FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

MiRai wrote:The problem is... How do they enforce such a rule without false positives?

Yeah, I guess they cannot... Well, I guess we need to reconfigure ships to adapt to changes. Luckily I am using Skiffs for mining (one laser each) and drones boats for other stuff, still painful but maybe manageable.
<<

davidruth

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:23 pm

One of the issues with this is in incursions. ISK can be made in it by multiboxing. If you have at least 10 accounts you can make 10 mil isk per 5 - 10 minutes depending on how fast you run them. So with 10 chars you can make 100 mil every 10 min so for every hour you can make 600 mil isk or in 2 hours over a bil. Plex prices (in game account payment) is now up to almost 1 bil per plex. It used to be around 500 mil or so. In about 20 hours of game play you can plex all your accounts. In a month you can afford to have the shiney ships needed for incursion running.

The real main issue is bomber squads, etc. Its the same issue as in WoW they don't like being ganged up on.

I myself mine in the game as I enjoy it. But now it will be much more difficult to mine in the fashion I am accustomed to.

Not sure how isboxer can "over come" this but the way it looks isboxer is pretty much doomed in this game.

:(
<<

A-Box

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:39 pm

bullshit. ist because of the Bombers.
ccp changed drone behavior earlier, so 0 sec alliances adapt and build up isboxerfleets and bomberwings.

the amount of isboxer used in incursions is pretty low compared to the others. and the Money they make is not impacting the market enought to get ccps Attention. if you would have listened to the last keynote, you might have known that fact.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:41 pm

davidruth wrote:But now it will be much more difficult to mine in the fashion I am accustomed to.

Not sure how isboxer can "over come" this but the way it looks isboxer is pretty much doomed in this game.

Once people get over the gloom and doom and back down to business, people will just be a) running fewer accounts, and b) doing things differently instead of broadcasting to all clients. If you're mining with 10+ accounts you're obviously not going to be happy come January, but part of their intent is to bring down that inflated number of accounts. "Throw more ships at it" can't be the EVE multiboxer's end-game. If that's what ISBoxer is to you, then for you "ISBoxer is pretty much doomed". But ISBoxer still provides other utilities to make multiboxing more efficient with it than without it, and some people (and corporations) have chimed in to state this change doesn't drastically affect their use of ISBoxer or other multiboxing.
<<

A-Box

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:59 pm

lax wrote:But ISBoxer still provides other utilities to make multiboxing more efficient with it than without it.

sorry, but not at that Price, a window Manager is not worth that amount of Money.
<<

IronSatan

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm

So, you put 10 dps overview windows next to each other and click each one in order. - Targeting fixed
You put two watchlists next to eachother and click each one in order.- Logi fixed
You put targeting windows next to eachother and click each one in order. - Additional Target managment issues fixed.
Or you use drones, which now only requires drone assist to be manual. - Mutiboxing Fixed.
<<

IronSatan

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Just tested this on my 10 accounts, confirmed you can multi-box in C3 space with no broadcasts. Tested in SISI for incursion, that works too, just can't feasibly run over 15 toons. But thats just my limitations.
<<

LargeChicken

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:38 pm

MiRai wrote:
lax wrote:It does sound like you can still use Video FX dashboards for example as long as you are interacting with a single client at a time and not activating a module on 50 different ships at the same instant.

This would have been my recommendation to others, as well.

Unlock the topic I made (like an idiot) so I can edit it to avoid confusion. (Or just do that youself)
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I made a duplicate post, thanks for fixing it

Here's my post on the eve forums regarding their position on input duplication and my thoughts

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ost5242995

Unless they pull back on this I'll be dropping all my subscriptions save my main
Last edited by Shadowandlight on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lockout

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Question. Yes we can't press F1 now to turn on guns for all the clients at once. But what if we use round robin and press it 10 times to cycle though all the clients to turn mods on and off? Is that banable? For me I'm going to try some different setups come Jan. 1 and if it doesn't feel fun like it does now I'm going to be quitting sadly.
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online