FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sirknob

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:38 pm

No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

It's official. We knew it was coming eventually. Now we Must use the launcher.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6624307#post6624307

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/51a8dj/eve_news_exefile_login_to_be_discontinued_on/

Any workaround for this yet? I've been just running the launcher on patch day for years.

Regards
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

New sticky post Using the EVE Launcher - September 2016 with complete details

ISBoxer does not currently support the new EVE Launcher's multi-login feature, but there should be no problem otherwise using the launcher.

You just need to use the EVE Launcher with ISBoxer the same way you must use the launcher for other games with ISBoxer. Point Inner Space at the EVE Launcher, and here's how you launch your team....

1. Make sure the EVE Launcher is not running
2. Launch your Character Set -- the first EVE Launcher instance comes up
3. Log into your first account
4. Click Play -- the first EVE game instance comes up
5. The launcher must now CLOSE. CLOSE IT.
6. To continue the launching process at this point, repeat from step #1 with the game window(s) still open.

• If you skip step 5 and continue launching without closing the EVE Launcher, all of the game clients will be the same Slot to ISBoxer, and your Window Layout will not work. The only way for that to work is with ISBoxer 42 (Beta) and its new "Dynamic Launch Mode" option.
  • If your game windows appear black, use the setting in the EVE Launcher to have the game launch in Direct3D 9 mode. That issue should be corrected in the future, but this is the quick fix for now!
<<

Ebony_sniper

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Any plans to improve that? Like using eve launcher to start all the accounts and then using isboxer to setup window management with said accounts.
I think 3 years ago i would start 14 accounts on my computer using eve launcher, press isboxer character set and they would be like i would press the character. Just didn't have to wait for each account for isboxer to start and move onto the next one.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Yes, improvements are coming in ISBoxer 2.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:53 pm

logical from IRC, pointed out this little tool https://github.com/evem8/clilauncher (note: this only works with older accounts that were logged in via the Eve launcher prior to the update from late Aug 2016 when it appears they have changed the database mechanism for storing the never expiring tokens).

If you use this, and configure a game profile per account in Inner Space, and then set your characters to the correct game profile in ISBoxer, then it should make it a bunch easier, and probably faster. You can use the Add Game to add a new profile, or if you want them all under the same "Game", then you will need to use the Inner Space Configuration item, and add a new profile from there (advanced players might edit the gameconfiguration.xml file, but beware it is extremely easy to break it).
ISBoxer 2 should actually make this much easier with some passing of parameters to the command line (or at least it might when I get around to retesting it), but in the meantime a game profile per account is needed in Inner Space.

There is also this one too. https://github.com/Frosty-nee/rlel, which might be similar to the EVE jobby; he explains the process of what it does, and how the login sequence works. If neither suits, and you are so inclined, then between the two little apps, there should be more than enough info to get your own version working just how you want.
<<

saberus

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:32 am

There's no option to close the launcher after the character logs in..:(
<<

moot

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:38 pm

For me the real bitch is putting in the password on each account. As per the rules it is the one thing you can use broadcast for, logging on.
Time I guess to look into some scrip system to do all that.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:20 pm

moot wrote:For me the real bitch is putting in the password on each account. As per the rules it is the one thing you can use broadcast for, logging on.
Time I guess to look into some scrip system to do all that.

The EVE Launcher has saved account information built in still, right? (Other than when it apparently breaks and loses them all, according to the Reddit thread)

You should be able to use this feature with ISBoxer.
<<

oxigun

Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Since CCP has thrown the ball in ISBoxer's court [1], how difficult would it be to use a hybrid model:

1) Use the launcher to launch the accounts that need to logged on with the respective profiles. This works well for me but just launches 10 windows into the center of my screen.
2) Once the clients are running, tell ISBoxer to activate a specific profile that moves those windows around to their regions, removes the border and locks them in.

I don't know how difficult that is to code but since ISBoxer already has the ability to detect which applications/clients are already open and move windows around, that would a be a good compromise so as not to mess with the launcher itself.

Here's to hoping for a solution soon,

Oxi
[1] https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6629075#post6629075
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:17 pm

The redesign of the launching process (etc) has already been done for ISBoxer 2. The process outlined above is intended for ISBoxer 1 at this time.
Next

Return to EVE Online