FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO Launch Failure

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skarling

Post Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Re: LOTRO Launch Failure

OK, I resorted to manually re-installing the MS C++ libraries, ran new one that apparently was part of the patch download today, from Lotro directory. I had to remove previous versions first from app installations first, since they conflict. Now I was able to launch game instances from InnerSpace.
<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Trading between characters while in Isboxer party often leads often to crashes. That's a long-standing bug. You guys gonna do something, as well for launch crashes?? Or you all cry the WoW river? I dont care about WoW, I paid for Lotro, which is advertised on IsBoxer page as working out of the box. Well, IT DOES NOT.
<<

Sothran

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Took six months off from LOTRO and played other games in hopes you guys would get your stuff together and get your software that you sell as a service working. Apparently not. How do I get a refund for my subscription on this garbage service if you guys are not even going to bother maintain your service, or even respond . . .?
<<

Finney

Post Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Same problem here. Windows 10 20H2. Constant BEX64 issues/faults show in the app event log.

Code:
Fault bucket 1851735752497216747, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Need to try over and over again to get game clients to load. All loads just fine with no Innerspace.

I've started to believe it has something to do with the small text overlay that crops up when Innerspace launches a client:
Code:
System RAM Availalble: XXXX/XXXXX
Process Memory Usage:  XXX.XXX
Texture Memory Available: XXXXX

I don't see any way to disable that. You can disable the FPS indicator, but not that particular overlay.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:19 am

I'm not sure why this thread hasn't popped up on the radar more recently for me.

To attempt to provide some response for these different issues.

1. Trading between two characters crashing has been tracked down to lotro pluginsfor the other people it has been crashing for. There seems to be something with how the plugins are interacting with the game flow that ends up crossing the process boundaries. My suspicion is that it is something with the plugins accessing the filesystem not coping with multiboxing.

2. BEX64 errors are usually buffer overflows. The x64 Lotro is still classed as "beta", although this might change "soon". That said, the 32bit version still goes strong. These overflows can also be related to other overlay hooks to Windows, such as DisplayFusion which is a common one.

3. There may be some incompatibility with the current x64 game client as SSG have been changing a lot of the core of it in order to upgrade their internal tooling. Use the 32bit client if there are unexplained hangs/crashes.
<<

Finney

Post Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 pm

I may have found a fix. After looking at the dump files from the BEX64 crashes, they pointed to access errors in file libcef.dll. I searched around on my pc and found a lot of versions of this file in various locations. Most of them wouldn't work because the hooks Lotro was looking for weren't there. However, I did find one version (libcef.dll 64-bit file version 3.3112.1657.0) that was close enough to the Lotro installed version that it did work, and Lotro would launch. Since I did that last night, I haven't had a launch failure.

Libcef.dll is the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Dynamic Link Library; it seems to be freely available on the internet although I could not find this particular version out there. Here's a Google drive link to the one that worked for me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KDyHruYdW7_3XIF4V2P4L0Ifs1lEGZgF/view?usp=sharing

I did notice with Lotro's patch today that the original (non-working) version of libcef.dll was put back. I again replaced it with this one and things worked.

BTW, this is only for the 64-bit client. It should replace only the file under the /x64 folder in the Lotro install directory. Leave the one in the root directory alone.

Of course, it may just be a coincidence...

EDIT: Over a week and it still works okay. However, I have learned that now the store can't be launched in game. If you want to use the store, you need to exit, swap to the old dll, and restart--if you can.
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online