FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

diagnosis lagging

Moderator: MiRai

<<

boxhi

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:35 pm

diagnosis lagging

Every few minutes I have stuttering
I live already a few months with the problem But now I want to get to the bottom of it
it does not matter if I'm online with an ACC or ten
the most noticeable is when i zoom out and in

have Inner Space 1.15 6174
win10 pro
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
AB35-Gaming 3 (bios is up to date)
1080ti
16gb ram

where do I have to start searching?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: diagnosis lagging

Well, I would start with the current version of InnerSpace (maybe backup your InnerSpace install folder if you want to be able to revert). You are currently on borrowed time anyway as that particular version is using the old authentication process which the servers/services currently handling it will be shutting down soon.

If you still get stuttering on the current version, then you may want to look at the CPU strategy in use, and perform some basic monitoring to see if there are any spikes of other services while it happens.

It is also worth knowing that there have been ongoing reported issues with EVE for a long period of time with "freezing" for a few seconds. Usually when switching windows, which seems to be something to do with how EVE is handling the DirectX buffers and it seems to be doing a device reset.

There was a report that disabling the Windows Gaming, Game Mode helped. Others changed CPU strategy.

Beyond that, an Application Compatibility diagnostic might show up something.

Return to EVE Online