FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Login box not displaying

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fluxsource

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Login box not displaying

EVE seems to launch fine - the splash screen is displayed, followed by the login background. However the login box never appears, not any other buttons or items. It's also totally unresponsive - ESC does not bring up the options panel, and I need to forcibly quick the program to close it. It appears to still be "running" though, as the background animation continues, and the mouse cursor is the EVE one.

Any ideas?
<<

Fluxsource

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Login box not displaying

I should add, if I launch EVE on it's own (but still via IS) everything is fine. This only occurs when launching it as a character set.

NB: The set consists of two games - EVE on a secondary monitor, and LOTRO on the primary.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:14 am

This is the first I've heard of this, and there's quite a few EVE players using ISBoxer. Not being an EVE player I'm not sure what to suggest, specifically... Changing some video options could help?
<<

Fluxsource

Post Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks for the reply, but now sorted, as is my other issue (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=815)

Just don't ask me how...

I cleared out the settings, and started from scratch. I set it up in exactly the same way, and everything is fine - EVE loads normally, and the graphics in LOTRO are back to normal. No idea what I had set differently, but glad it's working now.

Don't know if they were both caused by the same issue, but they were solved at the same time, so... *shrug*

Return to EVE Online