FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

advice for setting up CJ keymapping in LOTRO

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:15 pm

advice for setting up CJ keymapping in LOTRO

Hello all,

First let me say hello to all. This is my first post. I've been using ISBoxer now for about 2 weeks and this site has been of great help in getting me set up and I am having a blast multiboxing in LOTRO. I am looking for some advice on setting up keymapping for conjunctions in a 6 man set up. I know I am going to have to assing keys in the keymap section of lotro and assign key maps in IS Boxer but I would like some help in figuring the set up in ISBoxer from some who have it working already. I can usually follow along with someones descirption but not so good figuring out the key map sequence on my own.
Thanks in advance for any help...
<<

wili6

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 am

Re: advice for setting up CJ keymapping in LOTRO

Lotro has a default option to assign hotkeys to certain colours on the FM's.

I'm currently dualboxing, so I only need 1 colour of most of the times (red or green). I assigned my arrow keys to the FM wheel, whereas:

Red is 'arrow up'
Green is 'arrow right'
Blue is 'arrow left'
Yellow is 'arrow down'

You should be able to use the IS keymaps to make sure you only need to press one key (or arrow key in my example), to get your toons select different colours on the FM wheel.

Little example:

Champion, captain, warden, runekeeper and lormaster take RED (arrow up). No special action needed in the keymaps. The minstrel however, will need to pick another colour.

In this FM you have 3 different options:
RRRRRY is aoe damage (minstrel needs to be in melee range).
RRRRRB is damage +power to everyone (minstrel can go from range).
RRRRRG is damage + morale hot to everyone (can do from range.

In the keymaps you set that, when you press arrow up, it gets translated to the minstrel as 'arrow right'. This is pretty easy to do I think.

Also, make sure that you assign a hotkey (in the lotro keymapping options) where you automaticaly select the mob where the FM is put on. I usually use a mouse click for that.

I hope everything is clear :), if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
<<

ecgric

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 am

Well what I am hoping for is to be able to do more advanced cj's like "dawn of the deep" or "wings of the warloard" and for that i will need to be able to assign a color to each toon maybe set up the color using the arrow keys and then set up a hotkey in ISBoxer to have all hit their respective key ..I am wondering how I set this up and what to do if the others get the bullseye rather then the color tree (for lack of a better word) so that a color can be chosen. Maybe I am making more out of this then it is but it doesn't seem as simple as assigning the arrow keys in lotro and 1 key map in ISBoxer.
<<

SilentSpace

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:30 am

Try it with a click bar. Make 4*6 buttons. Create 4*6 mapped keys with a key stroke action which is sent to a special char or slot.
You use only the click bars an you can deside which key combination you will use.

I have added the icons for it.
Attachments
Lotro Icons.rar
Conjunction Icons
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 1211 times
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

ecgric

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 am

Silent your idea is exactly what I am looking for. However I am hoping you can give me some more info on how to do that...the lotro part seems pretty easy as far as the key mapping goes but setting up the click bar in ISBoxer is where I think I will have problems, Or is there info in the click bar section explaning how to do this ?
<<

SilentSpace

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:28 am

Here are two screen shoots. I hope it helps because I don't have the time right now.
You can also ask somebody in the chat.

Screen 1 is the click bar menu not the mapped key.
Attachments
sreen.rar
Screenshot for help by setup
(252.02 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

ecgric

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Ok so that helps a little, it would help more if it wasn't in german :) My other concern is how do I deal with the non main window screens getting the bullseye instead of the color wheel ? How do I make sure they can all select a color and if the bullseye is up how do I do I activate it for all the other toons?
<<

ecgric

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:23 pm

I just want to say thx Silent for your help I got it working.
<<

Bdion

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks! I've been working on a way to do the same thing, and your solution is awesome! Thanks for posting it! :)
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:58 pm

SilentSpace - I just wanted to add my vote of thanks for the icons and screenshots. I've got your solution working and I'm really pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing it!

+rep
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online