back to x64 when possible.
<<

Skarling

Post Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:40 am

Skarling wrote:P.S. switching to x32 bit client in launcher settings appear to resolve the freezing issues, at least for me. Still hope to revert back to x64 when possible.

Update - no, even with x32 bit client there are still many crashes on launch. So it is something Innerspace contributes to.
<<

Starrygirl

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:58 pm

I had this problem a bit back--same thing, wouldn't launch right with Innerspace, but worked fine with just the game. The following from the Lotro support page helped me. Step 2 is what worked for me, BUT, Please note: it will mess up your resolution settings, which was very scary at first-like 600x800. I had to go in and fix those, but it did let me log in no problems with 64 bit after that. Might want to make back ups of all your ini files for reference, first.

Link is: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/ ... -launcher-
<<

Skarling

Post Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:28 pm

Right... After today's patch I cannot even go past launcher if started via Innerspace, it just freezes outright on "Installing C++ redistributable blah blah" notice in launcher window. BTW, regular launch works just fine. I tried removing custom .ini files from Lotro folder allowing them to be re-created, but that did not help. Anyone on the software team can look into this? The update today did some tuning on DX - "Players can once again launch the 64-bit client with DX11 graphics enabled."
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online