FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Near Banned

Moderator: MiRai

<<

El Finito

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 am

Near Banned

Heya,

im playing with ISBoxer since the end of last Month, 4 Char Team on a German Server without any Problem, i myself asked the Support, Multiboxing is really allowed, Yes it is, i forgot to ask about ISBoxer. Ok lets play.
Many other Gamers r looking on my Team, ok, let em Look, im thinking, its allowed, its ok.

Last Week i was playing with another Team on Arkenstone, the unofficial Oceanic Server, while i was playing my Main Char was teleported in an Room i dont know, someone tells me, i forget the exact Message, the GM has written about Control if im a Bot and i have 30 Seconds to Respond. Because i had answered i can further Playing. Also the GM saids to me i dont have to use 3rd Party Tools, on every Character have to sit a real Person on the Keyboard, something like that the GM tolds me. Im confused, without Tools like ISBoxer // InnerSpace it isnt possible to play real Multiboxing. Playing 1 Week on a other Server and a GM tells me...

I havent played much since this Situation, a little bit on the German Server again.

If it is really against the Rules to Multibox like before, Inner Space, walking with my Team through Bree where lot of Gamers are, why i havent any Trouble there? Only Luck that nobody reports me? I dont know what to do now, dont wanna loose my Main Account, the others too, but the Main is the most important one.

i wanna play like before, it is much Fun to Multibox, collecting Lotro Points etc. I´d collected enough Points to buy Moria, Isengart and Rohan for my 3 F2P Accounts, wanna play anytime with all that 4 Accounts in Minas Morgul, thats my Goal! ;)

Hope ya Guys can write anything that i can solve my Problem. :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:33 am

Re: Near Banned

What problem?

You had a GM check to ensure someone was at the controls, and it was not a bunch of accounts on a bot. This is normal.

Yes, LOTRO allows multiboxing. Had that right from the mouth of the devs. They do it themselves. If you want to make sure you don't get banned for botting, you need to pass a GM like you experienced. And you passed.

They cannot prevent you from using 3rd party tools. You have to in order to play the game. Windows is a 3rd party tool. Innerspace uses Windows API's in order to do what it does. If they complain about using Innerspace, they'd have to apply the same rules to the operating system, and that would be silly as no-one would be allowed to play.
<<

El Finito

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:41 am

Thanks bob,

also the GM has written something about Macros. Botting and Multiboxing is completly different? One is Automatic and the other ... is fun, Gaming. ^^
Maybe that GM only wants to check me if im a Bot?

As you´ve written, i can write a Ticket by myself and tell em exactly what im doing, im using ISBoxer, Inner Space... etc. They wouldnt ban me?
<<

bob

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:50 am

You are not allowed to use automation, including in Macros.
i.e. if you press a button, and can walk away from the keyboard, and buttons continue to be pressed and released and the game plays without you having to do anything. That is both a Macro and automation.

If, for something to happen in the game, you HAVE to press a button, EVERY SINGLE TIME, you want something to happen, how can that be automation? Regardless of whether one Window responds or 6 Windows? The whole one Window receives the input is what Innerspace is effectively changing within Windows itself.

Saves you doing this.

This is not automation. Modification sure. Automation, no.

And yes. GM checks are to determine if you are a bot. Thats what I said earlier.

p.s. You could write a Ticket for sure. But why would you. Have you been banned ? From what you said, No. You were checked, and you passed. I'd leave it at that.
<<

El Finito

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:58 am

Makes Sense. Personally i wouldnt like a Bot.
I read at this Moment in the Official Forums from Lotro, dont found an officiall Statement but im feeling a bit better like before. Thanks! ;)
Wanna do it and write a Ticket and tell em what im doing to feel more secure. It was a Bot Check maybe, as we both had written.

Have a Good Weekend and Thanks again! ;)
<<

bob

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:04 am

And I am going to recommend you don't because, they do not track all the pieces of software out there, and you write a ticket and say, "I am using blah blah blah piece of software to play lots of characters at once", and they just ban you. They don't care what the software does, they don't check it out, they don't have an "authorised list" that you (or they) could check for their expressly allowed 3rd party software (it's funny the TOS mentions this authorised 3rd party software, but there is never a list anyone can reference). Far better to play, wait for a GM bot check, pass it, carry on.

You don't poke a sleeping bear. He's not interested whether you are a tasty salmon or a tree branch, or just a curious cat. When it's sleeping you leave it alone so you don't get eaten.

Maybe this will help explain why a bit better:
They will never approve using Innerspace and/or ISBoxer because that would then line them up for ensuring that every single release of Innerspace/ISBoxer does not do things that are against the rules, and they are not interested in having to do that. They will just say that 3rd party tools are used at your own risk under the TOS, and they recommend you do not use any (despite the fact it is required for you to use 3rd party tools to play the game in the first place).
<<

El Finito

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:21 am

Exactky this i have in my Mind... you´d written You don't poke a sleeping bear.

Think about to Leave it and play there where i dont have any Problems like Before on the German Server. Some GM´s r like Cops maybe others r more tolerant i think.

Without Luck or on a Bad Day and i write a Ticket i get a COP and not a friendly GM, meanwhile i tend to leave it. You r right i think! ;)
<<

Hara711

Post Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello Bob,

A further question on this topic.
Most of the time I am playing I may not swap over to an alts screen for an hour. If a GM was to send a message to one of my alts I would miss it, are there any suggestions/ideas on how that may be overcome?
<<

bob

Post Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 pm

Not really. Pay attention to all toons regularly is the best advice I can give. If you could isolate to only receive a ping noise and turn off all others, that would be great, but the game does not provide that option.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online