FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Re: Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Lockout wrote:Question. Yes we can't press F1 now to turn on guns for all the clients at once. But what if we use round robin and press it 10 times to cycle though all the clients to turn mods on and off? Is that banable? For me I'm going to try some different setups come Jan. 1 and if it doesn't feel fun like it does now I'm going to be quitting sadly.

As long as it's not sending to more than one at a time, it should be allowed. At least, that's the way I understand it.
<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:41 pm

For stuff that has keyboard shortcuts in-game there are solutions (multistepped mapped keys, round-robin or even G15 keyboard macro functionality). What's gonna hurt most is outlawing the repeater for mouse clicks, with Eve being a "clicky" game - i.e. targeting, drone launch and assist, etc.
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Would round Robin be allowed with a pause in between the key press?
<<

Skarling

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Shadowandlight wrote:Would round Robin be allowed with a pause in between the key press?

I see no reason why it should not be, as it is one key press per each window.
<<

Terrhian

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:17 pm

I hope CCP will realize how many people will inactivate our alt accounts if this happens. I agree with everything ShadowandLight was saying in his post. The Eve economy is going to take a large hit when Multiboxing Miners stop using our accounts. I've enjoyed the challenge of Multiboxing in Eve with 14 accounts. A very powerful feature in ISBOXER is the mouse repeater. If I can't use the mouse repeater and key repeater functions, Eve is going to be very boring for me. I would have to shrink active accounts by a lot if I'm going to continue mining.

Unlike you ShadowandLight, I do buy Plex with ISK to keep my accounts active. I can't be the only Multiboxer that utilize the Plex to keep accounts active. Come January, I may just keep 2-3 accounts open instead of the normal 14. If this happens to every Multiboxer, the demand of Plex will go down by a lot. Wouldn't you say?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Skarling wrote:
Shadowandlight wrote:Would round Robin be allowed with a pause in between the key press?

I see no reason why it should not be, as it is one key press per each window.

At worst you could trap the mouse buttons and have a two step mapped key which has MB click to self, swap to next window. Put broadcast on a toggle key when you hold down the button, and it turns on broadcast for mouse positioning purposes only, then let it go to turn off broadcast, you can then cycle through quickly and have individual clicks in the same place.

Mouse broadcast to move the mouse around is not on the list (maybe), and shouldn't be as ALT+Tab doesn't move mouse position (on non game windows anyway), and would be damn difficult to detect without some super spying involved, and as it is not changing anything to do with the game itself, should not be ban-able. No doubt some super happy GM's will think otherwise and count it as "interaction" or "Input Automation", when really it would just be correcting a bug in the client. Of course if the mouse position stays static when you switch windows, like it does when you ALT+Tab, mouse broadcasting for positioning purposes not required, and everyone is a winner.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 pm

IronSatan wrote:Just tested this on my 10 accounts, confirmed you can multi-box in C3 space with no broadcasts. Tested in SISI for incursion, that works too, just can't feasibly run over 15 toons. But thats just my limitations.

It would be great to see this in action to help ease the minds of others. It doesn't have to be some super spectacularly edited video, just something that helps people understand how they can continue to go about multiboxing.

A-Box wrote:
lax wrote:But ISBoxer still provides other utilities to make multiboxing more efficient with it than without it.

sorry, but not at that Price, a window Manager is not worth that amount of Money.

I personally have to disagree that ISBoxer should be lowered in price just because CCP has changed their stance on broadcasting/repeating because, as it stands right now, ISBoxer is currently about $4.15 a month, and I can't think of anything that costs anywhere near that much money which can offer enjoyment for 30 days at a time.

If multiboxing EVE is no longer enjoyable for you after CCP's new policy takes effect, then I don't see how paying less money for the same software is going to help keep you playing.
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:27 pm

With incursions and wormholes how are you tackling the issue of targeting?
<<

Lockout

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Valerian wrote:
Lockout wrote:Question. Yes we can't press F1 now to turn on guns for all the clients at once. But what if we use round robin and press it 10 times to cycle though all the clients to turn mods on and off? Is that banable? For me I'm going to try some different setups come Jan. 1 and if it doesn't feel fun like it does now I'm going to be quitting sadly.

As long as it's not sending to more than one at a time, it should be allowed. At least, that's the way I understand it.

Shadowandlight wrote:With incursions and wormholes how are you tackling the issue of targeting?

I've been thinking about something I think would work. What if you broadcast a target then use mapped keys to sync mouse pos and then it just round robins the control+mouse 1? You could target that why and not be straight broadcasting to all clients at once. So would that work? Only way I can think about making it work...
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 pm

That seems like a good idea, anyone else have ideas?
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online