FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

Moderator: MiRai

<<

moot

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:34 am

Re: No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

So that means one can launch all the clients in Eve launcher and then run isboxer?

You a HERO and saved CCP a fair bit of $ as I carry on playing.

Looking forward to 42 and when I have some time to looking at 2!

THANK YOU THANK YOU for your care!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:07 pm

moot wrote:So that means one can launch all the clients in Eve launcher and then run isboxer?

Close -- no you can't run ISBoxer after launching all the clients in the EVE Launcher.

You still launch your ISBoxer team, but instead of ISBoxer launching them for you, you then run the EVE Launcher through Inner Space, and proceed to launch all of your clients through the launcher.

Edit: I take that back, actually. Indeed, as long as you launch the EVE Launcher through Inner Space, you can select your Character Set after launching them all. They just won't get ISBoxer stuff until the Character Set is launched. :)
<<

multipass

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:19 pm

i tried 10x times, i must be bad still not working.
Can you post a visual or video about what we need to change?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:32 pm

multipass wrote:i tried 10x times, i must be bad still not working.
Can you post a visual or video about what we need to change?

There's a visual a few posts back...

1. Add EVE to Inner Space: Right click Inner Space, select Add Game, drag the EVE Launcher into the Add Game window or point it at the EVE Launcher using the "..." button. (http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Add_a_Game) Have you made it this far?

2. Select each Character in the top left pane under Characters, then set the Game and Game Profile in the bottom right pane.
Here is the visual Bob posted
Note that Bob plays LOTRO, but these are the settings you're looking for. Set yours to the Game and Game Profile that match your added EVE Launcher, instead of the LOTRO in the screenshot. Have you found these settings?

3. Export to Inner Space. If you forget to do this, your Characters will not be using the new Game Profile.

There are no other changes to make to your configuration. The only thing you are changing is switching from exefile.exe... to the launcher. If you've made it this far, ISBoxer is now launching the EVE Launcher, and NOT the game client directly.
<<

multipass

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:29 am

ok restarted from 0

1. yes i did
2. yes i did too
3. done too (i can see "eve2launcher" set)

so, now when i try to startup a slot, the launcher start in a "stand-alone" frame
i insert password, it show all slot i can
i push play, i open an ISbox slot but the ISbox frame stay black
if i try to start all the set, the ISbox frame are on the same position (no window layout)

so i tried to start each slot separately (launch slot, log in the launcher, push play, close launcher then repeat)
the ISbox frame stay black but it show now in the correct window layout
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:46 am

multipass wrote:ok restarted from 0

1. yes i did
2. yes i did too
3. done too (i can see "eve2launcher" set)

This is everything you needed to change. If you did all of that the first time then I'm sad that your post didn't explain your issue the first time, because none of what I said in my last post matters for your current issue.

so, now when i try to startup a slot, the launcher start in a "stand-alone" frame
i insert password, it show all slot i can
i push play, i open an ISbox slot but the ISbox frame stay black
if i try to start all the set, the ISbox frame are on the same position (no window layout)

This is from not following the posted instructions. The only way for it to work as you've described in this case -- by all using the same launcher instance -- is to use the new Dynamic Launch Mode from ISBoxer 42 Beta. Otherwise you're convincing ISBoxer that all of the windows are Slot 1 (hence why they are all in the same position).

so i tried to start each slot separately (launch slot, log in the launcher, push play, close launcher then repeat)
the ISbox frame stay black but it show now in the correct window layout

You've now followed the instructions.

The black window issue can be resolved by setting the launcher to launch the game in Direct3D 9 mode. (This is an option in the EVE Launcher!) You're all set now, have fun ;)
<<

multipass

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:53 am

ok, dx9 resolve the black screen

thanks for the support!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:49 am

No problem!

Okay everyone, I have made a new sticky post: Using the EVE Launcher - September 2016
The new post is very thorough and covers instructions for both ISBoxer 41 (Current) and 42 (Beta), along with easy fixes for common issues people run into.

I'm locking this thread now, please begin a new thread for any new issues, IF you've already checked the sticky. Thanks! :)
Previous

Return to EVE Online