FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Attacks are freezing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rand_alThor79

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 am

Attacks are freezing

This is my first time on the forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right spot...

The attacks are freezing when I multibox in LOTRO.

It happens, for example, when I use a straight key broadcast for an attack. Some of the windowed boxes then don't attack and can't attack again in the future. When those windows are activated, it looks as if they are still attempting to perform the last attack. They can walk around, go through doors, interact with NPCs, follow, assist, but until I exit the game, they can never again use any of their attacks or spells. This sometimes has also happened when I attempted to bring a toon out of a stance. They remain in the stance and are henceforth unable to use any attack or spell. Then after exiting the game, it has to "clean up old connection" when I reconnect. That made me think it was just an error on the LOTRO side, but I can't reproduce the problem except when I multibox using ISBoxer.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on or how to fix it? I was happily multiboxing for the last month with no issues until this started happening a few days ago and now I can't multibox for more than 5 minutes without this problem popping up.

Any help you can offer would be very appreciated!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 am

Re: Attacks are freezing

Try checking the "Make game believe it is foreground window" box in your Character Set? That's the only thing that comes to mind from ISBoxer's end.

Otherwise show me your config -- HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

Rand_alThor79

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:02 pm

lax wrote:Try checking the "Make game believe it is foreground window" box in your Character Set? That's the only thing that comes to mind from ISBoxer's end.

Otherwise show me your config -- HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support

Thank you for your quick response. I double checked and I do indeed have the "Make game believe it is foreground window" checked. Here is my config.
Thank you again for your help! I sure hope you can make more sense of this than I was able to.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 am

Try enabling the Hold option, in particular for your Mapped Keys that use modifiers (e.g. Ctrl+2). They're set to "released (default)" at the moment which instant-fires when you release the key. Using the Hold option should be more natural from the game's point of view, and may work better. This is the drop-down box that says "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" under the Hotkey for your Mapped Keys.
<<

Rand_alThor79

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:12 am

lax wrote:Try enabling the Hold option, in particular for your Mapped Keys that use modifiers (e.g. Ctrl+2). They're set to "released (default)" at the moment which instant-fires when you release the key. Using the Hold option should be more natural from the game's point of view, and may work better. This is the drop-down box that says "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" under the Hotkey for your Mapped Keys.

I changed everything to Hold and that ended up breaking the follow command I use in skirmishes and not fixing the freezing problem. However, your instincts were right, it seems that the key combinations like Ctrl+2 are the source of the problem. Those key combinations are for my stances and buffs and I use them before anything else. Apparently they set the stage for the problem. After using them I only had 1-2 attacks before it would freeze. The hold option didn't fix it, but knowing that that is the problem, I simply set my stances and buffs on each individual window. Doing that rather than broadcasting them seems to avoid if not fix the issue.

Thank you for your help and advice.
<<

Chubbz

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 am

I think you might be getting the bug most commonly referred to as "The Warleader Bug". It is a bug created by stacking toggle Auras within the Fellowship, these bug the toons so that skills will not fire, you get the little ants around skills when you try to use them, but they wont go off. Also once you have been Crown Controlled in any way, your toon then becomes Invincible, it wont take damage and you cannot log out, you have to hard exit the game, it will then take up to 15mins for "Cleaning Up Old Connection" to complete.

What classes are you playing? For example, when I box 5 hunters, I can only run Find The Path on 1 toon, unless they will all bug if I toggle on all 5 Find The Paths.

Other examples:
Minstrel - Tales
Captains - In Defence Of Middle Earth
Hunters - Find The Path
Rune-Keeper - Rousing Words
Warleader - Aura Of Command, Aura Of Protection, Mobilize
Weaver - Born Of Shadow
<<

Rand_alThor79

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:19 am

That sounds accurate. I tested further and you're right, the bug only happens when I stack Tale of Heroism (I'm playing Minstrel btw). This would explain why I'm only getting it when multiboxing since I virtually never group with multiple minstrels when playing solo and so would never be stacking a Tale.

So it would seem that this is a LOTRO bug and has nothing to do with multiboxing. Thank you very much for your help!

Return to Lord of the Rings Online