FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Clients fail to launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

christopher20171129

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Re: Clients fail to launch

Ah! That actually fixed it! I was having this problem the whole time because I didn't know how to actually exclude specific files from the Norton Antivirus scanner (it correctly was a non-issue with the Norton Firewall). ISBoxer EVE Launcher seems to be working just fine now, as would be expected from following the instructions very carefully.

Many thanks!
<<

thomaslear

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 pm

christopher20171129 wrote:Ah! That actually fixed it! I was having this problem the whole time because I didn't know how to actually exclude specific files from the Norton Antivirus scanner (it correctly was a non-issue with the Norton Firewall). ISBoxer EVE Launcher seems to be working just fine now, as would be expected from following the instructions very carefully.

Many thanks!

Lucky you mine is still broke

/e
BOB: I've split your issue to another thread, as it appears to be something different.
<<

christopher20171129

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:34 am

I spoke too soon, I'm now faced with the old "blank chat windows" issue when using the ISBoxer EVE Launcher. Forcing Innerspace through the official EVE launcher instead of the ISBEL seems to fix it.

IIRC, this was an issue I had so consistently I gave up trying to use the ISBEL before. Looks like I'm right back where I started after all, but at least the game actually freaking loads now. :/
<<

christopher20171129

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 am

to clarify, I think thomaslear and I were having the exact same issue. I don't know enough about jameslewis' issue to say for sure (knowing what I know now), but if I had to put money on it, I'd probably point the finger at the configuration of his antivirus program being the cause of his trouble as well.
Previous

Return to EVE Online