FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ignat

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 am

Re: Important update to EVE Online rules coming January 2015

Hello guys! Sad news CCP presented. All i do not understand is hardware like g15 keyboard also not allowed in eve online after 1 jan 2015?
<<

A-Box

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:02 am

MiRai wrote:
IronSatan wrote:Just tested this on my 10 accounts, confirmed you can multi-box in C3 space with no broadcasts. Tested in SISI for incursion, that works too, just can't feasibly run over 15 toons. But thats just my limitations.

It would be great to see this in action to help ease the minds of others. It doesn't have to be some super spectacularly edited video, just something that helps people understand how they can continue to go about multiboxing.

A-Box wrote:
lax wrote:But ISBoxer still provides other utilities to make multiboxing more efficient with it than without it.

sorry, but not at that Price, a window Manager is not worth that amount of Money.

I personally have to disagree that ISBoxer should be lowered in price just because CCP has changed their stance on broadcasting/repeating because, as it stands right now, ISBoxer is currently about $4.15 a month, and I can't think of anything that costs anywhere near that much money which can offer enjoyment for 30 days at a time.

If multiboxing EVE is no longer enjoyable for you after CCP's new policy takes effect, then I don't see how paying less money for the same software is going to help keep you playing.

There are open source Window Manager for EVE out there, it payed for ISBoxer cause of the other Features.
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 am

In this thread someone gave an idea to do rapid targeting without broadcasting.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ost5244321

Can someone translate his idea, I'm not following it.

Targeting I have always done manually too unreliable im my opinion to automate

I know in logitech you can set a button to ctrl + left MB click at a given screen coordinate so also setup your broadcast windows i the same paces. 10 button pushes 10 locked targets in what 1-2 seconds ?

I expect you can do the same with other vendors software also.

isboxer I can do this several different ways I would prolly go where do like before just add the Video Fx feature

just means it opens a little video fx(think video feed of a given size) around current mouse location so i can see where my mouse is on that character screen click and it sends a ctrl left click 10 key presses and 10 left clicks 10 locked targets
with broadcast windows again you can easily lock targets in a nominal amount of time.

it wouldn't be a pure 100% alpha strike like you can with broadcast targeting however the time difference will be for most part insignificant in my opinion.
<<

Shadowandlight

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 am

IronSatan wrote:So, you put 10 dps overview windows next to each other and click each one in order. - Targeting fixed
You put two watchlists next to eachother and click each one in order.- Logi fixed
You put targeting windows next to eachother and click each one in order. - Additional Target managment issues fixed.
Or you use drones, which now only requires drone assist to be manual. - Mutiboxing Fixed.

Can you screenshot an example? I'm a visual learner!
<<

Terrhian

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:53 am

I personally have to disagree that ISBoxer should be lowered in price just because CCP has changed their stance on broadcasting/repeating because, as it stands right now, ISBoxer is currently about $4.15 a month, and I can't think of anything that costs anywhere near that much money which can offer enjoyment for 30 days at a time.

A-Box, you sound as though ISBoxer was created ONLY for Eve Online. It wasn't. Look at the list of games out there in the forums people multibox with. For you to say ISBoxer should be discounted because CCP is going to ban some of ISBoxer's features... I don't think your looking at the entire picture logically. So for every game a company bans or limits ISBoxer we should get a discount?...

In regards to WoW, I didn't complain when Blizzard disabled the /follow feature in Battle Grounds PVP which handicapped multiboxing. You can still use ISBoxer in world PVP though. For myself, instead of giving Blizzard $60 a month / $720 a year, I gave them $15 a month, $180 a year instead. Blizzard's loss.

ISBoxer is still a useful program for Eve Online even without mouse/key broadcasting. Video FX, Video FX Focus hotkey, dxnothing, repeater pass-thru, + keyboard. These are some of the ways we can input commands and mouse clicks in other accounts of Eve without having to switch windows. Not to mention the round robin features and other hotkey commands we can create.

But just another side note for myself. If CCP does go along with this broadcasting ban in January 2015, I'll go from 14 accounts to 3 or 4. CCP's loss. I'll reopen my subscription to either WoW or WildStar... I'll find a game worthy of my Dollars (^_^).
<<

A-Box

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:32 am

i was not calling for a Discount. is just pointed out that for me, and me personally, isboxer was only used in eve online.
and getting isboxer crippled that way is not worth for me to Sub it anylonger.
<<

soleilnu

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 am

Lockout wrote:Question. Yes we can't press F1 now to turn on guns for all the clients at once. But what if we use round robin and press it 10 times to cycle though all the clients to turn mods on and off? Is that banable? For me I'm going to try some different setups come Jan. 1 and if it doesn't feel fun like it does now I'm going to be quitting sadly.

This is a good point. Any keystroke (or mouse click) effects characters individually, so my best conclusion is that round robin would be within both the spirit as well as the letter of the new rule.
<<

A-Box

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:47 am

what is that roundrobin? my boxes are broadcasting at the same time if i use that kinda Setup in cpu.
do you talk about a different Kind of roundrobin?
<<

Skarling

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:25 am

A-Box wrote:what is that roundrobin?

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Round-robin

"Round-robin is a name given to the idea of sending an instruction (such as a Key Combination) to each of several windows, one at a time. "

I was researching the limitation imposed by CCP on use of programmable G keys on Logitech G15 keyboards and came across this from GM Lelouch -

"Lastly, multiboxing is allowed, and programs designed for multiboxing in mind which allow a player to manually issue the same command to multiple game clients at the same time are allowed. In the same vein as what has been stated above, the player must be manually sending the commands; if a program is automating those commands for you, then it would be considered a breach of our EULA."

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic ... 934473#274

quite a turnabout for CCP....
<<

Futureman

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:11 am

Is it possible to add a Custom and random delay between the clients?

For example: Client1>>klick>>50-100ms delay>>>Klick2acc>>>>100-150msdelay>>>klick3client usw

?
PreviousNext

Return to EVE Online