FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TheCerv

Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Re: No more Exefile logon from Sept 20th

lax wrote:The redesign of the launching process (etc) has already been done for ISBoxer 2. The process outlined above is intended for ISBoxer 1 at this time.

Will we be seeing ISBoxer 2 any time soon?
AMD PhenomII x6 1090T Black Edition OC'd 3.7GHz
nVidia Geforce GTX 760 /w Driver 335.98
ASUS M5A99FX Pro
8GBs Mushkim RAM
x3 ASUS 23" Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Currently running 12 EVE: Online Accounts
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 pm

ISBoxer 2 currently in Alpha, but ISBoxer 42 is coming first.
<<

Dosan517

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:14 am

So I have attempted to go through the process of switching over to the launcher to launch my character sets. I was unable to launch my characters with an updated game this afternoon and decided now was as good a time as any.

I did this:
1) Created a new game in InnerSpace (file location was C:\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe ).
2) Made a new character set using this game profile.
3) Made sure that all instances of the eve launcher were closed (as per Lax's post) even checking the taskmanager to ensure all were closed properly.
4) Attempted to launch my character set.

Nothing happened - no client launched and no launcher appeared.
I then decided to try and launch an individual character slot out of my character set... still nothing.
I restarted my computer and tried again (making absolutely certain no other instances of the launcher were running)... still nothing changed.

If I have done something wrong could you please point it out to me please and thank you in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:29 am

Dosan517 wrote:So I have attempted to go through the process of switching over to the launcher to launch my character sets. I was unable to launch my characters with an updated game this afternoon and decided now was as good a time as any.

I did this:
1) Created a new game in InnerSpace (file location was C:\EVE\Launcher\evelauncher.exe ).
2) Made a new character set using this game profile.
3) Made sure that all instances of the eve launcher were closed (as per Lax's post) even checking the taskmanager to ensure all were closed properly.
4) Attempted to launch my character set.

Nothing happened - no client launched and no launcher appeared.
I then decided to try and launch an individual character slot out of my character set... still nothing.
I restarted my computer and tried again (making absolutely certain no other instances of the launcher were running)... still nothing changed.

If I have done something wrong could you please point it out to me please and thank you in advance.

Right click Inner Space and select "Console". This will pop up a console in the main Inner Space window, which ISBoxer will use to say what it is doing as it tries launching your team. With the Console open, launch your team and see what it says.
<<

RedThreat

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Had similar issue with those game clients which used non-standard resolutions. Had those windows black and semi-frozed.
Selecting "Run game on Directx 9" option in launcher helped me in this case.
<<

enzaki

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:57 am

RedThreat wrote:Had similar issue with those game clients which used non-standard resolutions. Had those windows black and semi-frozed.
Selecting "Run game on Directx 9" option in launcher helped me in this case.

thx for the info ^^

i hade same issue but by Runing the game on Directx 9 fixed it :D
<<

Dosan517

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:00 am

| 18:51:46 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'HH'
| 18:51:46 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 18:51:46 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'HH' are valid...
| 18:51:46 ISBoxer: Good!
| 18:51:46 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'HH' all slots...
| 18:51:46 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'XXXXXXX'
Game 'Want To Multi Box' not found

This is what happened to me here. I have deleted all previous games... however "Want to multi box" remains the game it wants to launch? Not sure. Thanks for the time and help lax.

EDIT:
I reinstalled innerspace and it got rid of all my character sets and games however it did fix this problem :)
Last edited by Dosan517 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:13 am

The Characters in ISBoxer reference the game profile in Inner Space by name. If you delete stuff from Inner Space, it does not change ISBoxer or the profile. You would need to edit the characters in ISBoxer and change the Game and /or Game Profile settings, and then Export to Inner Space.

Imagine yours says "Want To Multi Box", and EVE stuff.
<<

Dosan517

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:59 am

bob wrote:The Characters in ISBoxer reference the game profile in Inner Space by name. If you delete stuff from Inner Space, it does not change ISBoxer or the profile. You would need to edit the characters in ISBoxer and change the Game and /or Game Profile settings, and then Export to Inner Space.

Imagine yours says "Want To Multi Box", and EVE stuff.

Yeah I did change that and save it all, nothing changed on that behalf (tested that just before I reinstalled).

I probably messed something up earlier in the situation but I am sure you're right. :) Thanks for the reply.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:36 am

The moment you've all been waiting for ... ISBoxer 42 Beta has been updated as of this morning with a new "Dynamic Launch Mode" option.

In this mode, ISBoxer does not launch your Characters for you; rather it waits for you to launch them yourself, and from there it will simply treats them as if ISBoxer had launched them.

So with this new option, you can launch the EVE Launcher through Inner Space, have it launch all of your Characters for you automatically, and ISBoxer can take the game instances from there.

Note that in this mode, because ISBoxer will be applying settings to these game instances late (due to not launching them itself), certain limitations apply to Window Layouts and Virtual Files (e.g. the game may have already accessed a file before it can be virtualized in this mode, and it definitely already set up the graphics rendering and game window before the Window Layout could apply).

More details what's in ISBoxer 42: http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_42
And if you want to try the beta, here's how to join: http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Beta -- Please let me know how it goes, any feedback is a very important part of this process!

I expect ISBoxer 42 to release by the end of this month.
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online