FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shadowandlight

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Haha, I just posted the round robin work around to Reddit to show how asine this entire policy is...

the mods removed the post because using round robin is against the EULA.

Sigh
<<

A-Box

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:08 pm

how is round Robin against the eula? and how can ccp remove a reddit post?
<<

Skarling

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 pm

Shadowandlight wrote:Haha, I just posted the round robin work around to Reddit to show how asine this entire policy is... the mods removed the post because using round robin is against the EULA.

That is bad news. Next thing they gonna do is say "one keyboard and mouse set per each client", like Trion did for Archeage.... Looks like I am not ressubbing in December and will wait until after this gets resolved one way or another.
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:52 pm

A-Box wrote:how is round Robin against the eula? and how can ccp remove a reddit post?

It wasn't a ccp person, it was a reddit mod (just for that sub reddit).
<<

Tappits

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Terrhian wrote:
ISBoxer is still a useful program for Eve Online even without mouse/key broadcasting. Video FX, Video FX Focus hotkey, dxnothing, repeater pass-thru, + keyboard. These are some of the ways we can input commands and mouse clicks in other accounts of Eve without having to switch windows. Not to mention the round robin features and other hotkey commands we can create.

This, There is still loads of things isboxer is useful for. i don't think i have ever used the broadcasting commands other than logging in accounts in the year i have had isboxer and i never even got it for that. just the window layouts and swapping with round robin was enuff for me to get a 3 year sub, and if i am still playing eve in 3 years then i will get another 3 years because going back to manually moving windows and alt tabbing and all that crap would make me what to kill myself and i would prob quit eve at that point.

Also can the lavish devs come up with a way so you can transfer your subs to other people... and if they do you can send all your useless isboxer subscription time to me.... (i also take eve assets too ;) )
<<

Lockout

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Shadowandlight wrote:Haha, I just posted the round robin work around to Reddit to show how asine this entire policy is...

the mods removed the post because using round robin is against the EULA.

Sigh

Its a reddit and they have no say in what is against the EULA at all. Just ignore them.
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Lax and everybody else, RE lax - we will get through this just fine. Some things will change, some things will have to be done differently, we multi-boxers clearly have a public relations problem within the membership of Eve. Frankly, when I first started looking at IS Boxcer, I kept seeing things relating to other games like WOW and seeing the mentioning of macros and thought I was in the wrong place. I am a rule follower, but I'm not adverse to pushing the envelope.

Lax, I see several ppl mentioning leaving, here is a suggestion to increase the value of the program - incorporate windows cloning. That would be huge and especially since we have to push a button in each window instead of relying on the repeater, having the next screen pop up by pressing the same key and having the cursor sitting on top of the next mouse click will make the absence of the repeater be only a nuisance as we whisk through the screens within a few seconds of how fast the repeater can do it. The change will happen in the config files as the config file for the base screen account will update the config files of the other accounts. Because it will most likely be set up once, it will be no more automation than any other screen wizard setup.

Ok, some say "but I use an overview with more columns for wormholes than the overview I use for hisec mining." Lax, you are a brilliant guy and I know that you can figure out how to summon up a windows set for different missions or times when they will be used together. Perhaps the selection of the overview from the overview list will drive it, or a key combo, or holding down the right mouse button while clicking through the options for that window with the left mouse button, or some marvelous method I cannot even conjure up. If we can move from screen to screen (screen is the account, window is something you can bring up by pressing an icon or some other way to open a window within a screen - just wanted to clarify that so no one gets confused when I talk about screens and windows as they are two seperate things for the sake of this discussion anyway.

Let each player designate the "base screen" which in my case will be the character on the far left of my 12 little screens at the top of my windows configuration. Actually only 11 as one is in the other 90% of my 30 inch monitor. so I have eleven, a space for one more and a hole up there.

I know there is a forum here full of question marks about window cloning so I can't be the only one interested in this and I can't be the only one a little concerned about downloading and installing something from someone who I'm sure is a fine person who just happens to belong to a group in Eve that does not have the benefit of a good reputation among some other players. If you standardized this in the special way you do, it would certainly be a value added feature and the timing with this silly decision on Eve's part makes it even more attractive and may help you keep some business. I want you to prosper and live long. Where have I heard that before?

So let everyone select there own base screen and on that screen they will place every window any of their characters will bring up in any setting, dps, logi, mining. hauler, pvp, whatever. Once they have that window at the size and location, hit something to show it is just right and they want to save it. If you have a watch list for 20 people and someone else has one for three, they will be different sizes and everybody likes to put things where they like to put them, so a cookie cutter here won't cut it. When I do solo Incursion Vanguard missions with my twelve toon fleet, I actually have a watchlists for DPS, Sniper/DPS, and one for logi. I could really combine the DPS and Sniper/DPS because if any of the bad guys survive the sniper phase and get in close, whatever happens those snipers eventually change crystals and become DPS, but one of them is my drone bunny. I like to keep the friend and foe in different windows to make any targetting errors easier to spot. so I want a logi watch list.

You know me by now that when given instructions like the ones found in the windows cloning forum, I can scratch a bald spot before i ever get started, and as I am really close to 68, those bald spots take longer and longer to grow back in. Having been an Infantryman in my military career and even though I learned to drive a car and fly a helicopter and eat a super duper 4 patty cheesburger with extra ranch dressing and had sandwich management trained to five so I never got a drop of ranch on my uniform, I learned how to compensate for technology by using field expedients. To synchonize my windows across all missions, I cut several pieces of clear plastic just the size so they would fit tightly in my monitor's case around the screen and completely cover it. I brought up the windows on my base screen guy and then placed dots with a sharpie in the corners of the square or rectangle, then moved through charactors with that task and lined up all the windows. OK, time consuming, but not a single new bald spot! I think I have eleven pieces of plastic back in my man cave right now.

I hope I have sufficiently transmitted this suggestion/request but stand (actually sit) ready to answer and justify any part of with even greater verbosity then previously demonstrated.

Ok a just little soapboxing about out image with Eve's player base. I remember a multi-boxer coming into a popular incursion chat and taunting everyone about how much isk he was making and it was awful. The worse it got the more he liked it and amped up his crap. Now, that communty will not let anyone multi-box in their fleets. Even if they are one player short of fielding a fleet, they will not let a multi-boxer bring one other toon in but will wait for another player. If they have two characters coming from the same IP, which can happen from dorms or even some appartment buildings, or two brothers sitting next to each other at home, they start asking questions and they want to speak with each player at the same time on Teamspeak. Folks, we ought to be making the path before us smooth and not crappy with broken glass mixed in. When I am soloing a VG mission, I will not contest anyone, even if they come in after I've been there. There are plenty of missions out there. I've found that just going into a roid belt in the assembly area of the incursion and just fighting off the sansha who show upm I get the 400 LP and the 3.5mil for each player up to six. It only takes about 5 minutes or less and you scoot right on to the next belt rinse and repeat. I have never gone into a belt and waited more than a few seconds for them to show up. But be forewared, these are not the scout sansha of the old days, these are Outuni, Vylades, Deltoles, I think everything you will see in a VG. These are not the scout missions that could be run in a harbinger solo and you get neuted and webbed right off. I still take my 12 in, because I have the dance down, but it could be done with about 6 who were not slackers or necessarily shiny, but dont go in with any drakes or missiles boats. Definitely take a logi.

Have a great time!
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:22 pm

And now I'm banned from /r/Eve for discussing macros (round robins)

Jeez
<<

ALIZ007

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Dynamite874 wrote:Yeah I have just sent a evemail to CCP Falcon asking about a few things. I think Isboxer will be hit badly but I doubt it will die out completely within EVE.

what is falcons email. because some one got banned for using g15 mouse and eve key broadcast. some how that is automation and its not even 2015 yet
<<

ALIZ007

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 pm

lax wrote:
for larger fleets it is a death verdict.

I think this is the overall intent of this change, and I think it will have the intended impact.

Cross-posting from my reddit comment:
Multiboxing will still happen, but without broadcasting to multiple clients at once. This is more sad to someone like TheWis with 80+ accounts, or even someone with 10, than it is to someone with 2 or 3. I think we would all agree that 2 or 3 is a more appropriate number to be playing than 80, and I think that's the effect this change will ultimately have.

p.s. Reddit thread is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2ndrl2/the_end_isboxers

can you make a client multi boxing tool just fro eve by working with ccp. something they can say they have control over. it will encourage trust and development
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online