FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having trouble with EVE Launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thut

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Having trouble with EVE Launcher

Hello,

i tried latest beta version 42.0.914.1 .

I do it step after step as in http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8128 described.
I try is several times. Following issues are regardless if i start games one by one or all at same time.

The windows arn't arranged as in layout specified. All started games be in fullscreen with max resolution.If i do a last step InnerSpace-Rightclick- ISBoxer CharSets-Leftclick on my charset, they are arranged or not. No deterministic beavior.
If it is arranged then the writing in my main eve windows are hardly to read. I think it has to do with the windows reduction.
<<

Thut

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: ISBoxer #42Beta

An other attempt was putting from fullscreen to window mode. Dont work.

I start the launcher through innerspace -eve- eve default profile. Seems to be correct. My 6 testaccounts start, each in his own window, but nothing further happens :(.
My layout should show my big active char on left side ~1802x1040( task bar) and my other accounts on right side, from top to bottom each 106x61 with a hole.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: Having trouble with EVE Launcher

I start the launcher through innerspace -eve- eve default profile. Seems to be correct. My 6 testaccounts start, each in his own window, but nothing further happens :(.

If that is all you do, nothing further should happen -- that is correct. Do the EVE clients that launch have FPS and Memory indicators in the top left corner? (If correct, they should!)

Generally you want to launch your Character Set immediately before starting the EVE Launcher via the Game Profile. This is the only way the windows are automatically going to do anything further as they launch. If you've waited too long (6+ minutes) it's also not going to do anything further. You mentioned doing this step afterward in your original post, I'm not entirely clear on whether you did it at all for your last post though.

If ISBoxer is active in the game window, then the Memory indicators in the top left go away, and depending on your ISBoxer configuration you may also get the Hotkeys/Broadcasting toggle icons in the top left corner.

So... what do you see in the top left corner of these game windows, that is from IS/ISBoxer and not from EVE itself?

Also, it will help us to have information from the main Inner Space Console window (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Console). Right click Inner Space and select Console. This is where ISBoxer and Inner Space detail what is going on during the launch process. With the Console open, 1. Launch your Character Set, 2. Launch the EVE Launcher via the Game Profile, 3. Launch TWO clients via the EVE Launcher; The EVE game clients should come up as names "is1" and "is2". Paste me the bottom several lines from the Console. Copy/Paste is explained in the wiki link I gave but most people gloss over so I'll explain here .... click and drag to Highlight a rectangle of text in the Console; when you let go, the text exactly contained by the rectangle (not to the left or right of it, so take care not to leave out the left half of the text) is Copied and the highlight disappears. You do not need to do anything else to Copy, now you just need to Paste that somewhere (like here).
<<

Thut

Post Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:09 am

Re: Having trouble with EVE Launcher

It works:).

Sry was my mistake, i started only via inner space, without a selected charset. See point 2 in your description.

Today, i boot, start is, use the real charset, start inner space then and it works. Main window and zoom windows are in place whre they should be, zoom from main is perfect and all writings clearly readable.

Nice side effect: IS caught windows in order how they are startet. So i can decide self.

Return to EVE Online