Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tappits

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

ALIZ007 wrote:
lax wrote:
for larger fleets it is a death verdict.

I think this is the overall intent of this change, and I think it will have the intended impact.

Cross-posting from my reddit comment:
Multiboxing will still happen, but without broadcasting to multiple clients at once. This is more sad to someone like TheWis with 80+ accounts, or even someone with 10, than it is to someone with 2 or 3. I think we would all agree that 2 or 3 is a more appropriate number to be playing than 80, and I think that's the effect this change will ultimately have.

p.s. Reddit thread is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2ndrl2/the_end_isboxers

can you make a client multi boxing tool just fro eve by working with ccp. something they can say they have control over. it will encourage trust and development

Yer it would be Isboxer with 80% of it striped out... and you can bet your ass DXnothing would be the 1st thing to go.
<<

barrenearth

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 pm

ALIZ007 wrote:
Dynamite874 wrote:Yeah I have just sent a evemail to CCP Falcon asking about a few things. I think Isboxer will be hit badly but I doubt it will die out completely within EVE.

what is falcons email. because some one got banned for using g15 mouse and eve key broadcast. some how that is automation and its not even 2015 yet

Was actually banned for using Isboxer with broadcast on my 4 man mining team this week, the same day as the policy change announcement. They also banned every account I ever logged into this computer with (all but 3) and I petitioned.

Finally got a petition response and they said basically that using broadcast mode to control more than one client with the same mouse and keystroke was a violation of the TOS/EULA. I repetitioned because the policy is not in effect yet and they closed the petition.

Needless to say, after 9 years in EVE I am done. The game has changed too much (for the worse) and their new blanket ban policy is pissing me off.
<<

A-Box

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 am

hm. strange. i am 10 boxing still. not even Close to a ban.
<<

barrenearth

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:22 pm

A-Box wrote:hm. strange. i am 10 boxing still. not even Close to a ban.

If players report you, then yes you probably will. Another friend of mine who uses Synergy to multibox was just banned because he had 9 accounts that all had the same name scheme. They are taking a real dumb blanket approach now.
<<

A-Box

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:57 pm

i can promise you that around 20 Players Petition me continously.
nothing happend. since i used isboxer
<<

barrenearth

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:01 am

A-Box wrote:i can promise you that around 20 Players Petition me continously.
nothing happend. since i used isboxer

Just be careful, the environment at CCP is changing rapidly.
<<

Hafwolf

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:03 am

I love ISboxer for multiboxing for eve online. If ISBoxer and multiboxing in eve have a bad reputation then maybe we should try to get show them that we can help the eve community rather then hurt it. Lax does a really good job with the program making it great for players. Maybe us users should maybe find ways to helping the game we play and others people we play with. I am not sure how was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions. Rebuild our reputation.

Thank you
<<

Skarling

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Don't see how either, other than posting "You can have my stuff" on Eve forums, lol
<<

Hafwolf

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am

I am not talking about the trolls on the forums. I am actually talking about what is important to ccp "new players". My think is maybe take some time every now and then and help rookies get them going on the right road. Eve is harsh to new players and old players are not really new player friendly. With multiple account it would be fairly easy to Help give advice maybe command some mining fleets or help with missions in rookie space in which help them get what they need. Also the code is another problem take advantage of rookie players if rookies had and experienced miner help with tanking there ships it might reduce the code's impact. I look at it this way. Probably helping people in eve with my multiple characters might actually help me in the long run with CCP if they see a positive from the multiboxing community.
<<

bugme143

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Hafwolf wrote:I am not talking about the trolls on the forums. I am actually talking about what is important to ccp "new players". My think is maybe take some time every now and then and help rookies get them going on the right road. Eve is harsh to new players and old players are not really new player friendly. With multiple account it would be fairly easy to Help give advice maybe command some mining fleets or help with missions in rookie space in which help them get what they need. Also the code is another problem take advantage of rookie players if rookies had and experienced miner help with tanking there ships it might reduce the code's impact. I look at it this way. Probably helping people in eve with my multiple characters might actually help me in the long run with CCP if they see a positive from the multiboxing community.

I'm "attached" to a community and we regularly help new players, including ISK donations. I also help players in other chats with missions and fitting advice. I don't know what CCP realistically expects us to do that most of us aren't doing already.
I'm an EVE bro with extended knowledge of incursions. Feel free to contact me here.
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online