FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lvl 30+ Minstrel DPS spam suggestions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wanderlust

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:28 am

Lvl 30+ Minstrel DPS spam suggestions

Hello

Here's my concept, My team (maintank, 1 mini, 4 hunters) is already set-up to where when I spam "Key 1" my hunters and tank rotates 3 skills, all timed to avoid hitting cool downs and when I hit Key 1+ALT It triggers a "killshot" (penetrating shot for my hunters) so I spam key 1, 3 or 4 times (skills build focus)and then hit Alt+1 to trigger the killshot . I repeat that pattern until a change of tactics is needed. My tank simply rotates ward, shield-swipe, vexing blow and cutting sweep as its killshot. I mouse-click any reactive's that are appropriate. Spamming key 2 does the same thing for the hunters and tank, but also includes the healer who rotates through 3 skills that deal a little damage but are mostly for the buffs ( 2 minor balads and a perfect ) with the killshot being coda of vigor. All his heals are set up on my G-keys where I can heal: self, all, main, and each hunter individually

I want key 3 to be my all out guns blazing offensive spam which will include hunters using oils, the tank in OP and the mini in warspeech. Key 4 will be for when my offensive spam brings too much heat and i have to drop out of warspeech and return to sword and board tanking. potions and ahh-snap skills will be available through modifier keys

Im seeking suggestions on which 3 + 1 killshot skills i should be looking at for a lvl 30 mini in warspeech?

Ordinarily I might ask my question in the only other forum I occasionally post to: (besides facebook lol) The LotRO Fourms. But I rarely see a post about multi-boxing there and when I do, its met with a lot of resistance. However, I am hesitant to ask here too because I never see any posts that get too deep into class specific topics and game play strategies. Its more about the configuration and software - which is totally understandable, So If there is a more appropriated place to talk about this (and get help) I would appreciate the link.

thanks
W
<<

tanker

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Lvl 30+ Minstrel DPS spam suggestions

To answer your second question first, I'd like to see more discussions on strategies here as well, and if I ever finish my new setup I would start posting them. I'm curious if you leave time between your specials to allow an auto-attack to happen or if you keep the skill queue full? I've read the DPS goes up dramatically, but haven't tested it myself.

For your first question, I don't think the mini has any good DPS spells at 30. I'd suggest turning on 'Song of Aid' (group buff, 10s channel, 5m cooldown) which is going to burn power.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online