FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

controlling war steeds during multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SilentSpace

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 am

controlling war steeds during multiboxing

Hi,

has somebody allready made some expirience with controlling of war steeds during multiboxing?
I'm still a bit away getting my war steed but I think about how to control and play them during multiboxing. I think it's not easy.

I really appreciate any hint and any comments about it, also for a good configuration which will work in IS.
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am

Re: controlling war steeds during multiboxing

I'm not playing the RoR expansion (yet...), so I have no practical advice to give.

However this is something I have been wondering about from the first time I read about mounted combat and something I've been trying to figure out in more detail. I understand from comments on the RoR beta forums that /follow works for characters (slaves) on warsteeds. I imagine it would be a good idea to choose Light warsteeds for the slaves and put points into Agility first, followed by any other traits that improve the "slave-steed's" ability to turn tightly and /follow. Initially ranged combat only worked in a forward arc, but that was changed during beta and I believe that ranged attacks can now be used in a 360 degree arc. I don't know how well melee classes will work out as slaves in mounted combat, but from what I've read so far, I believe that ranged and healing slaves on highly-agile mounts might work out OK, with a suitable class grabbing and holding aggro. But... that's all speculation.

I'll share anything else I dig up. I think RoR mounted combat is the first major hurdle for mutliboxers, in terms of the game's sub-systems, since Lotro was launched.

I too would love to hear anyone's thoughts, experiences and suggestions for multiboxing mounted combat.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:24 am

just got around to get those war-steeds, and first thing I noticed is that the new toolbar aint happy with my configuration.... so need to figure out how to address those short-cuts when you are on your steed and when your not. Other than that it seems like when I toggled normal toolbar the follow-function works smoothly at least.... Not tried any fights yet because of short-cut problems...
<<

AmazingBender

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:55 am

OK, great news.....

finally sussed my issue about the mounts... basically this is what I did...

I added mount-up to a short-cut button (\) which can obviously be whatever you want it to be
I then added a new alias to /follow and added to my short-cut button for /follow (which in my case is 9)
I then arranged all the different attacks for my steeds and funny enough they work similar to the shortcuts for normal combat :-) jihaaa !

so now I ride around Rohan pretty much one shotting everything except for the warbands.

so good luck to all of you others out there !

rawhide

Return to Lord of the Rings Online