FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No more multiple Accounts?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

galaxy

Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 pm

No more multiple Accounts?

I tried Eve today. Fell in love with the mine farming, not in love with some of the training queues, 24 hours plus. Anyway, sent a trial request to a couple of other e-mails to get another farming account going. Diff names and addresses, every time I tried to log in the said thanks for your enthusiasm but keep it limited to one account. WTH? Anyone know what's up with this?
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Re: No more multiple Accounts?

This is only an issue with trial accounts. You can have as many different regular account clients running as you'd like. In fact CCP encourages this by offering special discounts occasionally for people to get a 2nd account.

If you have a trial account logged in, you can not have any other EVE account logged on the same machine.

The reason this is not allowed with trial accounts is that EVE has a lot of meta gaming going on, and there are repressions for your actions. If you could just roll as many trial account alts as you want, and have them all online at the same time, you could very easily have real time spys all over the universe. Additionally, you could muster up a strong enough for to take down almost anyone in secure space without having any of the consequences to your security rating or outlaw status.
<<

galaxy

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: No more multiple Accounts?

I went ahead and bought a second account. You were right, it was an issue with trial. Now my only issue is waiting for training. :oops:

Return to EVE Online