FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another EvE Launcher issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sinnerans

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:34 pm

Another EvE Launcher issue

Sorry, I hate posting with these kind of questions but I've been trying to get it to work for a few days and haven't had any luck.

I added a new game, EvE Launcher, updated my four characters to use the new game, and exported to innerspace.

At first, it would launch and I had the black client issue. But now I can't even get that far. I try to launch my character set, the launcher launches (After it deleted all of my accounts again), and i start the account I want. But the account launches in full window mode as if it were a regular client.

I've also tried launching the launcher from innerspace first (separate from the character set) and then launching the char set, (THIS WILL BE EPIC if you can make it work) but still has the same result.

If you can help that would be awesome. This game is significantly less fun without ISBoxer.
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: Another EvE Launcher issue

Have you tried all the steps from this post? Especially the bit about the ISBoxer 42 beta? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8128

With ISB42 you can use Dynamic Launch mode and do exactly what you want in this regard.
I've also tried launching the launcher from innerspace first (separate from the character set) and then launching the char set, (THIS WILL BE EPIC if you can make it work) but still has the same result.
<<

sinnerans

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:48 pm

I saw it but i was hoping to avoid diving down the rabbit hole that is beta software. I'll give it a shot.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:39 pm

But the account launches in full window mode as if it were a regular client.

This actually sounds like the EVE Launcher is not running via Inner Space. If the EVE Launcher was already running when you attempted to launch it via Inner Space, then the launch does not help. Beta or not will not make a difference to this issue.

So first, if you haven't tried just ... rebooting ... I would try that now. This should eliminate any possibility that the EVE Launcher is already running, or any similar issues.

If that doesn't help, run the EVE Launcher with Inner Space, then in ISBoxer Toolkit get "Diagnostics for game crashes" (in ISB42 this is now called Compatibility diagnostics) from the Help menu. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics If you paste that information back to us, we can then verify whether the EVE Launcher was loaded with Inner Space.
<<

sinnerans

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Restarted, different behavior:

launch the launcher from IS, wait for it to load. then launch the character set from IS, it terminates the old launcher process, launches a new one, then dies. Doesn't even attempt to launch clients.

This is on a brand new install of Windows 10, 24gb of ram, i7. the only other applications that are installed are ms office, chrome, and is + eve. i am going to try the beta thing now that I have access to the forum.

42 beta produces the same issues. ill do the diagnostics now.

diagnostics without IS: https://ybin.me/p/e99c8525927714e3#W1vL ... QA6zoNhnk=

w/ IS (note this time the launcher launched, then instead of having IS launch the four accounts, i did it manually, then it opened up four windows stacked on top of each other in the bottom left corner, I do have Direct3D9 Enabled): https://ybin.me/p/bd3c8621c89caee7#J8IN ... LY7JfgABE=
<<

sinnerans

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:11 pm

any other thoughts?
<<

DGgruv

Post Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:17 pm

sinnerans wrote:any other thoughts?

Hey. you can record a video how to run clients Ewe ONLINE

Return to EVE Online